Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

How cool would it be if these guys made an app that we could use for our own music?

Comments

• It looks like a scene from that Matt Damon movie where people get shrunk, and those guys are jamming on an iPhone. :D

• Was gonna say, it’s playground!! Lol

• But this one is as big as an actual playground. Imagine whipping that out on the bus. :D

• imagine if they made an app that we could use for our own music

• @CracklePot said:
    It looks like a scene from that Matt Damon movie where people get shrunk, and those guys are jamming on an iPhone. :D

I want the bottle of Absolut from that movie

• @kobamoto said:
    imagine if they made an app that we could use for our own music

Already did and already retrieved from the AppStore: beatsufing

• beatsurfing is a controller app.

imagine if they made an app like this that we could use for our own music.

• Have wanted playground that we could put our own content in to since it came out, such a shame its stuck in expansions and then very insular too, no link etc if i remember right :(

• edited March 2018

Doesn’t KRFT offer a more flexible way of playing your own sounds on screen?

• Never tried it, does it have built in samplers and synths ?

• edited March 2018

@kobamoto said:
    beatsurfing is a controller app.

imagine if they made an app like this that we could use for our own music.

I have a dream, that one day, some developer will make a music app that actually feels and plays like it belongs on the touch screen and isn’t totally nerfed in terms of functionality enabling the creation of complete pieces in a wide variety of genres/sound palettes.

The status thus far is: we’ve been completed spoiled with apps that have tons of music making functions and features, and only a small handful that actually make use of and feel fun to play on the screen.

Developers, iKaossilator came out almost 7 years ago, it’s been almost as long since Figure came out. And we said back then and still say “boy this is fun, wish it could do a bit more to make full songs gee whiz that would be great and I’d pay good money for it” and all these years later those two are still the cream of the crop in terms of fun on the touch screen. and then Playground comes along and it’s NOPE ONLY REMIXES.

But please, make another AU compressor. That’s all I really need to feel inspired.

And then there’s Auxy with it’s monster sound engine but you can only compose in a piano roll. For chrissakes. It’s a goddamned 2d screen. There’s x axis and y axis. X is pitch cause that’s like a piano and makes sense and y is WHATEVER BECAUSE WE CAN. You got Groovebox over in the corner with its virtual keys, midi in, velocity settings, .....and there’s no velocity on the y of the virtual keys. You got the keys in Gadget which are a total joke and even worse cause they’renso tiny. And remember Gadget was iOS exclusive for a long time so what the hell?

Huge shoutout to the developer of Beatonal, whoever he is, who actually looked at Figure and made an honest attempt to build upon that and do better and you know what? Beatonal is pretty damn useful sometimes.

Why is there not a touch screen instrument like soundprism where the sequencing is done right on the playing surface like Figure and iKaossilator? Everybody wants to bitch about screen real estate well why not follow the example of these fine apps who apparently were way ahead of their time and still are and take these concepts to their full potential?

Ok rant over. Sorry folks

• Well said Db...maybe we should lobby Alec for something like this to be his next app?

• edited March 2018

@kobamoto said:
    Well said Db...maybe we should lobby Alec for something like this to be his next app?

I dunno who that is? I’m assuming he’s a Playground guy. I say go for it. If playground is anything to go by, they certainly possess the skills. In the meantime I’m hoping @jimpavloff will be so kind as to consider a bigger touchpad in Grooverider (which is freaking awesome). Somebody please help us! We are but music makers.

• @gusgranite said:
    Doesn’t KRFT offer a more flexible way of playing your own sounds on screen?

I checked out Playground a pretty long time ago. Then KRFT came out and I pretty much forgot about Playground. Sadly, I never was able to fully utilize KRFT, and haven’t opened it in a while. It turns out that building an interface for my song or jam session is kind of boring to me, and I rather just get on with the business with making the music. Still, the potential of KRFT is pretty awesome and I may try it again some day.

• @db909 said:

@kobamoto said:
    Well said Db...maybe we should lobby Alec for something like this to be his next app?

I dunno who that is? I’m assuming he’s a Playground guy. I say go for it. If playground is anything to go by, they certainly possess the skills. In the meantime I’m hoping @jimpavloff will be so kind as to consider a bigger touchpad in Grooverider (which is freaking awesome). Somebody please help us! We are but music makers.

Alec just put out samplist..... I hope he goes this direction with whatever his next app will be....

theoretically it should be easier to lobby... Herrmutt Lobby Since the word lobby is in their name and they've already got bazooka coding chops, and already made the app , and all we need is sample import but.... apparently they're not getting enough messages from people to make it a priority... to make it , the priority! imho every single person who uses samples should send them the message!

• @cracklepot, the Krft guys are great, and actually they listen but Krft is a tiger of a different stripe, not exactly the same vibe kind of like bm3 and impc pro

• @Samplemunch said:
    Never tried it, does it have built in samplers and synths ?

You need to import your samples. It’s pretty impressive what it can do and how it goes about it. Fun network sharing of performance tracks as well.

http://studioamplify.com/krft-tech-specs