Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

NEW Developer Interview, Ep02: Dave Gibson from FutureSonic talks AUv3 Plugins and Tips for New Devs

Ep 02: David Gibson (Bristol, UK) creates inventive and fun AUv3 iOS plugins at FutureSonic. What’s an AUv3 plugin? How do you get started in making audio apps? Dave answers those questions and more.

0:37 – What is AUv3? Why is it so hot right now?
2:28 – Why do you make audio apps?
3:28 – What does someone have to learn to make an AUv3 plugin?
6:18 – What’s the big deal about Open-source?
8:00 – What is FutureSonic?
10:46 – Inspiration for your new AUv3 plugin, FS Refraktor?
13:38 – Advice if you want to make your first Music App
15:30 – More tips for first time App Developers
16:28 – Developer Advice you would tell your younger self
19:55 – Adding Freelance work to the mix

-

This is a great interview, tons of good information for those who want to get into music app making.

Big ups to Dave at FutureSonic for taking time out of his day to share his knowledge!

Comments

• @yaknepper - Thanks!

Would anyone like this content in Audio/PODcast form?

I don't suspect there's a huge audience for app developer interviews. However, if some of you want it, I'll look into it.

• @analog_matt i'd listen to it in podcast form for sure

• edited March 2018

@theartwebreathe - rad!

Everyone-
    Doug from the @thesoundtestroom sent me his link for FS Refraktor. I've updated the Developer Interview to use Doug's link. You can use the link on the video or the AudioKit site to buy the app and support The Sound Test Room. All future Developer Interviews will also include Doug's links.

• Interesting interview. I’m loving the commitment these guys have to iOS music development. :)

• This is very interesting, thanks Matt for bringing us these dev interviews.

• I would listen in podcast

• @analog_matt said:
    @yaknepper - Thanks!

Would anyone like this content in Audio/PODcast form?

I don't suspect there's a huge audience for app developer interviews. However, if some of you want it, I'll look into it.

That would be great!