Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT: Observations

Comments

• edited January 2018

@richardyot said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Couldn't listen to the whole thing, but the first minute is UNCANNILY like 'Creep'. Any lawyers here? Lana Del Ray has said that 'she' offered Radiohead 40% but they want a 100% so it's going to court? Doesn't the offer rather undercut her position?

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2018/jan/08/radiohead-lana-del-rey-creep

Inspiration, eh?

I really like Lana Del Rey, she's a fine singer and songwriter IMO, and I would wager this is an accident, she's obviously heard Creep at some point in her life, and probably subconsciously lifted the melody. There's no denying it's identical.

It's worth noting that Radiohead themselves were sued (successfully) by the Hollies because the middle eight melody of Creep is similar to The Air That I Breathe.

I think 100% is a bit steep, but that's what happens when you get the lawyers involved. Richard Ashcroft lost all the music publishing to Jagger/Richards over Bittersweet Symphony, and that was for using a sample, the melody was all his and yet he still lost the rights.

At least this lawsuit makes more sense than the Blurred Lines one, where there was no similarity in the vocal melody or music to Marvin Gaye's Got To Give It Up, it just used a similar rhythm and "feel".

Ashcroft should have never mentioned the source.
    I firmly believe it IS all folk music, but sometimes honesty is not the best policy. Not at all.

• Juxtaposition as commentary:

No one wants to die. Even people who want to go to heaven don't want to die to get there. And yet death is the destination we all share. No one has ever escaped it. And that is as it should be, because Death is very likely the single best invention of Life. It is Life's change agent. It clears out the old to make way for the new. (Steve Jobs)

[Somewhat worryingly, two seemingly unconnected posts directly following in my feed this morning.]

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Couldn't listen to the whole thing, but the first minute is UNCANNILY like 'Creep'. Any lawyers here? Lana Del Ray has said that 'she' offered Radiohead 40% but they want a 100% so it's going to court? Doesn't the offer rather undercut her position?

Inspiration, eh?

Hmmm... I like a lot of Lana's work, and I'm a big Radiohead fan. Creep would easily make my top 10 desert island tracks. But, I'm not really hearing enough similarity here. I don't think RH would win this one in court. We'll see I reckon.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Juxtaposition as commentary:

No one wants to die. Even people who want to go to heaven don't want to die to get there. And yet death is the destination we all share. No one has ever escaped it. And that is as it should be, because Death is very likely the single best invention of Life. It is Life's change agent. It clears out the old to make way for the new. (Steve Jobs)

[Somewhat worryingly, two seemingly unconnected posts directly following in my feed this morning.]

That badass swim cap is to die for.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

I think you know I am a devotee of Egoist and I am going to work hard here to not fall into Roosevelt's Trap but playing with Obscuriam made me realize I might have fallen in love with the wrong sister.

I also recognize that we all have a sound or a vibration in our ears that strikes us as something like that's my music, what I want to make and in the (I suppose) Radiohead Services (like the Heston Services of my youth but different) everything I fiddle with here screams 'use me and write a song right now'....the good news is that it has a very simple box for recording right then and there a specific number of bars which can then be taken away and incorporated.

As well as a new roof, any cash we can find behind the sofa is ging to have to go on a new PC - this one is falling apart around my ears, otherwise I'd be all over this and Aparillo.

Are you using a demo? If so what are the limitations? Maybe I can satisfy a few cravings by mucking about with that, while this PC's still working.

It's 99 bucks here. Which made me realize again how relatively cheap iOS apps are, not as regards individual cost so much (although of course that), but more the ability to try lots of things out/make mistakes, desktop prices leave far less room for bitter regret etc :) BUT none here over this one. It's just sounds like me. Or a version of me anyway. Some good vids here:

https://sugar-bytes.de/obscurium

Oh snap. I vaguely remember this one mentioned before... maybe a teaser before the actually really. Sweet Bejebus! Mommy, Mommy, Baby want's this one real bad. Just watched a couple of the vids. $99 might be a little rich for my blood, but I'd pay a iOS premium level price for it in a heartbeat.

• @skiphunt said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

I think you know I am a devotee of Egoist and I am going to work hard here to not fall into Roosevelt's Trap but playing with Obscuriam made me realize I might have fallen in love with the wrong sister.

I also recognize that we all have a sound or a vibration in our ears that strikes us as something like that's my music, what I want to make and in the (I suppose) Radiohead Services (like the Heston Services of my youth but different) everything I fiddle with here screams 'use me and write a song right now'....the good news is that it has a very simple box for recording right then and there a specific number of bars which can then be taken away and incorporated.

As well as a new roof, any cash we can find behind the sofa is ging to have to go on a new PC - this one is falling apart around my ears, otherwise I'd be all over this and Aparillo.

Are you using a demo? If so what are the limitations? Maybe I can satisfy a few cravings by mucking about with that, while this PC's still working.

It's 99 bucks here. Which made me realize again how relatively cheap iOS apps are, not as regards individual cost so much (although of course that), but more the ability to try lots of things out/make mistakes, desktop prices leave far less room for bitter regret etc :) BUT none here over this one. It's just sounds like me. Or a version of me anyway. Some good vids here:

https://sugar-bytes.de/obscurium

Oh snap. I vaguely remember this one mentioned before... maybe a teaser before the actually really. Sweet Bejebus! Mommy, Mommy, Baby want's this one real bad. Just watched a couple of the vids. $99 might be a little rich for my blood, but I'd pay a iOS premium level price for it in a heartbeat.

Ah....Mister Booth. A creepy character who's stayed with us....

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited January 2018

@Max23 said:

@skiphunt said:

^^
    I found this mighty creepy when I was a teenager.
    I didn’t understand what is going on.

I dunno... it's just kinda how I feel when I at once want a new iOS audio app, but know that I really don't need another new iOS audio app. LOL ;)

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited January 2018

@skiphunt said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

Inspiration, eh?

Hmmm... I like a lot of Lana's work, and I'm a big Radiohead fan. Creep would easily make my top 10 desert island tracks. But, I'm not really hearing enough similarity here. I don't think RH would win this one in court. We'll see I reckon.

I think it's rather brilliant, and beats the eternally po-faced Radiohead at the whole po-mo game. There are touches of Creep, ELO, Hollies, Orbison, along with lyrical references to Bowie, Neil Young, and, once again, Radiohead. Poor Yorke & Co...beaten at the whole self-consciously arty hustle by a mere slip of a girl! Pink Floyd would have never let that happen. Oops...

• I love how art ends up all over the place.

• The quality of public discourse has been pretty vulgar for awhile now...

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    I love how art ends up all over the place.

Such a missed opportunity though...

• @richardyot said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

Brilliant.

• Commonplace book entry for theoretical ignoramus (self):

• Dunno if you checkout that Nielson link I posted, but it had this info, too.

Vinyl had a renaissance at retail by experiencing sales growth for the 12th consecutive year, comprising 14% of all physical album sales. The top-selling vinyl LP of the year was the re-release of The Beatles’ Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band.

• @telecharge said:
    Dunno if you checkout that Nielson link I posted, but it had this info, too.

Vinyl had a renaissance at retail by experiencing sales growth for the 12th consecutive year, comprising 14% of all physical album sales. The top-selling vinyl LP of the year was the re-release of The Beatles’ Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band.

Does this mean HDVCR is coming?!??

• @richardyot said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

Ziggy played fetch and ball
    Romping round with Rex and Queenie
    He could sniff them just by sidling...
    Oh I give up!

• This guy pisses me off. Feel as though he's been reading all my notebooks on the sly.

Apple certainly didn't fall from the lovely tree however...

• “Creativity is more than just being different. Anybody can play weird - that’s easy. What’s hard is to be as simple as Bach. Making the simple complicated is commonplace - making the complicated simple, awesomely simple - that’s creativity.”

-Charles Mingus

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    “Creativity is more than just being different. Anybody can play weird - that’s easy. What’s hard is to be as simple as Bach. Making the simple complicated is commonplace - making the complicated simple, awesomely simple - that’s creativity.”

-Charles Mingus

"Complexity is your enemy. Any fool can make something complicated. It is hard to make something simple" - Richard Branson

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    “Creativity is more than just being different. Anybody can play weird - that’s easy.

And anybody can play simple, that’s easy too.

The difficult part is making a decent job of either of the above.

Experimental/avant garde music isn’t just about making silly noises, though obviously that’s the fun part, just as abstract art isn’t just throwing paint at a canvas.

There’s a bit more to it than that, Charlie.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    This guy pisses me off. Feel as though he's been reading all my notebooks on the sly.

Apple certainly didn't fall from the lovely tree however...

I detect similarities to this track by Wevie Stonder... but I doubt they will be sueing?

https://weviestonder.bandcamp.com/track/the-rooney-man

• @MonzoPro said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    “Creativity is more than just being different. Anybody can play weird - that’s easy.

Experimental/avant garde music isn’t just about making silly noises, though obviously that’s the fun part, just as abstract art isn’t just throwing paint at a canvas.

I hear you, but I think you guys might be talking about two different kinds of simple. Shame of it is we can't get Charlie's further thoughts on the matter.... :)

• @richardyot said:
    Richard Ashcroft lost all the music publishing to Jagger/Richards over Bittersweet Symphony, and that was for using a sample, the melody was all his and yet he still lost the rights.

Greedy bastards. They could’ve instructed their lawyers to extract the requisite pound of flesh. But no, they preferred to crush the guy.

Almost as bad as the ruling that Led Zep didn’t pilfer from Spirit, with reference to Stairway. Sounds a clear to me a when Harrison borrowed from the Chiffons.

I suppose the old saying that the Devil looks after his own has some validity.

• edited March 2018

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

I hear you, but I think you guys might be talking about two different kinds of simple. Shame of it is we can't get Charlie's further thoughts on the matter.... :)

Simple=focused. There’s an element of clarity and specificity of musical intent. I dont take it to mean anything regarding the competency of the musician or the genre or what’s considered hip or what’s considered mainstream trash or what’s difficult to play or any of that. That’s my take anyway

• @db909 said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

Simple=focused. There’s an element of clarity and specificity of musical intent. I dont take it to mean anything regarding the competency of the musician or the genre or what’s considered hip or what’s considered mainstream trash or what’s difficult to play or any of that. That’s my take anyway

Also reminds me of Miles Davis (and others) talking about knowing which notes to leave out etc etc.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

Oh I know, and lots of musical genre's work with a knowledge of what to leave out..funk and reggae for example.

Bit 'weird' music is also very difficult to do correctly, and it's very, very easy to muck up and scare off the punters with a horrible mess. As I find every time I post something to the SOTM thread...

• @MonzoPro said:
    Bit 'weird' music is also very difficult to do correctly, and it's very, very easy to muck up and scare off the punters with a horrible mess. As I find every time I post something to the SOTM thread...

>

Or it could be that your work is so far into the future, most people haven’t caught up. ;)