Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

NaviChord or Chordpolypad?

2»

Comments

• @Tickletiger said:
    Chordion is best for that, but get all three!!

that is correct...I have all three and I love CPP for what i do..but it cant play melody on onscreen keyboard.

But you can assign "notes" you want to play on CPP to play "simple" melodies

e.g intro riff stand by me, pentatonic My girl riff

• @audiblevideo said:
    I have both Navichord and ChordPolyPad

I find it easier to bang out chords on CPP and come up with interesting voicings.

Congrats to both

thats because CHord PP and can do great octave voicings and inversions..

as for navichord you can do only 3 note voicing when you EDIT a pad...

e.g a simple G D/F# Em run is very easy to accomplish with CPP

• @hisdudeness said:

Not exactly. In Navichord you can enter more than 3 notes and then adjust octave for each note. Up to 5 notes per chord. It can't do bass notes for now, but it will still treat you bass chord nicely allowing octave change for every note.

• Bass note would rock! ;)

@Navichord said:

@hisdudeness said:

Not exactly. In Navichord you can enter more than 3 notes and then adjust octave for each note. Up to 5 notes per chord. It can't do bass notes for now, but it will still treat you bass chord nicely allowing octave change for every note.

• I actually meant bass note I guess ...basically in a preset there is a bass note and three note chords.. when I edit .. the bass note disappear .. hence I have to adjust the entire pad preset .. since some have bass notes .. and some don’t.. I tried manually adding but it’s difficult to select chord circles with a bass note.. eg i want D DFA instead I get D ADF

• @hisdudeness said:
    I actually meant bass note I guess ...basically in a preset there is a bass note and three note chords.. when I edit .. the bass note disappear .. hence I have to adjust the entire pad preset .. since some have bass notes .. and some don’t.. I tried manually adding but it’s difficult to select chord circles with a bass note.. eg i want D DFA instead I get D ADF

Ah, you are talking about same note, different octaves. True, it doesn't work very well in that case.

• @Tickletiger said:
    Chordion is best for that, but get all three!!

What Tickletiger said.
    Exactly.

• ChordPolyPaddddd

• @Navichord << Not exactly. In Navichord you can enter more than 3 notes and then adjust octave for each note. Up to 5 notes per chord. It can't do bass notes for now, but it will still treat you bass chord nicely allowing octave change for every note.>>

the trouble is - currently ( and i've as you know - sent you much feedback on this ) if one has carefully set up some nice sounding voicing and inversions that go further than triads in a progression in NC- all it takes to lose all the hard work is to decide to transpose the chord. Then all the voicing info gets lost and the chord often jumps to a different octave range. Like shuffling of the cards.

For example I might want some fancy 4 note voicing of C major 7th - but then copy and paste that chord to another pad and then decide i want to transpose it up to E. When one changes the root using the root spin-dial all the voicing get scrambled and one has to set up the voicing laboriously all over again.