Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iOS midi effect apps

Hey
So I have reason on my laptop and really love using the player units and would like to take that concept using my iPad.
Is there anything like that that exists in iOS, scale filtering, chord generators, note delays etc?
Thx.

Comments

• edited March 2018

Yes, that's the idea of the effects slot in the midi lanes of Audiobus 3. There's not a complete collection yet, but there's an interesting collection of first wave utilities.

https://audiob.us/apps/midi/filter

It's worth taking a good look at StepPolyArp, it is one of the great midi apps in ios, and can play a couple roles as a midi effect- it could be set up to work as a midi delay, of sorts, or a key specific midi harmonizer/chord generator.

• @Processaurus said:
    Yes, that's the idea of the effects slot in the midi lanes of Audiobus 3. There's not a complete collection yet, but there's an interesting collection of first wave utilities.

https://audiob.us/apps/midi/filter

It's worth taking a good look at StepPolyArp, it is one of the great midi apps in ios, and can play a couple roles as a midi effect- it could be set up to work as a midi delay, of sorts, or a key specific midi harmonizer/chord generator.

Oh, cool thanks, I’m gonna go look into these!

• I wish there was a way to get the cool MidiFX in Quantum as AB3 Midi Effects. What say you, @midiSequencer? :)

• edited March 2018

@CracklePot said:
    I wish there was a way to get the cool MidiFX in Quantum as AB3 Midi Effects. What say you, @midiSequencer? :)

Should work - but there is a bug. Here is what you should do in AB3 midi page
    1) open Quantum in filter slot
    2) add a keyboard or any other midi app or device to Input slot
    3) in Q open Devices/Input & enable AB3 midi (its the only device you see). Enable midi thru.
    4) In Devices/Output enable AB3 midi
    5) Open Fx & add echo - enable it & do setup
    playing midi on the device should play through Q. But for now it just transposes - thats the bug.

will fix this for next update

but of course you want an app that just does this all when you open it ;)

• @midiSequencer said:

@CracklePot said:
    I wish there was a way to get the cool MidiFX in Quantum as AB3 Midi Effects. What say you, @midiSequencer? :)

Should work - but there is a bug. Here is what you should do in AB3 midi page
    1) open Quantum in filter slot
    2) add a keyboard or any other midi app or device to Input slot
    3) in Q open Devices/Input & enable AB3 midi (its the only device you see). Enable midi thru.
    4) In Devices/Output enable AB3 midi
    5) Open Fx & add echo - enable it & do setup
    playing midi on the device should play through Q. But for now it just transposes - thats the bug.

I didn't realize this at all. Very cool!

will fix this for next update

but of course you want an app that just does this all when you open it ;)

Yes please. :D Bet you do too though. If only you could buy a 26 hour day as an IAP in life.