Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

PSYREN: Casual webaudio noise-maker & visuals from Bolasol

Hi all!

Made this last week while doing research for a bigger WebAudio project:

PSYREN Synth

The voice is built around the classic psy-trance 'fart'. Saw wave sweeping down while bandpass filter sweeps up.

Once a voice has been triggered, dragging around is XY frequency/filter.

MIDI:
Note on messages are mapped with the number and velocity cooresponding to the XY touch point.
Mod wheel is mapped to the drag Y
Pitch bend is mapped to the drag X
CC91 is the effect mix.

Enjoy!

Comments

• Fun. Thinking I might try automating it to follow music and make a quickie YT vid. Ok with you, with attribution?

• @aaronpc said:
    Fun. Thinking I might try automating it to follow music and make a quickie YT vid. Ok with you, with attribution?

Absolutely! Please share if you make something.

• I've open-sourced PSYREN with the MIT License here: https://github.com/kbola/psyren

• Supercool! That was fun.

• Very nice, @KarlBolasol! Any chance we will see a solution for syncopation in Werkbench like you teased previously?

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    Very nice, @KarlBolasol! Any chance we will see a solution for syncopation in Werkbench like you teased previously?

Werkbench is still on the bench. Universal version is the next thing. It's working but it's still a pain to use on the iPhone 5. I've added probability triggers as well! Once I solve the UX issues around the tiny screen you'll see the next wave of features.

• @KarlBolasol said:

@lukesleepwalker said:
    Very nice, @KarlBolasol! Any chance we will see a solution for syncopation in Werkbench like you teased previously?

Werkbench is still on the bench. Universal version is the next thing. It's working but it's still a pain to use on the iPhone 5. I've added probability triggers as well! Once I solve the UX issues around the tiny screen you'll see the next wave of features.

I think you and I may be the only ones still using an iPhone 5, so don't worry about it too much. Excited about the new WB features.

• @KarlBolasol said:
    I've open-sourced PSYREN with the MIT License here: https://github.com/kbola/psyren

• @KarlBolasol said:
    Hi all!

Made this last week while doing research for a bigger WebAudio project:

PSYREN Synth

The voice is built around the classic psy-trance 'fart'. Saw wave sweeping down while bandpass filter sweeps up.

Once a voice has been triggered, dragging around is XY frequency/filter.

MIDI:
    Note on messages are mapped with the number and velocity cooresponding to the XY touch point.
    Mod wheel is mapped to the drag Y
    Pitch bend is mapped to the drag X
    CC91 is the effect mix.

Enjoy!

I’m having fun. This is great for kids, like me :smile:

• Very cool man. Thanks!

• @KarlBolasol Well, I up and did it This song matched up really well with your project, I think, so I decided to take it on this evening. Only took about an hour and a half to perform then edit in Premier, and I think it looks great. Thanks for the inadvertent nudge.

• edited March 2018

• A good start, sir. Once you add variance, and that vital input, you could probably sell this in the App Store.

• I'd forgotten about The Klangers until this :D