Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

FAC TRANSIENT Shaper by Fred Anton Corvest - NOW Available To Buy

Comments

• Subbed to your YT. Will try to post some comments on there later.

• @Samplemunch said:
    Wow, you just cant admit making completely nonsense statements right ?

@Audiojunkie said:
    Excellent app! I can use a set of loops that I have that were over processed and make them sound dry again! Awesome!!

Direct quote, utter nonsense.
    Then decide to pretend like you have a high horse to look down on people that point out you gave spurious information on a public forum.

But hey carry on, you only make yourself look sillier each time.

OK. It was never my intent to give "spurious" information. When I look at my statement,

"Excellent app! I can use a set of loops that I have that were over processed and make them sound dry again! Awesome!"

in the context that you've taken, it really does sound silly. I admit it. I'll repeat it again to be clear: I admit my fault.

In my defense (for what little it may be worth), what I was meaning by over processed, was referring directly to the reverb tails on the loops. I was referring to how well this app removes the reverb tails.

But then again, that's not what I said, now was it...

It is really tough on my ego, when I feel that I know quite a bit about the subject, and it takes quite a bit for me to swallow my pride and be humble enough to admit my faults. But here I am, on a public forum, and I admit that my wording was total rubbish.

My fear is that these comments will be interpreted as either total ignorance or deceit. Neither of which I feel was the case.

--Sean

• @Samu said:

@FredAntonCorvest said:

So early Release??? I think the current build is stable enough, I wanted to be sure to release something as stable as possible. Seems ok so maybe tomorrow or something :D...

Perfect, I'll be able to grab for my birthday on the 8th when everyone else focuses on the women...

EPIC :D :D :D

• @CracklePot said:
    @Audiojunkie I just try to glean anything relevant from the posts and try to ignore the condescending tone. I have disagreed with most of what @Samplemunch has posted, but I can also see there is no point in trying to argue with them.

Thanks for the kind words @CracklePot . But in this instance, @Samplemunch is correct. My wording was quite poor. Had I just kept it simple and focused upon the reverb tails, it would have been better. Good intent doesn't always translate to being correct. :smile:

• @Audiojunkie said:

@CracklePot said:
    @Audiojunkie I just try to glean anything relevant from the posts and try to ignore the condescending tone. I have disagreed with most of what @Samplemunch has posted, but I can also see there is no point in trying to argue with them.

Thanks for the kind words @CracklePot . But in this instance, @Samplemunch is correct. My wording was quite poor. Had I just kept it simple and focused upon the reverb tails, it would have been better. Good intent doesn't always translate to being correct. :smile:

See, you successfully filtered the info from the tone. B) It is good to be able to admit you are wrong. It is great to not give a shit about being wrong, and just learn and grow and move on. I love it when I find out something I had thought correct turns out to be incorrect, so I can integrate the new info and have a better overall understanding of things.

• @FredAntonCorvest said:

EPIC :D :D :D

I'm all in for equal rights but it's easy feel 'forgotten' thus I need something for comfort :D

• @CracklePot said:

@Audiojunkie said:

@CracklePot said:

See, you successfully filtered the info from the tone. B) It is good to be able to admit you are wrong. It is great to not give a shit about being wrong, and just learn and grow and move on. I love it when I find out something I had thought correct turns out to be incorrect, so I can integrate the new info and have a better overall understanding of things.

Thanks for the kind words! @CracklePot

@InfoCheck said:

@FredAntonCorvest said:

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@FredAntonCorvest said:
    Yesterday evening I had a lot of fun with some experiments in AUM including the great apps of @brambos and some of mine. So here you have the FAC Transient Trailer Video :)

Why do you have two Maximas with AUM gain in between? I do not understand what is going on there.

You should have noticed that those fxs are on final bus A. First instance of Maxima is used as “glue” for everything, then the gain (desactivated) and finally last instance of Maxima is only used as waveform viewer (see presets). The gain is only used when all th FAC fxs are bypassed... to brings things to equivalent level and so provide a better comparison before/after. Hope it helps.

Minor feedback for the information in documentation link you provided. Is “Treshold” supposed to be, “Threshold”? In the description you refer to “Duration” which presumably means adjustments using the knobs labeled, “TIME”.

Thank you for providing an in depth explanation of how the app will work.

Very appreciated!! I'll update the website. I've already fixed the typo in FAC Transient for the future beta build then I have to fix in FAC Maxima as well.

So early Release??? I think the current build is stable enough, I wanted to be sure to release something as stable as possible. Seems ok so maybe tomorrow or something :D...

euhhh and yes may I ask you a favour guys: could you please subscribe to my youTube channel and comment the teaser video? I'm not convinced by youTube (very low subscription) but I will keep posting videos about my apps.

As customer I thinks that this is very necessary to have at least a video and doc to watch and read, no ?

Website updated! Thank you again @InfoCheck !

Cool to have new subscribers, really appreciated!

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr has asked about why I've put a gain (disabled) between two FAC Maxima in the video and I've already explained why. Do you think the teaser is not clear regarding this point? Should I have to updated the description or it's ok??

...You should have noticed that those fxs are on final bus A. First instance of Maxima is used as “glue” for everything, then the gain (desactivated) and finally last instance of Maxima is only used as waveform viewer (see presets). The gain is only used when all th FAC fxs are bypassed... to brings things to equivalent level and so provide a better comparison before/after. Hope it helps....

• edited March 2018

Is it out yet? :)

• AFAIK, it's for Pre-Order currently.

• Aiiiiiiiieeeeee I've hit the "release the beast" button :#

Guys please also read my early message -> FredAntonCorvest 1:21PM Need your feedback :)

Aiiiiiiiieeeeee I've hit the "release the beast" button :#

Guys please also read my early message -> FredAntonCorvest 1:21PM Need your feedback :)

Thank you very much!

• @FredAntonCorvest Happily subscribed and commented. Hope our support helps you as much as you help us :)

• I’m not seeing it here in the US store. maybe it takes a little bit to populate. i did the pre- order. I can wait to try it out. thanks

• @eross. Yeah sometimes you have to keep checking, for some reason. I think things might get released regionally or something. But it will appear eventually. B)

• @CracklePot said:
    @eross. Yeah sometimes you have to keep checking, for some reason. I think things might get released regionally or something. But it will appear eventually. B)

awesome. thanks.

• @Beathoven said:
    @FredAntonCorvest Happily subscribed and commented. Hope our support helps you as much as you help us :)

Thx! ;)

Waiting the App Store update, I'm gonna be crazy :# :# :# :#

• same here. i keep checking every 5 minutes.

• Just... wow, that you had to apologise for saying processed rather than specifying what it was processed with... just wow. The internets really has arrived chez ab forum...

Thanks for releasing early @FredAntonCorvest I’m looking forward to shaping sounds in a communally acceptable vocabulary :)

• so I’m confused. I’m patiently waiting for this app. When you say it was released, does that mean it is ready for purchase, or still awaiting review in the app store? I’ve been checking the app store for several hours and still nothing? anyone else have any luck?

• @eross said:
    so I’m confused. I’m patiently waiting for this app. When you say it was released, does that mean it is ready for purchase, or still awaiting review in the app store? I’ve been checking the app store for several hours and still nothing? anyone else have any luck?

Status is: ready for sale :/

... same here - F5 key does not work anymore :)

• Could it be something to do with the preorder release date that states it’s expected on the 12th? If that date was already set for release, pressing the sale button might not have registered with the lovely folks at Apple.

• @Beathoven said:
    Could it be something to do with the preorder release date that states it’s expected on the 12th? If that date was already set for release, pressing the sale button might not have registered with the lovely folks at Apple.

when i type it in to itunes the store says preorder release date 12th. but when i look in my itunes account under pre order tab. it says release for today. very odd

• I just downloaded it

• Worth it just for the Kill the Room preset. Oooh those snares sound so tight and dead

• Just downloaded it too. It is in the Candian store

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @FredAntonCorvest Any consideration of offering a Bundle price someday for all yr fine apps?

• Ahh. So when you pre-order, you get a notification popup as soon as the app is available. I'm not like the rest of y'all. My idea of "constantly refreshing" is more like "eh. Maybe I'll check tonight when I get home from work if I think of it. But it was kind of nice to have that notification pop up as soon as it finally hit the US app store.

• @wim said:
    Ahh. So when you pre-order, you get a notification popup as soon as the app is available. I'm not like the rest of y'all. My idea of "constantly refreshing" is more like "eh. Maybe I'll check tonight when I get home from work if I think of it. But it was kind of nice to have that notification pop up as soon as it finally hit the US app store.

[edit - and it automatically installed too.]