Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Desert Island Synth

Comments

• @zeroG said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@zeroG said:
    Today I found the below thread from mid-2017, interestingly a number of folk allude to Poison-202’s versatility, so perhaps that’s one to shortlist after all. Also Micrologue gets a nod which is interesting (I’m a Cubasis user). Lastly no-one here has championed any Yonac synths - I did wonder about KASPAR as a sole synth but er maybe not? Anyway thanks for all the input, here’s the link to the thread I found: https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/19435/choosing-your-synth-app-only-one/p1

I had trouble including choosing only one Yonac in the 16 (Kauldron, a sort of update of Magellan, though Kaspar is pretty great. Kauldron got better notes here on the forum I think) all three are bread and butter/desert island candidates.

I wish I’d also mentioned Mood, incredibly versatile with its sample loading facility and its AUv3...but others mentioned it

Ah yes you did mention both Poison and Kauldron so fair play ... but then you did list 16 synths ;)

Love Magellan though I fear it will be abandoned in the not too distant future in favour of Yonac’s bright young things. Nowhere near as keen on Kauldron

Magellan is and has been very cool (especially with fx dried up) Kauldron I think got high marks here especially for the next level Spawn 2 functionality.... I’m into Kaspar, but for some reason post release response became tepid around here...

Yes 16, arbitrarily because that’s a subfolder’s page’s worth (and keeping the list to only 16 was really hard... :) )

• Which synth would be the best at efficiently creating lots of texture and dynamics, from the hardest hitting raw waveforms to really intricate stuff, efficiency being key? Didn’t get along with Zeeon for some reason

• @db909 said:
    Which synth would be the best at efficiently creating lots of texture and dynamics, from the hardest hitting raw waveforms to really intricate stuff, efficiency being key? Didn’t get along with Zeeon for some reason

Good question.
    Judges?

When I hear efficiency, I think of one-pagers, (or fewest possible page-ers) that are also versatile. If it’s AUv3...
    Lorentz
    Mood
    Viking

• @db909 said:
    Which synth would be the best at efficiently creating lots of texture and dynamics, from the hardest hitting raw waveforms to really intricate stuff, efficiency being key? Didn’t get along with Zeeon for some reason

Good question.
    Judges?

When I hear efficiency, I think of one-pagers, (or fewest possible page-ers) that are also versatile. If it’s AUv3...
    Lorentz
    Mood
    Viking

• @Littlewoodg said:

@zeroG said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@zeroG said:
    Today I found the below thread from mid-2017, interestingly a number of folk allude to Poison-202’s versatility, so perhaps that’s one to shortlist after all. Also Micrologue gets a nod which is interesting (I’m a Cubasis user). Lastly no-one here has championed any Yonac synths - I did wonder about KASPAR as a sole synth but er maybe not? Anyway thanks for all the input, here’s the link to the thread I found: https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/19435/choosing-your-synth-app-only-one/p1

I had trouble including choosing only one Yonac in the 16 (Kauldron, a sort of update of Magellan, though Kaspar is pretty great. Kauldron got better notes here on the forum I think) all three are bread and butter/desert island candidates.

I wish I’d also mentioned Mood, incredibly versatile with its sample loading facility and its AUv3...but others mentioned it

Ah yes you did mention both Poison and Kauldron so fair play ... but then you did list 16 synths ;)

Love Magellan though I fear it will be abandoned in the not too distant future in favour of Yonac’s bright young things. Nowhere near as keen on Kauldron

Magellan is and has been very cool (especially with fx dried up) Kauldron I think got high marks here especially for the next level Spawn 2 functionality.... I’m into Kaspar, but for some reason post release response became tepid around here...

Yes 16, arbitrarily because that’s a subfolder’s page’s worth (and keeping the list to only 16 was really hard... :) )

Kauldron sounds really good IMO with the fx switched off. I like the dirt of it and that it’s easy to program and yeah, Spawn2 is fun. Kasper has a lot going for it, I’m just not into it’s layout for making my own sounds.

• edited March 2018

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@zeroG said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@zeroG said:

Kauldron sounds really good IMO with the fx switched off. I like the dirt of it and that it’s easy to program and yeah, Spawn2 is fun. Kasper has a lot going for it, I’m just not into it’s layout for making my own sounds.

This thread is reheating my enthusiasm for the Yonacs, Kauldron especially.

Forgot to mention Redshrike for the efficiency query. That one is pretty badass for wild dynamics

• Magellan does have that double decker keyboard (or double decker ribbon) option that I so appreciate. I wish kauldron had that.

• Phosphor is simple, efficient, and great at pad textures. It’s not the most versatile synth, but what it does it does REALLY well.

• edited March 2018

Which desert island is it we’re supposed to be shipwrecked on? Elephant island?

I may reconsider my choice.

• Not my favorite (indeed, can't remember the last time I opened it) but I'd probably go with Thor as the single most versatile.

• I’d probably be productively occupied with only [ZMors Modular](zMors Modular by mobile only "ZMors Modular").

• @u0421793 said:
    I’d probably be productively occupied with only [ZMors Modular](zMors Modular by mobile only "ZMors Modular").

Good notion. I might have to change mine to Audulus 3. Or whichever synth can covert coconuts to fuel.

• @u0421793 said:
    I’d probably be productively occupied with only [ZMors Modular](zMors Modular by mobile only "ZMors Modular").

Desert island scenario for me would be perfect for modular.

• So when the battery runs out on this island... what then?

• @Kühl said:
    So when the battery runs out on this island... what then?

Gilligan will do something silly, we’ll all have a good laugh and momentarily forget about our problems :)

• OP1 is my desert island synth..

• tjatja
    edited March 2018

@mireko_2 said:
    OP1 is my desert island synth..

Cannot find something like OP1 in the App Store.
    A link maybe?

• @tja said:

@mireko_2 said:

Cannot something like OP1 in the App Store.
    A link maybe?

This OP1 thing raised my curiosity level too...
    Is it possible that a synth exists that I have not bought yet?
    My OCD level indicator is bursting

• edited March 2018

After i consider what i can use on my iPhone on iOS 11 and also after i revisited all my iOS synths, played my favorite presets, tweaked them and created a few new and for the kind of sounds i like to use i must say that TF8 is my favorite iOS synth at the moment.
    The pads and strings are really terrific and maybe the only really high quality sounding reverb in an iOS synth is what makes it for now.
    I do wish just creating presets on an iPhone would be more fun....

• edited March 2018

.> @Kühl said:

@tja said:

@mireko_2 said:

Cannot something like OP1 in the App Store.
    A link maybe?

This OP1 thing raised my curiosity level too...
    Is it possible that a synth exists that I have not bought yet?
    My OCD level indicator is bursting

@mireko_2 did you mean Triqtraq (see https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/22466/is-triqtraq-the-op-1-of-ios-or-is-it-the-digikat)

• Given a real desert island situation in which I only have one thing and that’s got to last the duration…
    I definitely won’t be taking a subtractive synth. They’re ten a penny and there’s very little to them overall.
    I’m having an FM synth with me – just one, but a good one. There’s plenty, on iOS and in the real realm, and if I were allowed a hardware one, I’d have my old SY77. If it were iOS only, any good combination of FM and resonant feedback modelling.

• Probably zeeon although I miss nanostudio ability to also sample sounds

• Every time I go back and play with Addictive Pro Im blown away with how it sounds. I think it would habe to be between this and Zeeon for me.

• @Panthemusicalgoat said:
    Probably zeeon although I miss nanostudio ability to also sample sounds

Mood has this feature...which now makes me feel I’ve neglected this gem

• edited March 2018

@Littlewoodg said:

@Panthemusicalgoat said:

Mood does samples? Ive never seen this demoed in any videos.

• @Panthemusicalgoat said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@Panthemusicalgoat said:

Yep.

• @Littlewoodg said:

@Panthemusicalgoat said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@Panthemusicalgoat said:

Yep.

iVCS3 as well! You can load two samples in (Channel 1 and 2).

ApeSoft are amazing. I wonder what they will brew up next?

• @gusgranite said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@Panthemusicalgoat said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@Panthemusicalgoat said:

Yep.

iVCS3 as well! You can load two samples in (Channel 1 and 2).

ApeSoft are amazing. I wonder what they will brew up next?

Indeed. I’m still catching up with what they’ve given us so far (slow learner, me).

• Appearently the sampled stuff isn't polyphonic tho?

• I.. I don't know. I'm currently trying to create a simple 8 voice detuned saw (A supersaw, as they say) with a filter... and I can't find anything. The next app I buy will be able to do this, but so far nothing seems to fit the bill. My current go-tos are failing: BitMask Scythe has great unison, but no filter. Thor has great filters, but no unison.

It's like, everything is close to Massive/Serum/Sylenth - but not quite. I really want to take the plunge on Zeeon or Layr... But no unison!

Poison202 has a supersaw oscillator option... But I don't want a preset supersaw, I want the basic functions you use to create a supersaw! Argh!

So for me, Thor. Unless someone here can recommend an app capable of unison and filters simultaneously!