Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Let’s guess what the next Bram Bos app will be?

Bram Bos has quite surprised me with his apps so far and I really look forward to what comes next, so.
Ok just for fun:

I think it will be something that uses a very visual way of making sound.

What do you think?

No prizes just bragging rights if you get it right lol

Comments

• I'd love to see a universal AU that is a visual Wave File player with simple volume/pan options. Adding one of these to each output track in AUM would give me the visual representation and automation that I would need to treat AUM as a complete DAW. :smile: Currently, AUM allows one to load and play a WAV file, but there is no visual representation or automation. I would sure love to see this! So, since we are playing the guess what the next.... game, I might as well put my wishes in. :wink:

• edited March 2018

A mirror app to confuse the AppStore Reviewers.

• NOTCH FILTER!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

• All pass filter

• Rozeta Roll & Control

• You could just ask him.
    And hopefully he'd say he was making a perfect wav editor/sampler AU.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    You could just ask him.

Like a Samplr 2 perhaps? Might be the only way we would ever get that. :/

• RuisSampler 16 pads, w/ full screen AUv3, MIDI out into the sequencer

• @gusgranite said:
    A mirror app to confuse the AppStore Reviewers.

Best comment!!!! +1
    Would love to see this too. Haha

• @mschenkel.it said:
    All pass filter

Jokes aside I could foresee in the suite pattern(albeit completely out of his creative endeavors) a visualization suite: spectrograph with both spectral and classic view, oscilloscope, meter with various options/units, phase meter. That is very much absent from iOS. I was just saying it was ‘needed’ but it is not, but it could really help.
    On second thought tho iOS is not exactly the best place for stand alone visualaisers since every host but AUM won’t let you have a au oscilloscope side by side with the tweaked soundsource

• An AU formant generator that creates random haiku's in tempo called VokalMaker?

• Loopy au or just a audio player, maybe a chord player keyboard to rozeta

• @Samu said:
    Maybe something that can speak?
    https://simulationcorner.net/index.php?page=sam

We already have our little buddy called Speak Unit, and he is an AU as well.

• @JudgeDredd said:

@Samu said:
    Maybe something that can speak?
    https://simulationcorner.net/index.php?page=sam

We already have our little buddy called Speak Unit, and he is an AU as well.

It's not proper SAM emulation :)

• I'd love to see a Rozeta AU piano roll sequencer because we could do with one of those, Rozeta Keys? :)

• AutoChord.

An addition to Rozetta (or IAP) which can listen to any other channel under AUM, detect the key and tempo, then via midi out play accompanying chords.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    You could just ask him.

Ooh! That would be NICE!

• @realdavidai said:
    RuisSampler 16 pads, w/ full screen AUv3, MIDI out into the sequencer

This would be really nice! We've got the Drum Synth AU, but not the Drum Sampler AU. :smile:

• @mschenkel.it said:

@mschenkel.it said:
    All pass filter

Jokes aside I could foresee in the suite pattern(albeit completely out of his creative endeavors) a visualization suite: spectrograph with both spectral and classic view, oscilloscope, meter with various options/units, phase meter. That is very much absent from iOS. I was just saying it was ‘needed’ but it is not, but it could really help.
    On second thought tho iOS is not exactly the best place for stand alone visualaisers since every host but AUM won’t let you have a au oscilloscope side by side with the tweaked soundsource

I would love this too!

• @Carnbot said:
    I'd love to see a Rozeta AU piano roll sequencer because we could do with one of those, Rozeta Keys? :)

I would love this one as well!
    There are a lot of great ideas here!!

• Astronaut
    Input and tapeloop replaced with wet/dry.
    Same 4 taps but with extra small settings added for Chorus/Flange/Phase.
    Filters changed to a selectable effect, only on the wet, not in the Feedback path, effects include.......
    Degrade
    Resonant LP with synced LFO.
    Resonant HP with synced LFO.
    Spatialize.
    First preset called "Ohmboyz my ass!!!"

• Greengrocer

Bad typography, all punctuation is incorrect, with unnecessary apostrophe’s.

• @Carnbot said:
    I'd love to see a Rozeta AU piano roll sequencer because we could do with one of those, Rozeta Keys? :)

+1 for rozeta keys, this would make modular play in aum complete!
    Sorry for insisting Bram B :)

• Aeronaut-The Zeppelin Simulator Game

• tjatja
    edited March 2018

Just let Bram Bos (Rozeta, etc.), Anthony Saunders (Quantum) and Sevens Systems (Xequence) get together and cook something like "BeatBasisStudio Pro" :) B) :p

BeatMaker
    CuBasis
    NanoStudio
    Auria Pro

All three developers are incredible capable and fast!

And of course, there are more, like Dmitry Klochkov (ChordFlow), ...

• edited March 2018

I spoke to Bram earlier and he confirmed that the next release is:

SndwchMaker

• Gentital Expander

• I heard it’s an app that converts IAA apps to AU.