Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Recommend any app which does decent job of detecting chords from audio?

Can someone recommend any app which does decent job of detecting chords from audio?

Comments

• Music Memos

• Yamaha Chord Tracker is the one I see mentioned the most, and it's a free app. Here is an old thread with a few other recommendations:

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/11111/note-chord-detection-app

There's also What Chord: http://audiob.us/get/899/What-Chord

• tried yamaha tracker earlier, does not allow you download songs from files, only itunes

• Neat. The Yamaha app works great to get started anyway.

• @hisdudeness I have no suggestions beyond the few already mentioned, but would like to know what you finally decide on, and if you think it is good and useful. Hope you find a good one. :)

• Chordec was once free but it's re-released and is now $2,99.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/chordec/id649000766?mt=8

• @Proto said:
    Chordec was once free but it's re-released and is now $2,99.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/chordec/id649000766?mt=8

Does not work on iOS 11

• @CracklePot said:
    @hisdudeness I have no suggestions beyond the few already mentioned, but would like to know what you finally decide on, and if you think it is good and useful. Hope you find a good one. :)

Capo touch had my interest .. but found it too expensive.. yearly subscription..

Chord pickout had some bad reviews...

Finally decided to take the harder route .. for this one song I wanted to transcribe..

Used a combination of AudioStretch and ChordPolyPad ..to input notes displayed on AS.. with great results .. but took awhile ...

• @hisdudeness said:

@CracklePot said:
    @hisdudeness I have no suggestions beyond the few already mentioned, but would like to know what you finally decide on, and if you think it is good and useful. Hope you find a good one. :)

Capo touch had my interest .. but found it too expensive.. yearly subscription..

Finally decided to take the harder route .. for this one song I wanted to transcribe..

Used a combination of AudioStretch and ChordPolyPad ..to input notes displayed on AS.. with great results .. but took awhile ...

That’s right. I forgot all about AudioStretch and the note display. When using it before to transpose some clips, I remember noticing that it had surprisingly accurate pitch detection, and that I should use it if the need had ever arisen. Great tip, thanks! :)

• @CracklePot said:

@hisdudeness said:

@CracklePot said:

That’s right. I forgot all about AudioStretch and the note display. When using it before to transpose some clips, I remember noticing that it had surprisingly accurate pitch detection, and that I should use it if the need had ever arisen. Great tip, thanks! :)

Yes but use iPad .. to small on iPhone to decipher...