Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Elastic FX is now Universal (iPhone & iPad) and got lot's of new features

I am happy to announce that Elastic FX update 1.1 is finally out !! :)

This is the new stuff:

• Now for iPhone also ... UNIVERSAL: buy once and get it for iPhone & iPad
  • New vintage Tremolo and Vibrato effect
  • New Repeater and Chunk distortion effect
  • Reworked all demo presets. They now all come with an audio file to get an immediate idea about the possibilities
  • Demo (Mode) button for presets: InputSource and a chosen Audiofile get restored by a preset now, but you can switch this behavior off
  • New „touchMode“ function, that enables the effect on TouchDown and disables the effect on TouchUp (similar to a Kaoss Pad)
  • TouchMode is also recordable
  • Delete Automations via the Automate submenu (Longtap Automate circle)

See 2 video's that introduce the new features of Elastic Drums

Quick Introduction:

Longer video by Doug:

Now bomb me with asking for AUv3 ;)

• Short answer is: It's not in there yet
  • Long answer is: I see the benefits of AUv3, but Elastic FX started as a standalone app rather, than a plugin app. I want to use it with external hardware, real instruments, hardware synths, guitars, etc. You can use it in your DAW of choice via Audiobus and InterApp-Audio, but not yet with AudioUnits. I want to offer this too, but I don't know yet, how long that will take ...

Comments

• Thank you! This update looks pretty boss. Many new features that I can’t wait to check out. This is my favorite FX toy box on iOS. :)

• iPhone only user here: THANK YOU!

• Works great on my iPhone 5c, liking the new fx..thanks for the update!

• Thanks for supporting iPhone!!!!

• @elasticdrums said:
    Elastic FX started as a standalone app rather, than a plugin app. I want to use it with external hardware, real instruments, hardware synths, guitars, etc.

Just out of interest, what gave you the impression that any of the above couldn't be done with an AUv3 ?
    No bones at all on you making it AUv3 by the way, I dont care one bit, but the statement seemed completely wrong ?

• @Samplemunch said:

@elasticdrums said:
    Elastic FX started as a standalone app rather, than a plugin app. I want to use it with external hardware, real instruments, hardware synths, guitars, etc.

Just out of interest, what gave you the impression that any of the above couldn't be done with an AUv3 ?
    No bones at all on you making it AUv3 by the way, I dont care one bit, but the statement seemed completely wrong ?

I was not saying that this is not possible with AUv3, just were my starting point was. You need another 3rd graphic layout for AUv3, not to speak about the technical issues coming with that

• im coining a new term: “AU shaming” lol

• @db909 said:
    im coining a new term: “AU shaming” lol

+1

• AU would be great, but I appreciate the update, it’s a great app.

• @MonzoPro said:
    AU would be great, but I appreciate the update, it’s a great app.

+1

• Thank You Thank You Thank You @elasticdrums

• Cheers, Oli, and congrats on the release. :+1:

• edited March 2018

AU would be nice but it's a great app and one of my exceptions for trying to be AU only.

And thank you for making universal!

• @Proppa said:
    Thank You Thank You Thank You @elasticdrums

:)

• @elasticdrums said:

@Proppa said:
    Thank You Thank You Thank You @elasticdrums

:)

Ha! <3

• I own Elastic FX and is installed on my iPad, how do I install it on my iPhone. When I try it wants to charge me to buy it again? Thanks.

• @dhans said:
    I own Elastic FX and is installed on my iPad, how do I install it on my iPhone. When I try it wants to charge me to buy it again? Thanks.

On your iPhone, check your purchased apps and see if you can download it from there. Should have the cloud icon when you check on your phone.

• @dhans said:
    I own Elastic FX and is installed on my iPad, how do I install it on my iPhone. When I try it wants to charge me to buy it again? Thanks.

I did the same. Clicked the button to buy, but after I entered my password it gave it to me for free. Strange process Apple has here.

• @CracklePot said:

@dhans said:

On your iPhone, check your purchased apps and see if you can download it from there. Should have the cloud icon when you check on your phone.

Thank you sir. I tried that before and it was not there but now it is and worked fine. Thanks again you guys are great!!!!

• Nice one, it’s my go to for multiple fx mangling.

No stress on the AU, if it comes it comes, I bought it for immediate utility.

• @DCJ said:

@dhans said:

I did the same. Clicked the button to buy, but after I entered my password it gave it to me for free. Strange process Apple has here.

Yes, that's confusing a lot of people, even myself. I think the "problem" is, that your device does not know which apps you have purchased without connecting iTunes.
    So when you press the buy button, it connects iTunes and gets the data of the purchased apps, seeing, that you already purchased this app on another device and you get it for free then ... Apple should really think how to make it less confusing

• @CracklePot said:

@dhans said:

This is interesting, I didn't even know about that ... where can I see my purchased apps? In the Apps store? Where?

• If you tap the head silhouette in the upper right you will go to your Account page and there is a Puchased tab that will show all the apps you e purchased or all the apps you’ve purchased but are not on the device.

• And..... I just picked up Elastic FX!

• @elasticdrums said:

@CracklePot said:

@dhans said:

This is interesting, I didn't even know about that ... where can I see my purchased apps? In the Apps store? Where?

On any tab except Search, you will see a person icon in the upper right area. Click that to go to your account profile, and you will see an item called Purchased. In there you find your purchased apps list, with search, and all/not on my device sorting. :)

• edited March 2018

Hell, you are right, I never use this yet, kind of hidden!

Looks like that:

@noisefan: Good choice ;) Hopefully ... Have fun!

• Great that this is now universal.

Anyone know if you can midi assign some/all of the controls?

(I’m thinking of using it with KFT - sending KFTs audio to it, but staying in KFT and assigning some KFT buttons to control it via midi).

• Vintage Tremolo Vibrato and Repeater? Does Sonic Boom of Spacemen 3 know about this??? Seems right up that particular strasse

• @Matt_Fletcher_2000 You can midi learn the X position, Y position, on/off and wet/dry for each of the 4 fx blocks. It's a fast and easy setup.

The new kaoss pad touch behaviour is a great addition. Combining static effects with more dramatic stuff in touch mode is bringing me joy!

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:
    @Matt_Fletcher_2000 You can midi learn the X position, Y position, on/off and wet/dry for each of the 4 fx blocks. It's a fast and easy setup.

The new kaoss pad touch behaviour is a great addition. Combining static effects with more dramatic stuff in touch mode is bringing me joy!

I wondered about the midi, but never got around to investigating further. I can’t help but lose focus once I start up this app. I intend to check something out, and then I see something and can’t resist seeing what it does, while forgetting my original intent.
    Now that I know it can be done, I will be trying the midi control later. :)