Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Shout out to Jonatan of Kymatica!

Hi

I just wanted to give a public shout out to Jonatan Liljedahl of Kymatica ( @j_liljedahl ) for the amazing personal customer support I received today!

I was trying to import a Cubasis project that Doug @thesoundtestroom had sent me (for finishing off the final track of our latest album actually). Doug and I always use Dropbox but we don't often send whole projects to each other. I imported the zipped project into Audioshare fine and then I did what I have always done: select the zipped file, say NO to unzipping it and then pressing the Open In button.

Normally a small list of apps, including Cubasis, opens and I can select Cubasis and the zipped file magically appears in the list of available projects in Cubasis. However, this time when I pressed the Open In button nothing happened! I tried importing one of my own Cubasis projects but I could not get any response from Open In!

So, I did something I have never done before: I pressed the i (information) button in the top left of Audioshare, really just to check the version I was using but I saw there was a Report a Problem button. So I selected that, wrote an email describing my problem and off it went to Kymatica Support (at 12:30pm UK time).

What I didn't expect was a response directly from Jonatan at 12:35pm saying he had seen this problem and it was a bug with iOS 11 rather than Audioshare itself. He suggested re-booting my iPad (why didn't I think of that?!). I did and lo and behold I was able to get the Cubasis project into Cubasis!

Not only does he produce top notch essential apps, he provides amazing customer support!

So thanks again @j_liljedahl :smile:

Comments

• Yeah, I emailed him and got a response within 48 hrs.

• No argument here. :)

• Totally agree, great products and great support :)

• No question. B)

• CULT!

(or which I am a devoted member etc etc)

• Legend in the scene :)

• There's so much wrong with the world in general, until we remember there are people like Jonatan. Amen and amen.

• Top quality developer, essential apps.

• Top geezer, top apps.

• Yes, all of the above, brilliant developer and for me totally essential apps

• Massive respect

• Also behind the scenes he's one of the most helpful and knowledgeable developers I know. Always willing to share knowledge and insights.

• Wow, thank you all! :)

I do my best to respond quickly to user supports. If I'm not at work (weekends, etc) it might go a couple of days. Sometimes I find old forgotten emails that somehow sunk down the list of new mails in my inbox and never got answered. Sorry about that. If anyone is still waiting for a response after a week or so, please send me another mail!

It will be interesting to see how to handle user support in the future, considering my apps are getting new users every day, but I'm still a one-man company.. :)

• @j_liljedahl said:
    Wow, thank you all! :)

I do my best to respond quickly to user supports. If I'm not at work (weekends, etc) it might go a couple of days. Sometimes I find old forgotten emails that somehow sunk down the list of new mails in my inbox and never got answered. Sorry about that. If anyone is still waiting for a response after a week or so, please send me another mail!

It will be interesting to see how to handle user support in the future, considering my apps are getting new users every day, but I'm still a one-man company.. :)

I need to check out your forum more often. Honestly, I mostly just hang here, but I will try to check out your forum more often and maybe help with questions there as well.

• @brambos said:
    Also behind the scenes he's one of the most helpful and knowledgeable developers I know. Always willing to share knowledge and insights.

Why am I not surprised at this.

• All the aforementioned is spot on. I’ll add that what could have been considered a trivial user ignorance question (it was) was responded to quickly and without judgement. Service after the sale is no small thing.

• @j_liljedahl email is a horrible system for support isn’t it? If you are the only service ‘agent’ then I recommend trying out a free service desk: https://blog.capterra.com/the-7-best-free-help-desk-software-tools/

• edited March 2018

I had some unanswered queries in the past ..looks like I need to post all my queries here.. but that having said his apps are rock solid .. never had them go rouge .. AudioShare is my fave .. love all the AUFX apps.... i would have loved a gating app in the series .. the gate on push is not effective/transparent....even aum since it’s launch was virtually bugfree.. compare that to some recent buggy daw releases .. hmmm

• @hisdudeness said:
    I had some unanswered queries in the past ..looks like I need to post all my queries here.. but that having said his apps are rock solid .. never had them go rouge .. AudioShare is my fave .. love all the AUFX apps.... i would have loved a gating app in the series .. the gate on push is not effective/transparent....even aum since it’s launch was virtually bugfree.. compare that to some recent buggy daw releases .. hmmm

Did you try the Kymatica forum?

• No .. only emails .. maybe I’ll try in future

• @hisdudeness said:
    No .. only emails .. maybe I’ll try in future

That’s what I did. He answered right away.

• Jonatan is a Rock Star! I hope someday he’ll add time stretching to the file player in AUM.

• I'm chiming in as well! Jonatan is awesome!! I love his apps, and he's a top notch individual as well! :smiley:

• Jonatan takes dude-age-ness to the next level of dude-age! ;) Love all his apps!! <3 :)

• A wild thought...
    SECTOR as module in miRack.
    @j_liljedahl is into diy modular :)

• mucho respect is due. sans Audioshare, Aum, Sector, etc, iOS just wouldn't be the same

• I didn't even email him and got a very helpful response out of the blue. ;)

• Essential..

• I hardly ever use my iPad without opening AUM.
    Its the start of something magical (sometimes just unusual)
    Thank you AppMaker Extraordinaire J Lila