Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Kosmonaut - Space Explorer | Finally LIVE!

After a leeeeeengthy review process, I'm happy to say that I have now launched my Kosmonaut into the App Space!

Here's the custom Soundtestroom link if you feel like supporting our dear friend Doug: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/kosmonaut/id1351237773?=1&mt=8&uo=4&at=1l3voJz

I had to add a standalone IAA/AB3 version to get the app past review. I recommend using AUv3 though as there are no advantages to using standalone and it could use some polish (it's really bare-bones).

Here's an iPhone screenshot - don't worry; Kosmonaut is fully universal :)

Comments

• Got it just now. Thank you Bram for all your hard work. Also providing Doug’s link is top notch.

Now to go play.

• Dude, so cheap! Thank you for this. It’s going to be great. :)

• Grabbed instantly, via the Doug link above.

• @Zen210507 said:
    Grabbed instantly, via the Doug link above.

Same here.

Now I wonder what I'll get for my birthday on the 8th?!(I might even go crazy and get an iPhone 8).
    2 candidates await arrival to the AppStore, VOLT & FAC Transient...

• Snagged,

Custom time scale per tap a nice touch, presets great (listening to Patterning through Kessel Run in AUM right now ... will need a while to work that out but it sounds good), Sound On Sound inspired (can I control this via CC? Next thing to check ...). All hail a Random that doesn't suck 80% of the time.

Top job as ever.

• Done a quick little demo of this awesome piece of art. Very quick.

• @Samu said:

@Zen210507 said:
    Grabbed instantly, via the Doug link above.

Same here.

Now I wonder what I'll get for my birthday on the 8th?!(I might even go crazy and get an iPhone 8).
    2 candidates await arrival to the AppStore, VOLT & FAC Transient...

Sorry, what is VOLT?

• @CracklePot said:

Sorry, what is VOLT?

It's a new synth from Kai Aras. Doug did a demo on it a few days ago.

• @Samu said:

@CracklePot said:

Sorry, what is VOLT?

It's a new synth from Kai Aras. Doug did a demo on it a few days ago.

Ah that’s right, the one with great MPE support. I had forgotten the name. Thank you. B)

• One observation almost too trivial to note, changing the preset in Cubasis from the host menu (been hunting for automation options) does not reflect in the plug in. Other than that rock solid.

• As a russian speaker, the script is quite confusing.
    What u used for “u” is russian “tz”
    What is “A” is russian “D”
    What is ‘R’ is russian “ ja”
    Just imagine

• loving the tape looper

• @yonhorizon said:
    As a russian speaker, the script is quite confusing.
    What u used for “u” is russian “tz”
    What is “A” is russian “D”
    What is ‘R’ is russian “ ja”
    Just imagine

I know.. it's just a bit of fun :) Initially I planned to do a bilingual UI (EN/RU) but it became too cluttered.

• @TheVimFuego said:
    One observation almost too trivial to note, changing the preset in Cubasis from the host menu (been hunting for automation options) does not reflect in the plug in. Other than that rock solid.

AUv3tomation in Cubasis is a bit tricky as one needs to enable the W button and tweak the knobs.
    Sadly there is no way to 'browse' for AUv3 parameters in Cubasis and select which one to automate.

In order to enable the automation lane for a parameter at least one value has to be added with the W enabled.
    I've not found a way to 'toggle' between line & step mode...

Hopefully this will be streamlined in future Cubasis update and work the same way as it does for Midi CC.
    (Ie. just browse the list of available parameters and draw some lines).

• Well that’s one of the best £3.99 I’ve ever spent!

• @brambos said:

@Samu said:
    AUv3tomation

Is it good or bad?! ;)

• @Samu said:

@TheVimFuego said:
    One observation almost too trivial to note, changing the preset in Cubasis from the host menu (been hunting for automation options) does not reflect in the plug in. Other than that rock solid.

AUv3tomation in Cubasis is a bit tricky as one needs to enable the W button and tweak the knobs.
    Sadly there is no way to 'browse' for AUv3 parameters in Cubasis and select which one to automate.

In order to enable the automation lane for a parameter at least one value has to be added with the W enabled.

Hopefully this will be streamlined in future Cubasis update and work the same way as it does for Midi CC.

Thanks very much for the clarification, I don't usually dive too deep into Cubasis automation but this effect has me interested.

Back to the tweaking ... been getting some great rhythms going just messing around with a few loops and this thing.

• Bought. Thanks for continuing to support those of us with notches upon thars.

Looks beautiful too.

• loving the tape looper

• @Samu said:

@TheVimFuego said:

well call me Maverick ( or Mavis )
    actually I prefer this method of automation 'reveal' . just press W do a little wiggle and yr lane is there.. this is how Gadget did it initially and then a lot of people whinged and they changed it so now you have to scroll through a long list of parameters to find the ONE knob you have actually automated.. a clever scheme scuppered by short sighted consensus. hope Steinberg stick to their guns ( or maybe have more interesting things to implement in Cubasis and leave as is )
    I always prefer to perform my automations anyway. drawing mostly seems useful for fine tune editing OR maybe very long gradual slope developments of a parameter. ymmv.

• anyway, this is about the Kosmonaut.. must be off to the shops to purchase said beastie.

• This is probably the first time I've bought an app without seeing a video or hearing a proper demo - the fact that it's by Brambos is all I need to know. Even if I didn't want it, I'd still get it just to support him and Doug.

• You had me at ‘tape looper’.

• edited March 2018

I made another quick demo now that it's live.

You can get KOSMONAUT here at the App Store
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/kosmonaut/id1351237773?mt=8&uo=4&at=1l3voJz

• Purchased too, what a great price as well!

• @Monoboy said:
    Purchased too, what a great price as well!

>

Yeah, exactly. Never any issue with Brambos apps.

• I like sending an instrument with kosmonaut to a mix bus with another instance on it ... :]

• Pleasantly surprised to see it on iPhone, too! Shame about the added work to create a standalone version, but on the upside, I’ll almost certainly open it by accident.

AU is the second menu selection in AUM when you’re launching an instrument, but the first when you’re launching an effect. It messes me up every time.

• It sounds freaking fantastic!
    I would have paid double or even triple the price.
    Brambos = MVP