Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT: best VPN for ipad while in China?

Moving to work in China in August and wanted to still get access to my UK appstore account. Any recomendations on a reliable VPN app?
Cheers.
DB

Comments

• Better, first make sure, that using one does not get you into jail ;)

• https://greycoder.com/best-vpn-china/
    TunnelBear, is my fave, but in China, is sketchy apparently...

• @tja said:
    Better, first make sure, that using one does not get you into jail ;)

Yes, I sorta doubt you'd get to hold on to your ipad and play the latest cool new apps in chinese prison.

• ExpressVPN is pretty good. I used it in Beijing for about three years and generally had good luck with it. Some times I had to try three or four different servers before one would work and often it wasn't their "recommended" one. You would need to use one of there U.K. Servers to get to the U.K. App Store. I got it through their website as opposed to the App Store.

Which city are you going to?

• Oh, I forgot to mention - don't try using the VPN on your Chinese phone (Chinese ph #) using 4G ( or 3G or any data plan). Generally they look the other way when foreigners have VPNs, but with cell phones they are more particular.

• @MrNezumi
    Im going to be working in Changshu just close to Shanghai.
    My workplace pays for VPN as its a school but wanted my own as a backup.
    As for cell phones, i was told ‘wechat’ does most things.
    Thanks for responding.
    I doubt you go to jail for using a VPN as its not illegal yet :wink:

• @dblonde said:
    @MrNezumi
    Im going to be working in Changshu just close to Shanghai.
    My workplace pays for VPN as its a school but wanted my own as a backup.
    As for cell phones, i was told ‘wechat’ does most things.
    Thanks for responding.
    I doubt you go to jail for using a VPN as its not illegal yet :wink:

In Dubai it's literally a jail sentence if caught. So I'd really be 100% sure if I was you.

• If you get a chance travel to yangshuo around guilin. That place is sooo beautiful

• @dblonde - What is legal and illegal in China is often immaterial. Do not make the mistake of using your U.K. experience as a reference. The private use of VPNs is a legal grey area. Keep your ear to the ground and trust no one.

As for WeChat - it is ubiquitous in China. It is a great app in many ways, but be aware that the government keeps a close eye on it, it gets censored, and it is one of the few apps that (an update) made it into the iOS ecosystem with a virus. I refused to put it on my phone and that caused some difficulties for me because it is a major form of communication there. Many of my friends used it with no problems, but I always felt uneasy about it.

Also, make sure your laptop has super tight virus protection and do not let your students put flash drives into your USB slots.

I've never been to Changsu, but I've been to Shanghai on business a few times and to Suzhou to visit family.

Which school will you be at?

• @MrNezumi
    I will be at UWC Changshu.
    Thanks for the info. I will ask my future colleagues their take on it all. I will be sure to visit the places mentioned.
    Thanks to all that responded its appreciated.