Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

NEO SOUL KEYS STUDO - My Favourite Electric Piano & Why

The why is obvious really, I think it’s just epic in every way and such a joy to play

Comments

• The absolute best!

• I heartily concur, a truly amazing and inspiring application

• Thank you for that wonderful concert Doug! It’s always such a pleasure to watch you play and have such fun doing it. I have all of these Major power apps but I lack the raw talent to play that you naturally have. Keep up the awesome top job! Cheers, Elektrik Diva

• The ‘why’ really is obvious. It’s head and shoulders above anything else, especially in iOS. I really can’t imagine an emulator getting any better.

• Wonderful demo - thanks!

• Aww man, you totally bailed on getting somethin awesome going at 6:20-6:30

• @ElektrikDiva said:
    I have all of these Major power apps but I lack the raw talent to play that you naturally have.

>

My problem, also. :'( But always nice to see how it should be done, and what is possible with IOS apps.

• My new year's resolution was to learn the piano properly. I've made some progress, but I'm a few years away from Doug's level (in fact I'll probably never reach Doug's level). On the whole it seems to be easier to pick up than the guitar was, however I think the main hurdle is going to be getting two-handed independence, that's one of those things that makes my brain hurt.

• @richardyot said:
    My new year's resolution was to learn the piano properly. I've made some progress, but I'm a few years away from Doug's level (in fact I'll probably never reach Doug's level). On the whole it seems to be easier to pick up than the guitar was, however I think the main hurdle is going to be getting two-handed independence, that's one of those things that makes my brain hurt.

I've been learning to play piano for years! It's the two handed thing that is the hardest part for sure...

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@richardyot said:
    My new year's resolution was to learn the piano properly. I've made some progress, but I'm a few years away from Doug's level (in fact I'll probably never reach Doug's level). On the whole it seems to be easier to pick up than the guitar was, however I think the main hurdle is going to be getting two-handed independence, that's one of those things that makes my brain hurt.

I've been learning to play piano for years! It's the two handed thing that is the hardest part for sure...

And the other trick is developing and maintaining the neural pathway that allows both hands to glide across a keyboard seamlessly while having fun :)

• Guys, the Udemy 30 hr piano course is only $10 USD. Also the piano handbook by Carl Humphries is the best book out there for self teaching .

• I’m a drummer so I started late but I can play well enough to get my ideas out .

• @Arpseechord said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@richardyot said:

And the other trick is developing and maintaining the neural pathway that allows both hands to glide across a keyboard seamlessly while having fun :)

That's another one!

• @Telstar5 said:
    Guys, the Udemy 30 hr piano course is only $10 USD. Also the piano handbook by Carl Humphries is the best book out there for self teaching .

Yeah I've got the Udemy course, slowly making my way through it. Best thing about it is that you can use it to learn a whole bunch of songs (in simplified form) really quickly.

Bill Hilton on YouTube seems really good as well. Otherwise just looking up videos on YT on how to play specific songs such as Let It Be or Imagine, both of which are easy enough for beginners. Currently learning the Twin Peaks theme tune, and I also try and improvise as much as I can as way of exploring and learning.

• ...please please please make an universal Version for iPhone!!!...would be so cute cooolll...would pay extra for that...

• @Zen210507 said:

@ElektrikDiva said:
    I have all of these Major power apps but I lack the raw talent to play that you naturally have.

>

My problem, also. :'( But always nice to see how it should be done, and what is possible with IOS apps

Totally agree with you there Zen!!

• Bill Hinton IS good...

• But the best method if you’re a complete beginner is the Carl Humphries or the Udemy .

• edited March 2018

This guy’s videos (Rick Hartigan) s are some of the best if you're intermediate. Also Amy Nolte