Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Any iOS YT player that works in the background?

ProTube used to, but not now. I just want to play with backing tracks and be able to change guitar tones.

Comments

• Amplifind does a lot of services and has interapp audio

• Tubextreme too :)

• Let me just say the biggest scam on iOS is the lack of YouTube backgrounding

• Yes, the original YouTube is nearly useless.

Not playing in background.
    Not playing as slide over (picture in picture?) as most other video apps can.

• Thanks all. I’ll check those out. Note that I found another...MusicTube, but I do want to see what the others have to offer.

• I use my iPad for music creating, so I just play YouTube on my phone at the same time for Background Audio.

• @alecsbuga said:
    Amplifind does a lot of services and has interapp audio

IAA...? You can host it in Cubasis, Aum, BM3 etc?

• edited March 2018

@AudioGus said:

@alecsbuga said:
    Amplifind does a lot of services and has interapp audio

IAA...? You can host it in Cubasis, Aum, BM3 etc?

I've just tried it and the output is disabled for YouTube.

If you play from your local library files or Spotify it's fine.

I originally got it expecting YouTube to work but kept it for Spotify.

• @CracklePot said:
    I use my iPad for music creating, so I just play YouTube on my phone at the same time for Background Audio.

Same, and it’s a simple solution, but it’s the principle of the thing to me (YT not offering backgrounding unless you pay for Red even though iPad is not so far off from a laptop computer).

I scoff at a lot of users’ app complaints on here when there is almost always an easy work-around that might require a little effort on the user side, but the YT non-backgrounding infuriates me.

• Oh, and I’ll add that the free and excellent Dolphin browser (also great for long-click ‘save as’ for downloading files) has a workaround. Open a YouTube link from it and background it. It will stop, but you can then swipe up to the music transport from control center, hit play, and voila. Great for putting on full albums.

• @oat_phipps said:
    Oh, and I’ll add that the free and excellent Dolphin browser (also great for long-click ‘save as’ for downloading files) has a workaround. Open a YouTube link from it and background it. It will stop, but you can then swipe up to the music transport from control center, hit play, and voila. Great for putting on full albums.

Dang, that’s a great tip! Thank you! (and don’t nobody goin tell Apple, now). :)

• @oat_phipps said:
    Oh, and I’ll add that the free and excellent Dolphin browser (also great for long-click ‘save as’ for downloading files) has a workaround. Open a YouTube link from it and background it. It will stop, but you can then swipe up to the music transport from control center, hit play, and voila. Great for putting on full albums.

Very nice on both counts! Thanks for that!

• I’d add that the Dolphin gestures are very cool too. Draw a quick symbol and I’m in guitar backing tracks within YouTube.

• It disables the sound when using YouTube red? If so, that sucks

• edited March 2018

I just discovered a weird quirk. Play the link below. Once it’s playing, minimize Safari. The music stops, per usual.

Now, play the link and maximize the YouTube window, so it is full screen. Now when the music is playing and full screen, minimize Safari. Music keeps playing. Kinda cool, but if you try to access YouTube directly in Safari, the trick doesn’t work. It only seems to work with linked videos in full screen mode.

• edited March 2018

You should click Desktop version of YouTube site in your browser for it to work in the background (no need to go full screen). Play a video, background your browser (playback stops), swipe up the Control Center and tap Play. You can even turn off your device and it keeps playing in the background! The default Mobile version of the site doesn't work in the background.

• To my total confusion and surprise, Safari with the YouTube page in Desktop mode and playing full screen turns into a nice floating picture-in-picture view!!!

I am happy.

Thanks for this

• @powerobject said:
    You should click Desktop version of YouTube site in your browser for it to work in the background (no need to go full screen). Play a video, background your browser (playback stops), swipe up the Control Center and tap Play. You can even turn off your device and it keeps playing in the background! The default Mobile version of the site doesn't work in the background.

@tja said:
    To my total confusion and surprise, Safari with the YouTube page in Desktop mode and playing full screen turns into a nice floating picture-in-picture view!!!

I am happy.

Thanks for this

Yeah! Both of these are working for me, too. I have to full screen or pic in pic, but either way works. I hope the Desktop version blocks the freakin’ ads, too. B)

• edited March 2018

Let's consider that a bonus feature (glitch) in iOS that we should never make Apple aware of - Husshhhh!
    Some bugs are actually good for users. LOL :smiley:

• @tja said:
    To my total confusion and surprise, Safari with the YouTube page in Desktop mode and playing full screen turns into a nice floating picture-in-picture view!!!

I am happy.

Thanks for this

Bro, welcome to iOS 10! :lol: Seriously, though. I love this feature and use it all the time, ipad is so much more useful

• @tja said:

I am happy.

Thanks for this

what does this mean?

• @kobamoto said:

@tja said:

I am happy.

Thanks for this

what does this mean?

I do not understand.

What does what exactly mean?

I wrote, how I got the floating picture-in-picture view for YouTube - which was new to me.

• @kobamoto When you are in Safari and go to the YouTube page, switch it to desktop mode or desktop site. Then in the upper left of the view window, you can engage full screen or pic in pic modes. If you go into either mode with the video playing, and then minimize Safari to the background, YouTube will continue to play in background mode.
    If you use pic in pic, you get a persistent thumbnail with controls for playback.