Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Samplist is live on the App Store

Comments

• Haha, true. And congrats, I will try out recording and leave an honest review :smiley:

• @MonzoPro said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Just think where we'll all be by the Summer!

Aberystwyth?

Sweet Jaysus no, nothing against the place but I have bad memories of my little sister in hospital there on a school trip many moons ago.

That was a long weekend ...

• @Hmtx said:
    Haha, true. And congrats, I will try out recording and leave an honest review :smiley:

It needs to be reviewed by apple first.
    I hate this waiting game. On Android whenever I push an update in 40 it's up. But I guess that's why you have a lot of crapware / malware on Android.

• @alecsbuga said:
    Well there was just this 1 guy. The other were well deserved. The app crashed like hell on iOS 10.
    But yeah, some honest reviews would be great! :)
    I've updated the description also because now IT IS RECORDING :) That was the bonus feature.
    I couldn't write the description like this: "This app doesn't sample" :)) It was like shooting my leg.

Holy shit. What did I miss? IT IS RECORDING now? How do we do that?!

• Waiting for review

• @alecsbuga said:
    Waiting for review

Hope your review goes faster than mine. Kosmonaut has been “in review” (not “waiting for...”) for 48 hours now. It’s ridiculous.

• It went smooth so far. I even had an expedited this week. But yeah. They sometimes play too much with the apps.

• Dudes it just hit me.
    The new polyphonic engine supports 64 notes per slice.
    So I'm gonna code it that you can enable one channel per note. So you can play 16 slices via midi. Mic drop!

• Lol it just entered in review. I'm such a lucky bastard. Sorry @brambos I don't want to rub it on your face but wow. I submitted at 1pm.

• edited March 2018

@alecsbuga said:
    Dudes it just hit me.
    The new polyphonic engine supports 64 notes per slice.
    So I'm gonna code it that you can enable one channel per note. So you can play 16 slices via midi. Mic drop!

I like the sounds of this. ...i have no idea what this means... :lol:

Will just have to play around with it when it comes out :+1:

• @alecsbuga said:

@enc said:
    is samplist coming to iphone ?

It won't be difficult to design a separate UI, but at the moment I'm working on stabilizing what Samplist is and what it does.

But it sure will!

... purchased

• It's live. Yay!
    Enjoy it guys. I really put a lot of love into this update. And a lot of grey hairs :)

• edited March 2018

Its really sweet!
    Love the update.
    Thank you.

• Glad to know it's coming to the phone sometime. Went ahead and bought on that news, hoping this can be the lightweight sister to Beatmaker that Intua will never make.

One little feature request— could you perhaps make a colors setteng? I've never got on with the yellow-black thing (makes me feel like I'm not drinking enough water).

• @aaronpc said:

>

One little feature request— could you perhaps make a colors setteng? I've never got on with the yellow-black thing (makes me feel like I'm not drinking enough water).

+1

• Alex, I'm going to buy this but I'm on iOS 9. Can you keep the sale price going until at least a couple days after iOS 11.3 releases when I plan to download it.?

• Top work that man.

• I still don't get most of you guys holding on to old versions of iOS. Ios11 is so much better in many ways especially the Files app.
    I've always updated to the latest and even betas. It very rarely crashed my music apps. But again I'm not using my iPad for performing. I just make music as a hobby.

• Ok guys so here's an update on Samplist. Some of you were asking why the time stretch option disappeared.

I had to rewrite the whole audio engine to be able to play chords and have a better AMP envelope.

That being said. I released the update because it really is an improvement to the app.

This week I've worked to incorporate the time stretch back in the app.

So you'll be able to turn on timestretching so you can play a transposed slice in time. Being an intensive effect it's turned off by default because it adds 2-4% CPU overload per slice.

When it's on the sampler will be monophonic. There's no way to do it like in Ableton simpler because of the way the Apple sampler works. Behind the courtains is the same engine from Logic EXS sampler.

Right now I still got some tweaking to do and I'll send a beta to the testers pretty soon.

After that I'll focus on sampling via Audiobus.

Ps: the cutoff knob is now logarithmic so it behaves much better when tweaking it.

• Also, I've optimized the file loading time. It's instant now. And the waveform is rendered without blocking the UI. For longer samples it takes about half a second but the app doesn't bog down while it does that. This resulted in a dramatic RAM decrease from 150mb to 40-50mb ;) All good stuff :)

• edited March 2018

@alecsbuga said:
    Also, I've optimized the file loading time. It's instant now. And the waveform is rendered without blocking the UI. For longer samples it takes about half a second but the app doesn't bog down while it does that. This resulted in a dramatic RAM decrease from 150mb to 40-50mb ;) All good stuff :)

There seems to be no mention of this working as an AB input? Could you please let us know if that's a feature we can expect anytime soon? Also curious as to whether or not we can cut loops with this, meaning if we input a tempo, can we set measures or quantisation values to select and trim files?

Edit, didn't see your first post. Can't wait for the AB sampling. Great job! :)

• Sounds awesome!
    Great to hear the news about the cutoff curve

• @LucidMusicInc said:

@alecsbuga said:
    Also, I've optimized the file loading time. It's instant now. And the waveform is rendered without blocking the UI. For longer samples it takes about half a second but the app doesn't bog down while it does that. This resulted in a dramatic RAM decrease from 150mb to 40-50mb ;) All good stuff :)

There seems to be no mention of this working as an AB input? Could you please let us know if that's a feature we can expect anytime soon? Also curious as to whether or not we can cut loops with this, meaning if we input a tempo, can we set measures or quantisation values to select and trim files?

I just said above I"m working on sampling from Audiobus :)

Right now you can only use it as a source, pipe it through effects and record the output. Classic Audiobus workflow.
    Grid / Tempo features are on my list. But right now I'm focusing on the main features. If you have a seamless loop you can use SPlit sample and cut it in regions.

• @alecsbuga said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@alecsbuga said:

I just said above I"m working on sampling from Audiobus :)

Right now you can only use it as a source, pipe it through effects and record the output. Classic Audiobus workflow.
    Grid / Tempo features are on my list. But right now I'm focusing on the main features. If you have a seamless loop you can use SPlit sample and cut it in regions.

Yes I'm a bit particular on these points. To be frank, I've given up hope on BM3 for my workflow and I've resorted to Cubasis for chopping however your app has a better (much better) export function but until the AB input and Grid is implemented I'm unable to click the purchase button.

• @alecsbuga said:
    I still don't get most of you guys holding on to old versions of iOS. Ios11 is so much better in many ways especially the Files app.
    I've always updated to the latest and even betas. It very rarely crashed my music apps. But again I'm not using my iPad for performing. I just make music as a hobby.

If you have an older device then moving to a new major iOS is a big deal when you consider the impact to all the other apps affected.

I feel quite comfortable updating on a 1st gen Pro but I can understand others being wary.

• @TheVimFuego said:

@alecsbuga said:
    I still don't get most of you guys holding on to old versions of iOS. Ios11 is so much better in many ways especially the Files app.

If you have an older device then moving to a new major iOS is a big deal when you consider the impact to all the other apps affected.

I feel quite comfortable updating on a 1st gen Pro but I can understand others being wary.

Well, yeah I guess you're right. ON an older device doesn't make sense to update. Which is a bummer. iOS 11 is quite lovely.

• Ok guys. Version 1.3 with real-time time stretch is in review. Wow they move fast these days.

• Nice. I like the the little Choose Slice with Pads addition, too.

• @alecsbuga said:
    Ok guys. Version 1.3 with real-time time stretch is in review. Wow they move fast these days.

B)