Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Model 15 and BM3 on iPad Mini 4 = cracklefest

Hi all. First time logging in in a while.

I’ve been running Model 15 on my iPad Mini 4 and it’s a cracklefest. Eco mode helps somewhat, but inside of Beatmaker 3, as an AuV3, M15 is basically unusable - even with the buffer set at 1024 (!) I can see the cpu erratically spiking in Beatmaker.

I don’t run into this problem with my many other AuV3 plugins or IAA apps on my iPad mini 4. I have over 10GB free space on the device. Any idea why I can’t get even one functional instance of Model 15 going inside BM3? (And barely as a stand-alone)?

Many thanks!
Isolator707

Comments

• I tried to test, but cannot even see a CPU-meter in BM3 :o

• Found the CPU meter... In the settings... you just cannot play while it is visible.

This is the most useless thing I ever saw!
    :o :o :o

• @Isolator707 said:
    Hi all. First time logging in in a while.

I’ve been running Model 15 on my iPad Mini 4 and it’s a cracklefest. Eco mode helps somewhat, but inside of Beatmaker 3, as an AuV3, M15 is basically unusable - even with the buffer set at 1024 (!) I can see the cpu erratically spiking in Beatmaker.

I don’t run into this problem with my many other AuV3 plugins or IAA apps on my iPad mini 4. I have over 10GB free space on the device. Any idea why I can’t get even one functional instance of Model 15 going inside BM3? (And barely as a stand-alone)?

Many thanks!
    Isolator707

The new update seems to be causing issues for me too, it ran perfect until , having crackling with patches that ran fine.

• Maybe try routing though Audiobus. It was updated for Audiobus in the last update. I was able to run 3 instances pretty cleanly. The third crackled some at first, but when I opened the stand alone to check out the settings, I didn’t change any and closed the stand alone. Suddenly my 3rd instance was no longer cracking at all
    I have an Air2, and have never been able to get more than 3 instances running well. Usually starts glitching on the third. But now 3 are running pretty smoothly.

• try hiding the m15 UI. I can only run one instance of it in AUM on my air one but if they're minimized I can get up to three. PITA but works for me.

• Yep, the UI is very demanding on resources. It may also help to turn off the fancy graphics where the patch cables change perspective as you scroll.

• @syrupcore said:
    try hiding the m15 UI. I can only run one instance of it in AUM on my air one but if they're minimized I can get up to three. PITA but works for me.

By minimizing the UI, do you mean closing the panel for Model15, or in the panel, keeping the UI mini and keep the preset browser in the foreground?

• For me it started acting up after the latest update, I deleted it yesterday and did a clean install and rebooted my Ipad and things seem normal now. I had to reload all my user presets ( glad it supports the files app :), other than that it was painless.
    Im on an Ipad Air 2 btw, so I normally dont push my luck with too many instances, the main thing is that Its running better in BM3 for me now.

• @Strizbiz said:
    For me it started acting up after the latest update, I deleted it yesterday and did a clean install and rebooted my Ipad and things seem normal now. I had to reload all my user presets ( glad it supports the files app :), other than that it was painless.
    Im on an Ipad Air 2 btw, so I normally dont push my luck with too many instances, the main thing is that Its running better in BM3 for me now.

Can you reliably get more than 3 instances ever? For me 3 is new, used to be just 2. By reliably I mean virtually no crackles. Now the sporadic to severe crackles come on the 4th instance, used to be the 3rd before the update. I’m Air2 BTW, is why I’m asking.

• @CracklePot said:

@Strizbiz said:
    For me it started acting up after the latest update, I deleted it yesterday and did a clean install and rebooted my Ipad and things seem normal now. I had to reload all my user presets ( glad it supports the files app :), other than that it was painless.

Can you reliably get more than 3 instances ever? For me 3 is new, used to be just 2. By reliably I mean virtually no crackles. Now the sporadic to severe crackles come on the 4th instance, used to be the 3rd before the update. I’m Air2 BTW, is why I’m asking.

2 has always been the most for me as far as audio units in BM3 go before it goes left, I never really used multiple instances in AB3, I'll have to give that try.

• Still have tried to see how many instances in AB3, but BM3 , running 3 is still a little iffy, depending on the patches, I can run 3 but not as smooth, lots of stuttering and what not, 2 still seems like the magic number for me.