Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iOS DAW poll

Please select Your most used DAW on iOS.

Just wanted to get a feel for the numbers and how popular each of the main DAW options are. Hopefully it won't turn into a pissing contest, but constructive discussion is welcome.

Poll options listed in alphabetical order. I haven't included apps that aren't really DAWs, such as AUM for instance (it doesn't have a timeline), and it's possible I've forgotten some options, in which case please correct me in the comments.

DAW poll
  1. Which is your preferred choice of DAW on iOS?173 votes
    1. Auria/Auria Pro
      25.43%
    2. Beat Maker 2/3
      16.76%
    3. Cubasis
      34.68%
    4. FL Studio Mobile
        0.58%
    5. Gadget
      10.40%
    6. GarageBand
      10.40%
    7. MultiTrack DAW (Harmonic Dog)
        0.58%
    8. MultitrackStudio (Giel Bremmers)
        0.58%
    9. Music Studio (Xewton)
        0.58%
  2. Do you prefer to mix on iOS or on the desktop173 votes
    1. I usually mix in iOS
      68.79%
    2. I usually mix on the desktop
      31.21%

Comments

• edited March 2018

You’ve missed n-track,meteor, audio evolution, orsilus and medley to name but 5....

• @BiancaNeve said:
    You’ve missed n-track,meteor, audio evolution, orsilus and medley to name but 5....

Well that was bound to happen :) Sorry. If people are using those please let us know in the comments!

• And impc pro 2 and beathawk if you’re counting Beatmaker.

• hmm, my fave is Cubasis but i use Muti Track Daw more often as i can use it for quick jamming sessions on my phone.

• edited March 2018

@BiancaNeve said:
    And impc pro 2 and beathawk if you’re counting Beatmaker.

Well I honestly doubt anyone is using those as actual DAWs, but I'm happy to be corrected if wrong. Beatmaker is definitely more viable as a DAW, because it can load external instruments.

• So can impc pro 2

• edited March 2018

How about Caustic? It’s still a viable and very powerful app in spite of limited upates and no audio tracks. I’ve been sorting out BM3 lately and am getting along with it pretty well now. FLSM is really good within it’s limitations but there are some basic things which need work.

• @BiancaNeve said:
    So can impc pro 2

Fair enough :) My apologies for the omissions.

• @richardyot said:

@BiancaNeve said:

Well I honestly doubt anyone is using those as actual DAWs, but I'm happy to be corrected if wrong. Beatmaker is definitely more viable as a DAW, because it can load external instruments.

When it first appeared I made a several complete tracks in BeatHawk, but since it went AU I just use its instruments in a "regular" DAW.

• Cubasis for me (with the Waves plugins).

I love the instruments in Gadget and i admire its workflow but i won't use it as a DAW until Korg opens it up to host third party apps.

• edited March 2018

I usually do everything live in AUM, but for overdubbing I’ll use Auria.

Haven’t got Cubasis, but perfectly happy with Auria - in fact if it was possible I’d be happy to use it on the laptop, rather than farting about with Logic.

• I’m genuinely surprised by the results so far. After reading this forum avidly, I’d have predicted the majority to be using BM3 as their main DAW but turning to AP for mastering/mixing.

• 4 a DAW I use ABC,
    Auria for audio mixing/mastering
    BM3 for simple hosting of AU3s
    Cubasis for anything midi
    (or the combo of Modstep sending midi to AUM hosting AU3s)
    Love them all equally like any good parent
    (Cubasis got my vote for its automation editing)

• @Beathoven said:
    I’m genuinely surprised by the results so far. After reading this forum avidly, I’d have predicted the majority to be using BM3 as their main DAW but turning to AP for mastering/mixing.

Said the same thing when a similar poll was made on Ipad Musician Facebook group a week ago. Cubasis came out on top.

• I have every Daw on the list except MultitrackStudio, It's pretty much a tie between BeatMaker 3 and Cubasis for me, depending on what kind of track Im doing, If Im recording vocals or guitar, then Cubasis, but if I'm doing a track, from Hiphop, R&B, Dance, etc, BM3 all the way. I would cut all my vocals in Auria Pro if I could punch in manually with it.

• I think, Audio Evolution Mobile is an important omission!

• @BiancaNeve said:

btw Meteor is half price at the moment.

• Not at all surprised that Cubasis is the most commonly used. Bigger (relatively) brand, desktop exposure, perhaps feels simpler for folks to get into, questions of cost etc etc.

It's great we've got so much choice in what is still a developing thingie.

• @richardyot said:

@BiancaNeve said:

I’d like to know if people are using IMPC pro 2 as daw also. It seems to have AU host for instruments and fx. BM3 is only fx for now, so not very useful as a daw unless you don’t need midi recording of instruments. Once it gets that, I might start using it for recording... the interface is very straightforward and intuitive, and it doesn’t overwrite your projects automatically to name two things.

• @epfox said:

@richardyot said:

@BiancaNeve said:

I’d like to know if people are using IMPC pro 2 as daw also. It seems to have AU host for instruments and fx. BM3 is only fx for now, so not very useful as a daw unless you don’t need midi recording of instruments. Once it gets that, I might start using it for recording... the interface is very straightforward and intuitive, and it doesn’t overwrite your projects automatically to name two things.

BM3 is only fx? Is that a typo?

• Garageband and then if i get anything worth working on it goes to Auria pro.......so, Garageband it is then

• I’ve been paying a lot of attention to BM3 lately and it’s come a long way since it first dropped. Update on the way as well although no idea how soon. No problem with AU instruments or effects. DAW can mean different things to different people. Originally DAW was just digital recording and manipulation of audio. Things have gotten much more sophisticated. I like Cubasis but don’t get around it as well as BM3. I don’t do much with audio tracks either and I think Cubasis and Auria (among others) are more suited to that approach.

• BM3 for me. Mastering is a different matter, but I can get more going there - sampling, linear audio, midi. Ymmv.

• It’s a little dishonest for me to vote for only one, the query could be: which 3 DAWs (4ish really) am I navigating between currently, with Sunvox the lighthouse if not homebase.

• Have them all but use GarageBand the most. Generally export to desktop for mastering but experimenting with using Cubasis for this purpose. Have no intention though of buying plugins tied to a single host.

• Wow . No Auria Pro here?

• I was about to comment that you had forgotten SnuVox with the proviso that I might be the only person using it as a daw when I saw @Littlewoodg ‘s comment.

• I’m sure I can mix a beat down on iOS but I can’t do an entire session without some kind of pitch correction

• @YZJustDatGuy said:
    I’m sure I can mix a beat down on iOS but I can’t do an entire session without some kind of pitch correction

Primary reason I use GB. If you set the project key correctly the integrated real-time pitch correction is as good as the one on desktop. However there’s no flex of course

• Auria rules with fabfilter. But I‘m not into EDM et c.