Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AudioMaster - Major Update is live!

We've been working hard on a major free update to our AudioMaster app and ‪It's out! AudioMaster now comes with a Fully Adjustable 6 Band EQ. Dial in exact frequencies or let our presets do their magic. Works as an AU, IAA, Audiobus etc. I love the way it sounds and it's ease of use. I hope you all like it and get great use out of it! Here's a little video example with one of my songs. https://itunes.apple.com/us/developer/future-moments/id895157892

Comments

• Is it still subscription?

• Hi! It's whatever works for you. See our Pro version if you don't want a subscription. Here's all options: https://itunes.apple.com/us/developer/future-moments/id895157892

• Ok thanks!

• Here's a few promo codes!
    THHR7M7FN4LN
    JMXYKFJMH47J
    673XJ6HYM46H

• I’ve redeemed the middle code only to be greeted by the subscription blurb. Oh dear.

Pass, pass, pass. So what was exactly the point of the generous code offer?

• @supadom said:
    I’ve redeemed the middle code only to be greeted by the subscription blurb. Oh dear.

Looking into it. What blurb came up?

• @supadom - Looks alright on my end.

• @garygary said:

@supadom said:
    I’ve redeemed the middle code only to be greeted by the subscription blurb. Oh dear.

Looking into it. What blurb came up?

Cool got it. Haven’t redeem a subscription code before, didn’t realise I need an itunes app installed. Will put it through paces. Cheers.

• @supadom said:
    Cool got it. Haven’t redeem a subscription code before, didn’t realise I need an itunes app installed. Will put it through paces. Cheers.

OK. Whew, you scared me :smile: Hope you get good use out of it. If you have any features you'd like to see added please let me know. We're always looking to improve our apps. Cheers.

• The subscription will automatically expire. No need to worry!

• Question: In the graphic below, can you tweak the knobs? Or is it just a pictorial representation of a mastering profile?

So this app is a collection of $50 presets? Madness.

• Hi @ExAsperis99 that one pictured is the suggested preset for R&B/Soul. See the words below each module. The first module In the carousel is the fully adjustable 6-Band EQ labeled 'Custom EQ' below it. Let me know if I can help with anything else.

• @garygary : Thanks, but how do Inactually redeem the code? Where to press?

• edited March 2018

@Telstar5 said:
    @garygary : Thanks, but how do Inactually redeem the code? Where to press?

To redeem a promo code on an iPhone or iPad:
    Open the App Store
    Tap Featured and scroll to the bottom
    Tap Redeem and enter the code

• @supadom So you’re the prick what forced me to redeem the third code instead of the second? ;)

@garygary I got the third code, no worries. Glad I nabbed it so I could give it a shot and offer my thoughts.

Okay, so after playing around with AudioMaster, I did notice that the limiter allows the signal to hit above 0 DB. Usually a mastering app means something that has a maximizer at the end of the signal chain. So my first question is...what processes are going on under the hood exactly?

Secondly, there’s usually some sort of level metering in a mastering app. Peak and RMS for starters, and LUFS if you really wanna be fancy. Maybe this can be added? :)

• edited March 2018

@jwmmakerofmusic said:
    @supadom So you’re the prick what forced me to redeem the third code instead of the second? ;)

You've got the pm message.

Please refrain from insulting people in public if you want this place to remain nice.

Did it feel so bad feeling that you've missed out on saving $5? That's a low threshold you have sir.

• Pretty sure that was tongue-in-cheek @supadom, I don't think it's necessary to escalate

• edited March 2018

@Michael said:
    Pretty sure that was tongue-in-cheek @supadom, I don't think it's necessary to escalate

Pity I’ve already sent someone to his home address to clarify. Wars have been started with less, believe me.

I’m gonna let it go only because I’ve sent him a saucy pm message. Being greeted by that first thing in the morning definitely isn’t my idea of fun, unless I know the person very well.

No need to apologise @johnfromberkeley but just so you know, we’re not close so don’t do it again.

• @supadom said:

@Michael said:
    Pretty sure that was tongue-in-cheek @supadom, I don't think it's necessary to escalate

Pity I’ve already sent someone to his home address to clarify. Wars have been started with less, believe me.

I’m gonna let it go only because I’ve sent him a saucy pm message. Being greeted by that first thing in the morning definitely isn’t my idea of fun, unless I know the person very well.

No need to apologise @johnfromberkeley but just so you know, we’re not close so don’t do it again.

damn Bro you Audiobus bangin lol He didnt mean it like that but I wouldn't want to be called a prick either lol

• @Michael said:

Yes, it was meant as tongue-in-cheek, hence why I also typed the wink emoji. I’m sorry for any confusion that caused mate.

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@Michael said:

Yes, it was meant as tongue-in-cheek, hence why I also typed the wink emoji. I’m sorry for any confusion that caused mate.

Cool

• @supadom said:

?

• @johnfromberkeley said:

@supadom said:

?

I'm asking you not to call me a prick in public. What part of that you don't understand? I don't care if you and your buddies do that while winking at each other. I'm not your buddy.

Just respect my wish. Is it so fucking hard for you? It is really that simple.

• @supadom said:

@johnfromberkeley said:

@supadom said:

?

I'm asking you not to call me a prick in public. What part of that you don't understand? I don't care if you and your buddies do that while winking at each other. I'm not your buddy.

Just respect my wish. Is it so fucking hard for you? It is really that simple.

Jeez louise, leave John alone fella. Any dimwit can scroll up and see that I was the one who tried to joke around with you. I mean, when I made my friendly jab, I did NOT expect you to be oh-so-triggered and ruin GaryGary’s thread. Had I known you were so serious and whingy, I wouldn’t have bothered trying to joke with you at all.

• I have to chime in as someone fascinated by how poorly jest and sarcasm seem to translate over the internet. I thought the comment was completely in fun even without the emoji. But the emoji sealed the deal. I’d prefer to be subtle, but even I have adapted to the necessity of using emojis to make sure I’m not taken the wrong way. I thought emoji had become the universal deal-sealer to confirm a non-serious post or to show you’re not trolling. Bummer.

• Was curious, but then I saw the price :o :o :o

• :D :D. This forum.

• edited March 2018

@tja said:
    Was curious, but then I saw the price :o :o :o

AudioMaster allows the signal to reach above 0dB which makes me wonder if it’s even meant for mastering at all let alone at that price tag. :confused: I mean, I believe in paying professional prices for professional software, but I’m still curious as to what exactly is going on under the hood (I know there’s at least some sort of EQ and compression). The thing is, Audiomaster’s not even tweakable enough whereas something like Grand Finale is tweakable without being overly complicated and is impossible to make sound bad.

• Hey @jwmmakerofmusic The signal automatically gets set to peak at -.1db. If you move the output slider the level will change. We made the slider adjustable for when people use it as an AUv3 or IAA as an effect so you can overload sounds or make them quieter. The first module you see when you swipe right in the app is a fully adjustable 6 band eq where you can adjust the gain, frequency and Q. You can also type in exact frequencies if you wish. This was definitely built to be a simple mastering tool plus more.

• @supadom: you're addressing the wrong person. @johnfromberkeley is not part of this discussion and I believe (a) you owe him an apology and (b) I'd ask you to mind your manners generally, please, I don't like that kind of language (unless it's for comedic reasons). Consider this a warning.