Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Edited: Infinite Looper - how to MIDI start/stop

i'm trying to sync it via MIDI to other apps but no joy over here.
i'd like to sync AND start/stop Loopy HD and Infinite Looper (as master) but can't find any hints on how to do so (supposing it's possible!?)

Comments

• Turn on Ableton Link in both apps and Voila!

• thanks for answering - Link is working fine but let me rephrase my question: how to do start/stop ?

• You have AudioBus? Load 'em both up and use the AB start/stop button.

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    You have AudioBus? Load 'em both up and use the AB start/stop button.

didn't work over here!

• Tried it here and can see that you are correct. Infinite looper transport doesn't work with AB controls. IL has midi CC learn now doesn't it? If so, set the same midi CC to play in both apps. Sorry that I'm showing my ignorance of IL features.

• Hi -- currently, IL doesn't support the AB, Link, and MIDI start/stop. My "vision" is to have IL as the main "hub," driving external synths with MIDI. In my experience, getting multiple semi-independent apps (or devices) to sync correctly with MIDI clock is a nightmare. I'm trying to have "one conductor," and everything else just playing the parts as directed.

I'll add in support for AB/Link/MIDI start-stop in an update, probably by early summer. I'm trying to get it all sorted so that things work "right" in all the variations, particularly with MIDI clocking (clock jitter! Yikes!).

• Hi,
    is the new Ableton Link Start/Stop Feature implemented right now?

• @Ploe said:
    Hi,
    is the new Ableton Link Start/Stop Feature implemented right now?

I didn’t receive an update notification. Did you get one? That feature is supposed to come in the next update, but I am still waiting...

• @SecretBaseDesign Is AU support still coming soonish? You mentioned "early next year" in December, but I know how things go.

• Hoping to get it done soon. Some major projects landed on me, and a few things went sideways, so I'm (as usual) behind where I was planning on being.