Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Looking for Recommendations: The Best Radio App... ???

what it be like ladies & gents.. as the title suggest I'm looking for some undeniably great radio apps.
I've got the radio air vst, and on the iPad I've got the Radiooo app wich is free and great. I suggest you grab it if you haven't checked it out yet... it's more of a radio station for the collection of some of my favorite crate diggers like victor kiswell and others , it only consist of shares from their collections but it's still a great listen, finally I've also got svarm.

but....

I'm looking for a real radio app, something that reaches far, wide, and precise....good for all kinds of things from talk radio to the obscure, so what'chu know good?

here's a link to the radio app I was recommending..

https://itunes.apple.com/ee/developer/radiooooo/id1071729050?mt=8

Comments

• edited March 2018

TuneIn Radio

• Great free version, wide range.

Audials Radio

• Also free, lots of chilled stations.

Paranormal Radio

• Free. Collected weirdness.
  • Ive tried a few and this suits me.

Receiver Radio by appsolute GmbH
    https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/receiver-radio/id311658127?mt=8

• I'd say TuneIn(Pro) which was free at launch long long time ago. Been using it since like forever.
    The current free version is about the same but doesn't have the 'recorder' and shows adds.

Only thing I wish it had was 'url copy' so I could paste the stream urls to Ström for sampling :)
    (Recordings made in TuneIn can sadly not be exported which would have made samply a breeze).

• @Zen210507 said:
    TuneIn Radio

• Great free version, wide range.

Audials Radio

• Also free, lots of chilled stations.

Paranormal Radio

• Free. Collected weirdness.

I have Audials Radio, will check the others. thank you

• @supadom said:
    Ive tried a few and this suits me.

thank you will check this out

• @Samu said:
    I'd say TuneIn(Pro) which was free at launch long long time ago. Been using it since like forever.
    The current free version is about the same but doesn't have the 'recorder' and shows adds.

Only thing I wish it had was 'url copy' so I could paste the stream urls to Ström for sampling :)
    (Recordings made in TuneIn can sadly not be exported which would have made samply a breeze).

haven't used strom in a long time, actually forgot I had it thanks for the reminder

• @kobamoto said:

@supadom said:
    Ive tried a few and this suits me.

thank you will check this out

I like this one because of its simplicity. I also have strom but use it mainly for sampling. Not enough slots as a regular radio. Receiver just works, you search, you save as favourite, you enjoy the internet radio, that’s it. :)

• edited March 2018

>

Lovely. Also, can be recorded via iPad video function, then sound stripped using MovieToAudio app.

• fresh, thanks!!

@zen great tip

• Curated radio, soma fm

• Anything to record direct in the app to create samples?

• One of my favorite radio apps to sample is ström.

It's a minimalistic streaming radio channel — and it's free!

Do check it out:

ström by Erik Sigth
    https://apps.apple.com/us/app/ström/id495549899

• Regarding OP’s ‘real’ radio request I’m going to suggest websdr.org . I know this isn’t an app, but the browser based SDR ‘tuners’ can literally be tuned so you get all that lovely static as you scan the spectrum. There’s some great shortwave radio to be explored and sampled with screen recorder. If you’re interested, to get to a tuner select a link to a WebSDR provider. There may be a subsequent link to a mobile page. Be sure to click on the ‘iOS Audio Start’ button to begin listening.

• edited May 2020

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/radio-garden-live/id1339670993 : Radio Garden - spin the globe, pick a spot anywhere on the face of the earth, watch the internet radio pin drops pop up, click on one, and listen to some Mongolian Alan Freed doing his crazy man Schtick from the middle of the Gobi Desert. Like spinning the dials on the short wave band of an old school set late at night back in the day. For sampling purposes, screen record and koala or AudioStretch are your friends. Also a +1 for Streemur https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/streemur/id1307609511 you can put your own presets in, and it plays nice with AUM.

• edited May 2020

@Sapper said:
    Regarding OP’s ‘real’ radio request I’m going to suggest websdr.org . I know this isn’t an app, but the browser based SDR ‘tuners’ can literally be tuned so you get all that lovely static as you scan the spectrum. There’s some great shortwave radio to be explored and sampled with screen recorder. If you’re interested, to get to a tuner select a link to a WebSDR provider. There may be a subsequent link to a mobile page. Be sure to click on the ‘iOS Audio Start’ button to begin listening.

It’s worth mentioning that most websdr tuners also implement recording and saving to a file, which works just fine in mobile Safari. You can then use the sample as any other.

• @Sapper said:
    Regarding OP’s ‘real’ radio request I’m going to suggest websdr.org . I know this isn’t an app, but the browser based SDR ‘tuners’ can literally be tuned so you get all that lovely static as you scan the spectrum. There’s some great shortwave radio to be explored and sampled with screen recorder. If you’re interested, to get to a tuner select a link to a WebSDR provider. There may be a subsequent link to a mobile page. Be sure to click on the ‘iOS Audio Start’ button to begin listening.

You’re my hero, this will provide me with so much sampling material

• Some cool stuff here! I like that Radio Garden stuff particularly.

• +2 why had I never heard or this before? It’s wonderful. Although a bit depressing to see how western chord structures seem to have infiltrated everywhere.

• Tune in pro

• @Poppadocrock said:
    Tune in pro

Great investment..

Hooked on a Madagascar station, RDJ..

• @NoiseFloored said:

@Sapper said:

It’s worth mentioning that most webdsr tuners also implement recording and saving to a file, which works just fine in mobile Safari. You can then use the sample as any other.

Thank you! I didn’t realize this was an option. So much easier.

• @purpan2 said:

+2 why had I never heard or this before? It’s wonderful. Although a bit depressing to see how western chord structures seem to have infiltrated everywhere.

My thoughts too! All over the world it’s 90% pop. Go to rural Uzbekistan and it’s pop.

Try countries with repressive regimes. Some of them have ministries of culture and will play their country’s traditional music around the clock and it’s a very nice. I keep going back to the Persian music in Tehran.