Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• I think I would think twice about supporting the X until it became enough of a market to afford to buy one for testing - £1000 yeah right lol

• Very pragmatic. I like that ;)

• I have an X and I can’t blame him. They’re gonna trash this version and make a new one anyway. The hardware/software cycle is absurd.

• Up until now they allowed apps to run in legacy mode on the iPhone X, but they’ve started bullying developers into including X-specific UI design and behavior. Not sure if iPhone support is worth the effort anymore: very few users, lots of different screen sizes to deal with, very little real estate to attempt to offer the same user experience as an iPad screen. :/

• Let’s hope Apple don’t go too weird with the new iPads coming

• You have my full support. Do what you need to to do. :) B)

• @brambos Atrocious Bitemark! LOL I’m storing that one away; one day I’m calling someone that.

• @brambos you have my full support man :)

• I use an iPhone SE and would really hate not having your AUs on it (at least Troublemaker). I thought an AU’s screen was resizable in iOS 11, at least in AUM, no? I can always pay an IAP for added universal compatibility if development costs are the factor.

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    I use an iPhone SE and would really hate not having your AUs on it (at least Troublemaker). I thought an AU’s screen was resizable in iOS 11, at least in AUM, no? I can always pay an IAP for added universal compatibility if development costs are the factor.

Hopefully it will still work until he has to update it.

• Can't help it but the 'notch' on the iPhone X is just awful by design and forcing developers to 'adapt' to it is just a stupid, stupid move.

For productivity apps it's just a big WTF especially in landscape mode, when you rotate the screen on one side there's the notch and on the other side there's no notch. Apple needs to fire the person who decided to say OK to the notch and allow 'letter boxed' apps. Sorry Ive you've totally lost it...

This time around Apple could learn a thing or two from Samsung...

If the 'notch' is here to stay it's bad for everyone.
    (Let us just hope that the new iPads are 'notch free').

• @brambos said:
    Not sure if iPhone support is worth the effort anymore: very few users, lots of different screen sizes to deal with, very little real estate to attempt to offer the same user experience as an iPad screen. :/

Loudest users around hahaha

• I use my iPhone 8, and previously an iPhone 6 quite a lot for musical activities. The notch on the iPhone X was a certainly a factor in choosing the ‘normal’ iPhone 8.

I think the Bram Bos apps are some of the finest in all of the land. If future apps are iPad only then I will probably be carrying my iPad out of the house a lot more.

• Good for you, Brambos. A phone that costs $1,000 is ludicrous.

• Sorry for the ignorance but what exactly is native iPhone X support? Do those weird rounded edges really make the UI size that different from the other iPhone models. I ask because I’ve just started working on my first app and if Apple start only accepting iPhone X compatible apps I might be screwed before even getting out the gates.

• Curious how this would work in the App Store? If you remove iPhone support will it need to be a new app altogether? Or if not, will iPhone users still be able to download the previous supported version?

I’m iPad focused so I’m fine either way.

• I wanted a big screen on a small phone, so I got the X.

The X is really a great phone. Most of the time, the notch disappears, as much of the design around it works.

But it is a challenge for music apps, games, and even viewing video..

Like I said, I barely notice it the notch, but that’s because developers have worked hard to design around it.

• @realdavidai said:
    Curious how this would work in the App Store? If you remove iPhone support will it need to be a new app altogether? Or if not, will iPhone users still be able to download the previous supported version?

I’m iPad focused so I’m fine either way.

It's only for new apps.

• Looks like the Ruismakers came through now. Experience on iPhone X may be suboptimal though, because I haven’t made any special provisions for the notch (yet). Let’s see how it pans out.

Two down, still one to go through review.

• @brambos said:
    Looks like the Ruismakers came through now. Experience on iPhone X may be suboptimal though, because I haven’t made any special provisions for the notch (yet). Let’s see how it pans out.

Top Notch Mate! :D

• @Samu said:
    Can't help it but the 'notch' on the iPhone X is just awful by design and forcing developers to 'adapt' to it is just a stupid, stupid move.

For productivity apps it's just a big WTF especially in landscape mode, when you rotate the screen on one side there's the notch and on the other side there's no notch. Apple needs to fire the person who decided to say OK to the notch and allow 'letter boxed' apps. Sorry Ive you've totally lost it...

This time around Apple could learn a thing or two from Samsung...

If the 'notch' is here to stay it's bad for everyone.
    (Let us just hope that the new iPads are 'notch free').

What's that notch? :o

• @brambos said:
    Looks like the Ruismakers came through now. Experience on iPhone X may be suboptimal though, because I haven’t made any special provisions for the notch (yet). Let’s see how it pans out.

Cool Ruismaker FM just came thru...finally got to properly use those delicious pads. Thanks!

• @brambos said:

Thanks mate. :) Again, if you need development costs for adapting the GUIs, let us know where to send the cash. You’re one of the best iOS devs there is, and I wanna make sure you get the reimbursement you deserve. :)

• Oh my god I just now looked at an iPhone X and its ‘notch’. That would drive me insane

• @oat_phipps said:
    Oh my god I just now looked at an iPhone X and its ‘notch’. That would drive me insane

Good thing that this is notch your problem :#

• @echoopera said:

@oat_phipps said:
    Oh my god I just now looked at an iPhone X and its ‘notch’. That would drive me insane

Q: What kind of cheese isn’t your cheese?

• @brambos they’re just trying to break up your AppStore monopoly...

• DCJDCJ
    edited March 2018

@echoopera said:

@oat_phipps said:

Dad? Is that you?

ok full disclosure: I laughed.

• A: Nacho cheese

• @brambos said:

Looks fine on iPhone X to me. It centers in the screen and avoids the notch