Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

If I hear another trap triplet hi hat..........

f******g lazy cliche bizniss

Comments

• @SheffieldBleep said:

Every generation hates the next generation's cliches while being totally blind to its own.

It won't die until it's used in every commercial jingle.

• So dont listen to it ?

• I have a trick for you. Instead of focusing on the hi-hats, listen to the kick. It's almost completely gone in trap music. Kind of a cool thing, really. But yeah, easily imitated.

• Tri - ple - let

Tri - ple - let

Only way I can remember how to play them myself.

• I’m a big believer in being able to get something musically useful out of anything except this:

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    I’m a big believer in being able to get something musically useful out of anything except this:

What I really hear you saying is you'd like to see an Agadoo remix contest.

• You'd hate my job, nothing but the current music/cliches trends all day long :)

Well, maybe not all day long, but I do hear my fair share of the same things over and over and over and over.

• Less hi-hat but MORE COW BELL!!!

• @SheffieldBleep said:

This is so hilarious :D

• edited March 2018

I don’t know what to feel when I hear it. It ain’t sexy... it ain’t funky... it ain’t cool... it ain’t daring... it ain’t chill... it’s just... there. o_o

• Owgawd. We complain about 4tothefloor then we complain about triplets. When will come the the time we complain ‘bout 12/7th

• @Samplemunch said:
    So dont listen to it ?

Adverts too

• What irks me is the trend of messing around with human vocals. My dining out experiences at Burger King for example have been thwarted by the sounds of previously musical hits from the 80s and 90s contorted and warped or just lazily down pitched. I get depressed just thinking about it :s

• @LucidMusicInc said:
    What irks me is the trend of messing around with human vocals. My dining out experiences at Burger King for example have been thwarted by the sounds of previously musical hits from the 80s and 90s contorted and warped or just lazily down pitched. I get depressed just thinking about it :s

Well, there could be various reasons for this. The most obvious one being they are intentionally annoying you so you eat faster and GTFO. Or maybe the bad music creates a context in which the food seems to taste better. Possibly, they are putting you in a trance or ruthlessly distracting you, thereby preventing you from realizing what you are actually eating. Or maybe they think Vaporwave is cool with the kids. B)

• edited March 2018

@mschenkel.it said:
    Owgawd. We complain about 4tothefloor then we complain about triplets. When will come the the time we complain ‘bout 12/7th

Specificly trap hat triplets though... They dont bug me really. They are like those little floaters you get in your eye while laying on the couch. 'Huh, wonder what thats about...?'

• @mschenkel.it said:
    Owgawd. We complain about 4tothefloor then we complain about triplets. When will come the the time we complain ‘bout 12/7th

Most people would already be complaining if you busted out that time sig on them. ;)

• @CracklePot said:

@mschenkel.it said:

Most people would already be complaining if you busted out that time sig on them. ;)

:D

• @SheffieldBleep said:

@Samplemunch said:
    So dont listen to it ?

Adverts too

What ?

• @SheffieldBleep said:

Don’t you know it’s very cliche to use the word “cliche” in a music forum? :trollface: :trollface: :trollface:

Anyways, Trap is a very versatile style of music. The instrumental side of Trap lends itself perfectly to a variety of sound design ideas that are still unexplored if you apply your imagination. The crazy triplet hats are not a cliche but rather a main ingredient ingrained in the style itself.

The one thing I hate about Trap though is the rapping. Instead of hearing brilliant lyrics like you’ll find in any of N.W.A.’s tracks paired with the Trap “beat” (slang which means drums and instrumental arrangement), Trap is often accompanied by the most banal Drake-styled twaddle what sounds like a demented 8-year-old spaz vomited out while watching Barney & Friends. For instance, if you know me by now, you’ll know the track I currently hate the most is Post Malone’s “Rockstar”. THAT is the poster-child example of what I mean regarding shite Trap lyrics.

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@SheffieldBleep said:

Don’t you know it’s very cliche to use the word “cliche” in a music forum? :trollface: :trollface: :trollface:

Anyways, Trap is a very versatile style of music. The instrumental side of Trap lends itself perfectly to a variety of sound design ideas that are still unexplored if you apply your imagination. The crazy triplet hats are not a cliche but rather a main ingredient ingrained in the style itself.

The one thing I hate about Trap though is the rapping. Instead of hearing brilliant lyrics like you’ll find in any of N.W.A.’s tracks paired with the Trap “beat” (slang which means drums and instrumental arrangement), Trap is often accompanied by the most banal Drake-styled twaddle what sounds like a demented 8-year-old spaz vomited out while watching Barney & Friends. For instance, if you know me by now, you’ll know the track I currently hate the most is Post Malone’s “Rockstar”. THAT is the poster-child example of what I mean regarding shite Trap lyrics.

@CracklePot said:

@LucidMusicInc said:
    What irks me is the trend of messing around with human vocals. My dining out experiences at Burger King for example have been thwarted by the sounds of previously musical hits from the 80s and 90s contorted and warped or just lazily down pitched. I get depressed just thinking about it :s

Well, there could be various reasons for this. The most obvious one being they are intentionally annoying you so you eat faster and GTFO. Or maybe the bad music creates a context in which the food seems to taste better. Possibly, they are putting you in a trance or ruthlessly distracting you, thereby preventing you from realizing what you are actually eating. Or maybe they think Vaporwave is cool with the kids. B)

I think you're right on all counts, cold hard corporate logic.

@Fruitbat1919 why? I can't unsee that :s

• @ksound said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    I’m a big believer in being able to get something musically useful out of anything except this:

What I really hear you saying is you'd like to see an Agadoo remix contest.

Ok good idea!

• Anyway: cliches are genre defining. Any genre of music has its own which actually tell you that is this other than that. You can’t make a house tune at 172 bpm like you can’t make a drum and bass one at 125 for example. Ska is defined by brasses and a upbeat guitar strum. And so on

• edited March 2018

You are no longer trapped my friend, be free .....

• I like those traplets B)

• @Tarekith said:
    You'd hate my job, nothing but the current music/cliches trends all day long :)

Well, maybe not all day long, but I do hear my fair share of the same things over and over and over and over.

Whenever I think a job like yours must be a perfect way to earn a living, this video comes to mind... :)

• @SpookyZoo said:

@Tarekith said:

Whenever I think a job like yours must be a perfect way to earn a living, this video comes to mind... :)

hehehe love that!

• edited March 2018

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@SheffieldBleep said:

Post Malone’s “Rockstar” more than 250.000.000 views on youtube, can they be wrong liking it?

• edited March 2018

deleted

• @mschenkel.it said:
    Anyway: cliches are genre defining. Any genre of music has its own which actually tell you that is this other than that. You can’t make a house tune at 172 bpm like you can’t make a drum and bass one at 125 for example. Ska is defined by brasses and a upbeat guitar strum. And so on

I entirely take your point. In actual fact I am by and large enamored by Trap, Southern bounce etc. As someone who loved the wild drum programming of Kurtis Mantronik I can really appreciate this stuff and see it as part of that continuum. But what defines it can in time constrain it if it ends up with producers painting drums by numbers. On the other hand for some reason I still love the basic raw house beat. So sue me

• @SpookyZoo said:

@Tarekith said:

I love my job and I’m extremely lucky to do what I do for a living. But there have been many days that surpassed even that video :)