Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

How to Connect Guitar Amp USB Line Out to IPhone

My Roland Blues Cube guitar amplifier has a USB line out for direct recording to a “computer”. The manual says drivers may need to be installed on the computer for successful operation. (No mention of tablet or iphone in manual) It’s the square type of usb out, like one you’d find on a printer. Would a simple square usb to lightning cable work successfully into GarageBand on my iphone? Would my phone/GarageBand automatically recognize the audio coming from the amp? Or would my phone simply not recognize the input? Is an interface/adapter of some kind required? Thanks for any feedback.

Comments

• USB audio has to be a "class compliant", and I don't see any mention of that on the Roland website; I.e. It has to work without drivers to work on the iPad. However, if you see mention of being class compliant in your documentation, you would then need a Apple camera connection kit and a USB A to B cable to plug it into your iPad.

• edited March 2018

@wigglelights said:
    USB audio has to be a "class compliant", and I don't see any mention of that on the Roland website; I.e. It has to work without drivers to work on the iPad. However, if you see mention of being class compliant in your documentation, you would then need a Apple camera connection kit and a USB A to B cable to plug it into your iPad.

Thank you for the reply. I can’t find anything about “class compliant”. A rep from Roland mentioned something about using a camera connection kit, but he was vague and uncertain.

I just assumed the amps line out would work with a tablet/iphone with so many people using these devices for recording nowadays.

• Probably out of luck then.

There are numerous audio interface that do play well with iOS (some that use a direct lighting cable connection and others that work with the CCK), and would be able to use the line out of your amp to record with. Number of ins and outs, software routing, preamp quality have a lot to do with cost, so it depends on what you need.

https://www.sweetwater.com/c1058--iPad_iPhone_Interfaces