Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What features are missing from iOS DAWs?

2»

Comments

• An excellent emulation of these.

• @realdavidai said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:
    @Audiojunkie Oh f-ckin hell I forgot completely about that, ESPECIALLY if I had to waste a USB port by means of needing what they called a “dongle”.

let’s not mention this too loudly :# I don’t want that evil iLok PACE beast to start sniffing around iOS.

Lol. Those muckin funts better not. :lol:

• I use both Cubasis and Auria Pro. Both are superb apps, well worth investing in. Both could do with improvement. Mostly, it’s small things.

Auria Pro

Why can’t this app remember what directory it last imported from, even within the same session? Cubasis can.

Why can’t I simply duplicate a track, complete with FX. Again, Cubasis does this.

Why can’t I drag and drop effects to reorder, and why is it limited to four? Yes, I know there’s a workaround, but actual function would be very nice.

Why won’t somebody take responsibility for fixing the years old Fab Filters display issue?

Cubasis

Audio editing leaves a lot to be desired. I wish it was as good as Auria’s.

File management is still poor and needs reorganising.

The sensitivity of snap to markers is way too sensitive. So many times I’ve found the app snapping to a section because I’ve touched too long, or something. I’d love to be able to turn this function off.

• Steinberg could do away with the dongle for Cubase by launching their app on the Mac App Store - no more piracy! More sales!!