Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

SNEAK PEAK: Most Powerful AU Synth Ever?

VOLT from Numerical Audio

You decide.

This is a monster!

Those of you who love Zeta and the raw electricity of Model 15, this is you jam!

And if you dig the video like it. Please. Thank you.

Comments

• VIDEO #2

Showing a softer side to the app

• Yep!....... That's a Monster alright........ :)

• AU Brutus?

• Want now. Me. Give.

• Does VOLT allow the oscillator pulse width to be modulated by an envelope?

• @AudioGus said:
    AU Brutus?

Si

• It's threads like these that make me realize I must be a fake synth fan. These videos sound unremittingly awful to me! (That's not totally true; sometimes they sound just pedestrian.)

I have enough life experience and a big-enough record collection to know that I'm wrong. I must be. (For the record, I could listen to those early Model 15 Soundcloud demos all day....)

But I'm happy you all are happy!

• Sounds gritty and fat. I’m interested. To maintain my interest, I need to know if it is universal and if it supports AU. If it isn’t, there are others that are...

• @Audiojunkie said:
    Sounds gritty and fat. I’m interested. To maintain my interest, I need to know if it is universal and if it supports AU. If it isn’t, there are others that are...

AU yes.

Universal.

Started framework in place and will be like all his apps.

• Underrated developers. Love everything they've made.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    It's threads like these that make me realize I must be a fake synth fan. These videos sound unremittingly awful to me! (That's not totally true; sometimes they sound just pedestrian.)

I have enough life experience and a big-enough record collection to know that I'm wrong. I must be. (For the record, I could listen to those early Model 15 Soundcloud demos all day....)

Don't judge the synth by my odd taste of what I played......LOL

It is not the synth's fault...

• @Samu said:
    Does VOLT allow the oscillator pulse width to be modulated by an envelope?

Top of my head, not in front of it.

Yes.

Bunch of details I didn't even mess with for vid

Just wanted give a taste I got so excited messing around thought some others might dig it.

• @Audiojunkie said:
    Sounds gritty and fat. I’m interested. To maintain my interest, I need to know if it is universal and if it supports AU. If it isn’t, there are others that are...

Fat

Fo sho

• @RUST( i )K said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    It's threads like these that make me realize I must be a fake synth fan. These videos sound unremittingly awful to me! (That's not totally true; sometimes they sound just pedestrian.)

A good craftsman never blames his tools! Honorable take, Rustik.

But this isn't the only one like this. I'm just realizing that I'm a guitar guy in synth drag....

• edited March 2018

@RUST( i )K said:

@Audiojunkie said:

AU yes.

Universal.

AU and Universal. Sounds like an insta-buy to me :smile: Who is the developer? What are his other apps?

• @nrgb said:
    Underrated developers. Love everything they've made.

This dude is detail orientated

I can attest to the thorough beta experience.

This guy takes it serious.

This is his first synth so he will have this thing perfect doubt.

His FX apps are pure refinement and quality for the that style of effect make up

• @Audiojunkie said:

AU and Universal. Sounds like an insta-buy to me :smile: Who is the developer? What are his other apps?

Kai Aras/Numerical Audio behind gems such as RP-1 (my favourite delay), RF-1, VC-1 and Italizer (Dub Siren with Tape-Delay). It will be an insta-buy for me too...

• @Audiojunkie said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@Audiojunkie said:

AU yes.

Universal.

http://numericalaudio.com

You know who it is!

http://numericalaudio.com/rp1/index.html

http://numericalaudio.com/vc1/index.html

http://numericalaudio.com/rf1/index.html

• Ah yes! I have all of his apps! :blush:

• @Audiojunkie said:
    Ah yes! I have all of his apps! :blush:

Right!

I guess I should have been more clear who this was from

• @Samu said:

@Audiojunkie said:

Kai Aras/Numerical Audio behind gems such as RP-1 (my favourite delay), RF-1, VC-1 and Italizer (Dub Siren with Tape-Delay). It will be an insta-buy for me too...

Precise Fx and a super sexy interface for each of them

AND I LIKE THE OPTION TO USE AU or NOT!

I will get back to you on the other

• To be fair, recording with iOS screen recording only records in mono so that could hurt the sound quality

• @Samu said:

Right on cue ;)

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

But this isn't the only one like this. I'm just realizing that I'm a guitar guy in synth drag....

I am not a synth guy so much as a sampler guy and this will sound great next to my turntable scratches of cavorting farm animals.

• @YZJustDatGuy said:
    To be fair, recording with iOS screen recording only records in mono so that could hurt the sound quality

BIG TIME!

• @ExAsperis99 said:

I’m not hearing the love either lol. Then again, I’m beginning to love the sound of weird digital type synths stuff and wind instruments more. Maybe I’m just going through a bored with analog subtractive type sounds for a while.

No doubt I will buy it anyway lol

• @oat_phipps said:

@Samu said:

Right on cue ;)

Can't help it being a PWM addict and that was the first cable I patched (envelope->pulse-width) on the Microbrute when I messed around with in the music store some time ago, and LFO was saved for pitch modulation/vibrato :)

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

I’m not hearing the love either lol. Then again, I’m beginning to love the sound of weird digital type synths stuff and wind instruments more. Maybe I’m just going through a bored with analog subtractive type sounds for a while.

No doubt I will buy it anyway lol

Right.

I just gave up saying I am not in need or impressed.

11 granular synths later.

How many do I use in any songs?

1 in 2 years....

But if that day comes I need one, well I have a page worth or $150 Granular synth apps! LOL

• @AudioGus said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

I am not a synth guy so much as a sampler guy and this will sound great next to my turntable scratches of cavorting farm animals.

I don't even know what to say....

• @Samu said:

@oat_phipps said:

@Samu said:

Right on cue ;)

Can't help it being a PWM addict and that was the first cable I patched (envelope->pulse-width) on the Microbrute when I messed around with in the music store some time ago, and LFO was saved for pitch modulation/vibrato :)

Hey where did that oscillator come from...... ;)