Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Groove Rider GR-16 Released!

Comments

• edited March 2018

@jimpavloff said:

@BiancaNeve said:
    All this talk of C0 etc is pretty meaningless really since C0 is undefined

The only thing midi defines is that middle C is midi note 60. But midi 60 seems to be called different things in different daws.

Plus it seems everything has its own settings anyway

For example
    Beathawk: MIDI Trigger Layout (copied from another post)
    48 (C3) 49 (C#3) 50 (D3) 51 (D#3)
    44 (G#2) 45 (A2) 46 (A#2) 47 (B2)
    40 (E2) 41 (F2) 42 (F#2) 43 (G2)
    36 (C2) 37 (C#2) 38(D2) 39 (D#2)

If we talking about midi specification standard, then C0 = 24. The lowest note available is C-2 (0). The middle C (60) is C3. For example, Ableton Live follows this convention. And yes, in GR-16 (in the Step Editor), as well as in Electribe, lowest note called C-1, and middle C is C4.

• C-2 is for nutters. C4 is middle C and I don't care what anyone says :#

• @LucidMusicInc said:

@BiancaNeve said:
    All this talk of C0 etc is pretty meaningless really since C0 is undefined

The only thing midi defines is that middle C is midi note 60. But midi 60 seems to be called different things in different daws.

Middle c is C4

In some setups it is. In others, it is C3

• edited March 2018

@jimpavloff just wondering if you thought about putting a pitch function -127 - +127 in Parts settings and slice edit window? I think it will give more accuracy than the pitch dial which is quite jumpy due to touchscreen after touch.

• @stormbeats said:
    @jimpavloff just wondering if you thought about putting a pitch function -127 - +127 in Parts settings and slice edit window? I think it will give more accuracy than the pitch dial which is quite jumpy due to touchscreen after touch.

I'm considering the way of enabling fine adjustments for the Pitch knob itself, but did not found a solution yet.

• I would welcome a totally new AU app which allows us to use just samples and MIDI out based on GR16 as well as a version which is the synth side and MIDI out, plus a MIDI out only AU. I can see how having all three in one AU would be too much for Apple’s current AU standard.

Being able to integrate an AU based on GR16 in an all AU setup would be awesome.

The AU version of BeatHawk isn’t too functional for creating patterns or songs but being able to create them in the IAA version and then load them in as part of an all AU setup is.

Being able to create a bank in GR16 and then export it into AU inspired GR16 which could automatically separate it into two synth/sample instances would be great. The MIDI out with the option to eliminate the sample/synth part would really facilitate being able to go from sketch to final track process.

If you should ever reach a point where the output is all MIDI, there could also be the case for a GR16 inspired MIDI only AU which could read in banks from GR16, or GR16 inspired AU and include only the MIDI info for the MIDI AU banks. This would minimize resources while at the same time facilitate the sketch to final track process.

I would still continue to use GR16 as is as well.

• Is there a huge difference sound wise if I change the internal sampling of GR-16 to 48khz and 24 bit instead of 44.1 and 16 bit?

• @jimpavloff said:

@stormbeats said:

I'm considering the way of enabling fine adjustments for the Pitch knob itself, but did not found a solution yet.

ok cool

• @InfoCheck said:
    I would welcome a totally new AU app which allows us to use just samples and MIDI out based on GR16 as well as a version which is the synth side and MIDI out, plus a MIDI out only AU. I can see how having all three in one AU would be too much for Apple’s current AU standard.

Being able to integrate an AU based on GR16 in an all AU setup would be awesome.

The AU version of BeatHawk isn’t too functional for creating patterns or songs but being able to create them in the IAA version and then load them in as part of an all AU setup is.

Being able to create a bank in GR16 and then export it into AU inspired GR16 which could automatically separate it into two synth/sample instances would be great. The MIDI out with the option to eliminate the sample/synth part would really facilitate being able to go from sketch to final track process.

If you should ever reach a point where the output is all MIDI, there could also be the case for a GR16 inspired MIDI only AU which could read in banks from GR16, or GR16 inspired AU and include only the MIDI info for the MIDI AU banks. This would minimize resources while at the same time facilitate the sketch to final track process.

My current thought about GR16 AU is one unit which could play 16 parts/sounds. So, in theory, you would be able to export one pattern to a midi file from GR-16 and import it in your DAW into one track with GR-16 AU, and play it with all the 16 parts/sounds there. However, you won't be able to change patterns - only one pattern (16 prepared sounds in one AU instance) could be played this way.
    About all midi GR-inspired AU step sequencer - it is an interesting story too, but for a whole separate project. Too many things that should work technically different from that GR-16 currently is.

• @jimpavloff said:

@InfoCheck said:
    I would welcome a totally new AU app which allows us to use just samples and MIDI out based on GR16 as well as a version which is the synth side and MIDI out, plus a MIDI out only AU. I can see how having all three in one AU would be too much for Apple’s current AU standard.

My current thought about GR16 AU is one unit which could play 16 parts/sounds. So, in theory, you would be able to export one pattern to a midi file from GR-16 and import it in your DAW into one track with GR-16 AU, and play it with all the 16 parts/sounds there. However, you won't be able to change patterns - only one pattern (16 prepared sounds in one AU instance) could be played this way.
    About all midi GR-inspired AU step sequencer - it is an interesting story too, but for a whole separate project. Too many things that should work technically different from that GR-16 currently is.

AU idea sounds great

• Guys how can I adjust tempo it’s stuck at 108.4 but I can only change the whole number but not decimal. I want it at 108. Thanks!

• edited March 2018

@MusicMan4Christ said:
    Guys how can I adjust tempo it’s stuck at 108.4 but I can only change the whole number but not decimal. I want it at 108. Thanks!

Hold shift for decimal adjustments. When in doubt, try holding shift in general

• The famous Shift :D i love it!!! Thanks for quick response!

• @jimpavloff said:

@InfoCheck said:

This sounds good! This would be in the existing app, right? Not a new or separate app?

• @Audiojunkie said:

@jimpavloff said:

@InfoCheck said:

This sounds good! This would be in the existing app, right? Not a new or separate app?

Synth only AU is possible in this app. Sequencer AU - in a separate app.

• edited March 2018

@jimpavloff said:

@Audiojunkie said:

@jimpavloff said:

@InfoCheck said:

Synth only AU is possible in this app. Sequencer AU - in a separate app.

Any thoughts on supporting Midi out so we could use GrooveRider to sequence up to 16 soft and hardware devices :)

• @jimpavloff jim thanks thanks thanks for listening dude - HaaS effect Excellent - supercool update v1.3.3 - like I keep saying GR is KING - :-)

• @stormbeats said:
    @jimpavloff jim thanks thanks thanks for listening dude - HaaS effect Excellent - supercool update v1.3.3 - like I keep saying GR is KING - :-)

I don't know how he does it... and find the time to interact with this forum...

Thank you..

• @RajahP said:

@stormbeats said:
    @jimpavloff jim thanks thanks thanks for listening dude - HaaS effect Excellent - supercool update v1.3.3 - like I keep saying GR is KING - :-)

I don't know how he does it... and find the time to interact with this forum...

Thank you..

yep - Jim has changed the face of iOS beat making - and more !!!!!! king.

• edited March 2018

@jimpavloff yo i just emailed you a pattern (dinah88bpm) so you can hear what I do with GR - be good to get a page on this forum - "Grooverider Beats" for us to upload tracks all made with GR if Audiobus forum allows it

• cool! Would like to hear it.

@stormbeats said:
    @jimpavloff yo i just emailed you a pattern (dinah88bpm) so you can hear what I do with GR - be good to get a page on this forum - "Grooverider Beats" for us to upload tracks all made with GR if Audiobus allow it

• It amazes me how AU people are willing to go to such ridiculously far fetched extremes and pay all kinds of money for single purpose apps. GR16 is a complete package. The only thing limitation is your willingness to use it the way it was intended.

• @LucidMusicInc said:
    It amazes me how AU people are willing to go to such ridiculously far fetched extremes and pay all kinds of money for single purpose apps. GR16 is a complete package. The only thing limitation is your willingness to use it the way it was intended.

agree 100%

• @LucidMusicInc said:
    It amazes me how AU people are willing to go to such ridiculously far fetched extremes and pay all kinds of money for single purpose apps. GR16 is a complete package. The only thing limitation is your willingness to use it the way it was intended.

I’m an AU person who completely agrees with this. It’s a beautiful package the way it is.

• edited March 2018

Two month since released, and we now have the 13:th update to Groove Rider GR16!

And almost every update contain not only bugfixes, it contain new good features!

Three words: Unbelievable. Fantastic. Addictive!!!

• I agree the best and awesome app ever!

• edited March 2018

@LucidMusicInc said:

Absolutely and thank you for saying it!

And this new delay had me grinning as it just got wider and wider and wider. Thank you Jim!

• @jimpavloff : Has anyone mentioned the new Stereo Haas type psycho acoustic delay thingy on the last update . We’ve all been clamoring for it .. Thanks SO much Jim! This should add some speciality to the samples!

• edited March 2018

What’s the most recent manual?
    EDIT: Wow: manual is completely up-to-date. @jimpavloff How are you doing this?

https://www.jimaudio.pro/grooverider/grooverider_manual.pdf

• The user and all related content has been deleted.