Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

TARDIGRAIN Granular Synth/Sampler - Standalone & AUv3 - Demo for the iPad

Here is my demo for Tardigrain, this is one spooky sounding app

You can get Tardigrain here at the App Store
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/tardigrain/id1344470087?mt=8&uo=4&at=1l3voJz

Comments

• edited March 2018

I knew you’d be on the case with this one, Doug. It’s ia wonderful app. Like a ghost box for the iPad, without the risk of real EVP.

• @Zen210507 said:
    I knew you’d be on the case with this one, Doug. It’s ia wonderful app. Like a ghost box for the iPad, without the risk of real EVP.

What’s EVP and should I be in fear? :p

• edited March 2018

@Fruitbat1919 said:

>

EVP = Electronic Voice Phenomenon. Basically, the idea of letting a recording device run in an empty room, and seeing what it picks up. Sometimes there are what sounds like ‘voices’ which some say are the dead.

FWIW, I investigated this area many years ago, and discovered that whatever is actually happening, the more interested you are in it, the more interested it is in you. So it’s a bit like an Ouija board: best not mess.

• @Zen210507 said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

>

EVP = Electronic Voice Phenomenon. Basically, the idea of letting a recording device run in an empty room, and seeing what it picks up. Sometimes there are what sounds like ‘voices’ which some say are the dead.

FWIW, I investigated this area many years ago, and discovered that whatever is actually happening, the more interested you are in it, the more interested it is in you. So it’s a bit like an Ouija board: best not mess.

O yes I remember I have a film about that somewhere. Thanks.

• edited March 2018

Didn't refresh browser before commenting... Nothing to see here.

• edited March 2018

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    O yes I remember I have a film about that somewhere. Thanks.

>

You are welcome. I’m not saying EVP is real, or that it isn’t real. All I know is that sometimes things can happen, that mess with people’s minds.

Playing with Tardigrain seems like a better deal. :)

• @Zen210507 said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

>

Bloody hell yeah - I remember when I was at school, a mate bought a monthly paranormal mag that had a flexi cover disks with this stuff on it. One voice sticks in my mind saying 'zenta....zenta...'. Creepy as anything. We were going to try the tape recorder thing but bottled it.

• @MonzoPro said:
    Bloody hell yeah - I remember when I was at school, a mate bought a monthly paranormal mag that had a flexi cover disks with this stuff on it. One voice sticks in my mind saying 'zenta....zenta...'. Creepy as anything. We were going to try the tape recorder thing but bottled it.

>

It is a seriously weird thing, Monzo.

If for arguments sake something is out there, then inviting it into your life is not recommended. If the ‘something’ is all in our minds, then it’s still bad news.

• @Zen210507 said:

@MonzoPro said:

>

If for arguments sake something is out there, then inviting it into your life is not recommended. If the ‘something’ is all in our minds, then it’s still bad news.

Years later, I bought a Kate Bush album, and wanting to keep the record in good nick, taped a version to play on the hifi. I used to work while listening to it, and kept hearing hunting horns, which was weird as I was in an upstairs flat. I put it down to the neighbours telly, until I found it was actually on the tape I'd recorded, between two KB tracks. And the noise was not on the record, so somehow this had been 'picked up' during the recording. It was a very creepy hunting horn sound, and freaked me out so much I erased the tape.

A few weeks later something woke me and the Mrs up in the early hours. We both sat up bolt upright, and just as I was about to ask her what she'd heard the noise came again - a very loud, hunting horn.

• @thesoundtestroom said:

Thanks Doug, will check out the vid. Sorry for going off-topic with old ghost stories.

• @MonzoPro said:
    It was a very creepy hunting horn sound, and freaked me out so much I erased the tape.

Smart move.

Whatever this is, be it from within ourselves or without, it tries to get your attention. Then the more you pay attention, the more stuff happens.

• @MonzoPro said:

@Zen210507 said:

@MonzoPro said:

>

Years later, I bought a Kate Bush album, and wanting to keep the record in good nick, taped a version to play on the hifi. I used to work while listening to it, and kept hearing hunting horns, which was weird as I was in an upstairs flat. I put it down to the neighbours telly, until I found it was actually on the tape I'd recorded, between two KB tracks. And the noise was not on the record, so somehow this had been 'picked up' during the recording. It was a very creepy hunting horn sound, and freaked me out so much I erased the tape.

A few weeks later something woke me and the Mrs up in the early hours. We both sat up bolt upright, and just as I was about to ask her what she'd heard the noise came again - a very loud, hunting horn.

That’s gave me chills, I’d definitely watch the movie! ;)

• @MonzoPro said:

@thesoundtestroom said:

Thanks Doug, will check out the vid. Sorry for going off-topic with old ghost stories.

@MonzoPro Hey, it’s no problem, personally I love all that stuff, I find it all very interesting, although we don’t dabble in anything from the other side

• @Keenan said:
    That’s gave me chills, I’d definitely watch the movie! ;)

>

Sometimes, watching stuff indicates an interest an it’s like that is noticed.

When I was looking into this, I met a bloke who’d watched a movie about Shadow People, and then started seeing them for real at the foot of his bed. But he was probably one in a hundred thousand, or more.

• So I just work out that if you use the Copy Audio function in Tardigrain, then use the PASTE Audio function in the AUv3 version you can then get your patches/samples to work that way

So I just work out that if you use the Copy Audio function in Tardigrain, then use the PASTE Audio function in the AUv3 version you can then get your patches/samples to work that way

Although I may be wrong because it doesn’t sound the same, I don’t know...doh

@thesoundtestroom said:
    So I just work out that if you use the Copy Audio function in Tardigrain, then use the PASTE Audio function in the AUv3 version you can then get your patches/samples to work that way

Although I may be wrong because it doesn’t sound the same, I don’t know...doh

It just pastes the audio Doug, but doesn't copy across the settings you've used in the patch.

• This app is possessed in BM3 - I’m sure some things are moving on their own lol

ah brilliant thanks Doug :)
    That's the only way that works for me right now getting samples into the AU

@MonzoPro said:

@thesoundtestroom said:

@MonzoPro Hey, it’s no problem, personally I love all that stuff, I find it all very interesting, although we don’t dabble in anything from the other side

I was the same with ITV back in the day, BBC all the way for us.

I find it all very interesting, although we don’t dabble in anything from the other side.

>

Yeah, Android sucks. ;)

• Tardigrain just got updated...

• Just spotted first fix in App Store. Fast worker, Erik.

• Great still not showing user presets in AUv3 in AUM but early days.

• Update doesn’t fix my BM3 issue, Pro 9.7 latest iOS.

I’m open to it being human error but I get a “Cannot Instantiate” message.

Great app otherwise.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @MonzoPro said:

@Zen210507 said:

@MonzoPro said:

>

So... Where do you live now? LOL

• edited March 2018

I just spent 10 minutes listening to the « humble - tears in rain » preset. This app is crazy

• Working now after recent update! :)

@Dawdles said:
    Yeh still no user patches in AU for me too. Not sure what the release notes are referring to with ‘fixing AUv3 preset loading’. Seems exactly the same as it was in this area? Unless some people were getting crashes or something when loading presets and that’s been fixed?