Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Does anyone actually use Amsterdam?

2»

Comments

• He did a good job on the translation, although it doesn't quite have the visceral power of the original:

• edited February 2018

Amsterdam experiences go a while back. Last short stay was 5 years ago. What stuck with me was a very touristic city and crowed everywhere. We wanted to visit the Rijksmuseum and Van Gogh but queues were just too long. In the end we made it to the red light disctrict, also very, very crowed and coffeeshops (where you could buy pot) everywhere. We stayed in a place called the Arena, which also had such a coffeeshop inside. Somehow it reminded me of Venice, a dead city living on tourist attractions and the past image of a laid back hippie city. Also Amsterdam is quite small, you don't have the space of cities of London and Paris. Don't know how this all developed and how the city is nowadays maybe it's more relaxed.
    Earlier visits where more than 10 years ago when I traveled as backpacker with different interests. What I remember is I bumped into a lot of older English guys that somehow stayed in this city because of the nice atmosphere (they said). Cannot recall something special besides a lot of boys and good looking girls handing out flyers for cheap sleeping accommodation and religious stuff as Youth for Christ at the station.

Checked out the EX, but that kind of music is unfortunately not my taste. I however can see that some people are attracted to it. Some reminds me of Mark Smiths Fall, also going on and on :)

• @greengrocer said:
    Amsterdam experiences go a while back. Last short stay was 5 years ago. What stuck with me was a very touristic city and crowed everywhere. We wanted to visit the Rijksmuseum and Van Gogh but queues were just too long. In the end we made it to the red light disctrict, also very, very crowed and coffeeshops (where you could buy pot) everywhere. We stayed in a place called the Arena, which also had such a coffeeshop inside. Somehow it reminded me of Venice, a dead city living on tourist attractions and the past image of a laid back hippie city. Also Amsterdam is quite small, you don't have the space of cities of London and Paris. Don't know how this all developed and how the city is nowadays maybe it's more relaxed.
    Earlier visits where more than 10 years ago when I traveled as backpacker with different interests. What I remember is I bumped into a lot of older English guys that somehow stayed in this city because of the nice atmosphere (they said). Cannot recall something special besides a lot of boys and good looking girls handing out flyers for cheap sleeping accommodation and religious stuff as Youth for Christ at the station.

Checked out the EX, but that kind of music is unfortunately not my taste. I however can see that some people are attracted to it. Some reminds me of Mark Smiths Fall, also going on and on :)

Unfortunately the city is now in the same situation as Barcelona. Citizens are getting fed up with the flocks of tourists who come round, thinking that there are no rules and you can basically do anything you want here. They are busy promoting other places in the Netherlands to visit because it is getting crazier each year. The city is burdened by it's own reputation.

• @VincentT said:

@greengrocer said:

Unfortunately the city is now in the same situation as Barcelona. Citizens are getting fed up with the flocks of tourists who come round, thinking that there are no rules and you can basically do anything you want here. They are busy promoting other places in the Netherlands to visit because it is getting crazier each year. The city is burdened by it's own reputation.

That sounds awful. Seems it's going the same way as for example Venice where all original residents are driven out of the city by exploding prices or have to use rent their place (AirBnB) for most of the time to afford living.

• @VincentT said:

@greengrocer said:

They need to consult Las Vegas city officials for advice. I have no idea how they manage to keep that place under control.

• @greengrocer said:

@VincentT said:

@greengrocer said:

That sounds awful. Seems it's going the same way as for example Venice where all original residents are driven out of the city by exploding prices or have to use rent their place (AirBnB) for most of the time to afford living.

Venice is crazy since they still have active gang problems and a homeless army mixing with some super-wealthy new residents. It will be interesting to see how things progress there.

• Redundancy becoming an issue for me with Gadget.

$20 here
    $20 there
    $20 here
    $20 there
    $ for preset bank a
    $ for a booster

Starting to feel like a sugar daddy.

The midi control of play was great.

Maybe the feeling Gadget is starting to give would change when an update was an actual update and didn't cost us money.

I don't mind paying, but starting to feel like a one trick pony. I buy thinking "yay" Gadget will rise as the leader.

Weah whheaayyyy.

Nope.

With all the amazing synths out there Gadget needs to show some value to the music making experience for me personally besides a synth or drum player.

They haven't done it since AbuDhabi. That was new idea.

The rest were less than innovative and out done by other apps out there.

Give me a real audio lab to play with waveforms for Christs sake.

• @CracklePot said:

@VincentT said:

@greengrocer said:

They need to consult Las Vegas city officials for advice. I have no idea how they manage to keep that place under control.

The mob.

• edited February 2018

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@CracklePot said:

@VincentT said:

@greengrocer said:

The mob.

There is no such thing as the mob Johnny.

B)

• @RUST( i )K said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@CracklePot said:

@VincentT said:

@greengrocer said:

The mob.

B)

Yes there is, it is run by The Dougfather

• @RUST( i )K said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@CracklePot said:

@VincentT said:

@greengrocer said:

The mob.

B)

There's always a Mob; it's the civic analogue.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@CracklePot said:

@VincentT said:

@greengrocer said:

The mob.

B)

There's always a Mob; it's the civic analogue.

It was a very poor joke on my part.

Fail

• Is this a clue to a new Gadget? I live opposite LCY.

• Lol..I used it on a beat that plays as my alarm on my phone to wake me up every morning.

• Bloody hell, due to the weather most of Gadget is shut down:

• @u0421793 said:
    Bloody hell, due to the weather most of Gadget is shut down:

Luckily Gadget heats up the cpu pretty fast ;)

• edited March 2018

Damnit, how come I don't have the Paris and Geneva gadgets?

• @richardyot said:

Well there's Montreal, which is a little bit like Paris...

• @LucidMusicInc said:

@richardyot said:

No it's not - they speak a version of french no-one can understand!

• wimwim
    edited March 2018

@richardyot said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@richardyot said:

No it's not - they speak a version of french no-one can understand!

I'll never forget when I was in a bar in Canada and an interview in Paris of the Canadian Prime Minister was telecast with subtitles though he was speaking French. More than a few beer mugs came very close to being thrown through the TV screen, and I came very close to peeing myself trying not to laugh out loud. :D