Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Tardigrain Granular Synth | Shut up and Play | Sound Demo

I just turn off the microphone and mess around with the new granular synth. I sample my voice and a flutophone. Import a string sample and then I import a tiny timbre that I created for Animoog.

Its a pretty fantastic sounding app, in my opinion.

Comments

• That's bonkers, thank you - I think it would be rude not to buy this.

• @MonzoPro its definitely a no brainer purchase. The clarity the app gets from the grains is insane to me. It doesn't sound fuzzy unless you want it to.

• @gmslayton said:
    @MonzoPro its definitely a no brainer purchase. The clarity the app gets from the grains is insane to me. It doesn't sound fuzzy unless you want it to.

I was wondering about a possible overlap between this and iDensity before I saw your video, but it looks like it's a much more playable app, as opposed to iDensity's automated thing.

• @gmslayton Hi I see you importing via general pasteboard with a right touch and the selecting the filter attack sustain section. I’m having problems hitting these functions for some reason. I got into the sliders view now can’t get back?

• Neon water bear logo! I think I should probably get this. B)
    Thank you, A. Dabbler, sir. :)

• @Jumpercollins Its a little tricky. It should be a single tap to get the slider in and out. Try in the middle of the slider bar or right in front of it.

• @gmslayton cheers will give that a go.

• @MonzoPro Similar to iDensity but yes way more playable instead of just knob and slider tweaking like iDensity.

• Best grain synth on iOS yet (IMO etc)

• Right, you talked me into it. I bet this would sound great through Discord4....I'm going in...

• Sound design with this should be fun. You convinced me to purchase it

• No App Store link :'(

• edited February 2018

Bought it this morning. Love it!

Works in everything I have including BM3 with lots of parameters exposed for automation, etc. accept it doesn’t appear to work in Auria.

But keep in mind, this is Humble Tune Erik Sigth. This dev will be crushing any stray bugs with lightning speed just as soon as he wakes up... and likely before. :)

• @tja App store link is in the video description. but I can post it right here too.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tardigrain/id1344470087?mt=8&at=1010luhU

Its my affiliate link though.

• It’s completely mad, but I like it. Wish it was possible for user presets to appear in the AU version though.

• @MonzoPro is there some apps that have this ability? maybe we can link up the developers.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited February 2018

@gmslayton said:
    @MonzoPro is there some apps that have this ability? maybe we can link up the developers.

Ah, to be honest I’m not sure - maybe it’s not possible.

I’m using the workaround suggested by Samu for copying audio from standalone to the AU (though you can’t copy settings across), what would speed things up is if the audio paste option was visible in the AU.

• @gmslayton said:
    @tja App store link is in the video description. but I can post it right here too.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tardigrain/id1344470087?mt=8&at=1010luhU

Its my affiliate link though.

I used it, loving your videos ;-)

• @gmslayton your fly out above the keyboard looks like it works easier for you. He must not of aligned the trigger point just right for the 10.5 cuz it's tricky as hell to trip. Easier to close, but super finicky to open.

I've got his whole collection of apps and dig them all. But the one called elsa has some similarities with this new one. Though, Tardigrain is more complex overall, yet somewhat less cryptic interface. It's my new favorite of his for sure.

• @skiphunt well, that's the magic of video editing. The slide out has some issues that I cut out of the video but it's not a deal breaker for the app. Just needs a little polish and it will be set.

• edited March 2018

Found a little bit of a trick with getting the fly out to work. Just touch and hold on it for half a second or so, when you release it opens almost every time. Ok maybe a full second.

• @JudgeDredd said:
    Found a little bit of a trick with getting the fly out to work. Just touch and hold on it for half a second or so, when you release it opens almost every time. Ok maybe a full second.

Seems to me all controls around the edges are touchy. Isn’t that the iOS 11 thing that @brambos and others had to deal with recently?

• @anickt said:

@JudgeDredd said:

Seems to me all controls around the edges are touchy. Isn’t that the iOS 11 thing that @brambos and others had to deal with recently?

Me too. Hard to persuade the infinity button to engage.

• Do the samples need to be in a certain key to work properly?

• @gmslayton said:
    Its a pretty fantastic sounding app, in my opinion.

Amen. Great demo, and very useable app. No fuss, no excuses, everything just works. Well done Mr Erik!

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@anickt said:

@JudgeDredd said:

Me too. Hard to persuade the infinity button to engage.

Yeah me too.

• iPhone X, a lot of edge controls can’t be used.

• I'm loosing my sanity regarding the 'loop' function in Tardigrain, Maybe it's buggy?
    When using the loop tool the start&end markers both just get a 0.0s time indication?!