Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

LOOPTUNES DJ by Sonicreef - Demo & Tutorial for the iPad

Here is a demo and part tutorial for LooptunesDJ but mainly it's focused on the LooptunesHD part of the app

You can get LooptunesDJ here at the App Store
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/looptunesdj/id1199124759?mt=8&uo=4&at=1l3voJz

Comments

• Looks very cool.
    Does it have midi learn? Would I be able to control with my circuit pads n pots?

• Yes it has full and complete midi learn

• Thanks for the reply Doug. And great video.
    On my way to check it out.

• Maybe I’m missing something,, but just not getting apps like this. It isn’t really a rival to Blocs Wave, and as a DJ console doesn’t do anything new, such as support NAS drives. Why don’t some devs understand how awful iTunes is, and that iPad storage is still too small to hold large, high quality, music collections.

• @Zen210507 said:
    Maybe I’m missing something,, but just not getting apps like this. It isn’t really a rival to Blocs Wave, and as a DJ console doesn’t do anything new, such as support NAS drives. Why don’t some devs understand how awful iTunes is, and that iPad storage is still too small to hold large, high quality, music collections.

well, for starters, it's one of the few DJ apps supporting Ableton Link. It's probably the only DJ app that lets you augment your songs with loadable loops. And, on top of iTunes song support, you can also get songs into the app via the files app in iOS 11, or other apps like iFunBox.
    Looptunes is not a rival to Blocs Wave, or Launchpad, or DJay, it's in it's own league of being a music performance app.

Great video btw, Doug.

• @sonicreef said:
    well, for starters, it's one of the few DJ apps supporting Ableton Link.

>

Great. Add NAS support and I will buy it. :)

• Yep, one thing that you cannot see in the excellent video of Doug is the song decks (IAP but very cheap) that let you play your itune song library and makes it synchronized with your loops. This works very very well and it is amazingly usefull and creative...simply a must

• @Zen210507 said:

@sonicreef said:
    well, for starters, it's one of the few DJ apps supporting Ableton Link.

>

Great. Add NAS support and I will buy it. :)

you have NAS support through the files app, don't you?

• @sonicreef said:
    you have NAS support through the files app, don't you?

>

Not directly, unless it is well hidden. I can read the NAS via third party app FileBrowser from within Apple’s file’s app. But what I had in mind was the elegance of MusicStreamer style connectivity.

The first DJ app to offer something like that, directly, would have a unique selling point. MusicStreamer itself, by Stratospherix, is super reliable and streams to Air Play devices. Playlists are handled flawlessly. What it does not offer, is DJ mixing functions, etc.

• Hey Doug, thank you for another fab & fun demo as always! A Quik question, could you please post the link to the electronic sounds website you referenced for loops, as I cannot locate it anywhere? Thanx again, Cheers!

• Awesome sauce thank you! Another question, how does one delete a loop or replace a new loop on the individual pad when I loaded a duplicate loop by mistake? Thanx again!

• @ElektrikDiva said:
    Awesome sauce thank you! Another question, how does one delete a loop or replace a new loop on the individual pad when I loaded a duplicate loop by mistake? Thanx again!

Select the PAD button, then make sure you have SELECT enabled...you can then drag your loop off of the grid to remove it.

• A big thank you Andy, I would have never figured that out on my own but I tried everything but that! Cheers!!!

• crashes alot for me...like, everytime

• @ElektrikDiva said:
    A big thank you Andy, I would have never figured that out on my own but I tried everything but that! Cheers!!!

You're welcome...I had to ask originally too :)

• @AndyPlankton said:

@ElektrikDiva said:
    Awesome sauce thank you! Another question, how does one delete a loop or replace a new loop on the individual pad when I loaded a duplicate loop by mistake? Thanx again!

Select the PAD button, then make sure you have SELECT enabled...you can then drag your loop off of the grid to remove it.

Look at you LoopTunes master Jedi!

• @RUST( i )K said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@ElektrikDiva said:

Look at you LoopTunes master Jedi!

Tunes Loop did I

• @AndyPlankton said:

@ElektrikDiva said:
    A big thank you Andy, I would have never figured that out on my own but I tried everything but that! Cheers!!!

2nd paragraph in the manual: looptunes.com/manual.html

• @LeonLeroy said:
    crashes alot for me...like, everytime

when does it crash, what version are you running? what are you doing right before the crash?

• @sonicreef said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@ElektrikDiva said:

A link to the manual from the app would help......apologies if there is one already, but I cannot find one.

• @AndyPlankton said:

@sonicreef said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@ElektrikDiva said:

A link to the manual from the app would help......apologies if there is one already, but I cannot find one.

good idea. I'll add it to the help pages.

• Thanks Doug- great again. This looks tremendous.
    So you can load sessions And also loops on the fly?
    Doug- is yours link there for the HD version?

• Is it possible to get your imported loops from Audioshare into the browser- or how are they filed?