Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Xesquence vs Quantum sequencer?

2»

Comments

• @SevenSystems something I just noticed - is there a tap tempo option for setting the tempo?

• @JonLewis: Not currently... but would be quite easy to add.

• i would love it! I like to start by noodling around until I find a phrase/riff I like, and then set the tempo by tapping the pulse of what i just played.

• @JonLewis: I never use tap tempo in other apps because most implementations I've seen are very simplistic and thus inaccurate (measured tempo changes wildly with every tap, etc...)... but I do have a plan for a better implementation. Added to the roadmap! :)

• Hmmm.. Interesting .. I have both but haven’t spent enough time with xesquence . I’m gonna remedy that .

• Hey @JonLewis can you give us a clue as to when the next update is coming out? Can’t wait for that new generative option.

• @RJB: Not sure if JonLewis has the answer, but if I may: ;) Xequence 1.7 is now entering private beta testing and the update shouldn't take longer than 1-2 weeks from now to arrive :)

• Awesome and sorry for the confusion :#

• @SevenSystems said:
    But fear not, we're working hard to have the "Generative music" camp covered in the next update :) (early preview)

Have you looked at the Random tool in Ableton Live?
    Also, check out CHANCE TEN from Isotonik Studios:
    https://isotonikstudios.com/product/chance-ten-probability-based-inspiration/
    Also, will you support PerStep probability?

Good luck. Chance, Randomness and Probability are all things I love in Live and would love to see on iOS. :)

• @echoopera said:
    Have you looked at the Random tool in Ableton Live?
    Also, check out CHANCE TEN from Isotonik Studios:
    https://isotonikstudios.com/product/chance-ten-probability-based-inspiration/
    Also, will you support PerStep probability?

I don't have Ableton Live and couldn't look at the videos from isotonikstudios as they timed out and I couldn't find them on Youtube so far... however, the generative module in Xequence is not probability-, but math-based. I haven't looked at other generative music software at all so I have no idea how good PolyHymnia is compared to the competition. But we'll find out soon enough! :)