Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Sensibly priced portable battery powered speaker?

Anyone have any recommendations?

Comments

• How loud do you need it?

• If you are looking for a small Bluetooth speaker, Bose Soundlink Mini (I or II) are great (II has reduced bass) - comes with rechargeable battery.

• What are you using it for?

• edited February 2018

@powerobject said:
    If you are looking for a small Bluetooth speaker, Bose Soundlink Mini (I or II) are great (II has reduced bass) - comes with rechargeable battery.

I thought that Bluetooth was not recommended for music writing due to latency problems?
    I use x-mini- rechargeable and a great sound- and very cheap

• Bose S1 Pro. I’m not sure what you mean by sensibly priced, but I just bought this one and it’s awesome. Has Bluetooth option also,as well as 3 channels. 6 hour battery at full power.

• "Sensibly priced" means not Bose.

• Love my Blackstar fly amp. Keyboards apps sound great and takes guitar pedals well. Tunes thru it sound ok. Placement is key with any of these things. AA batteries last long time.

• No question, Cambridge SoundWorks Oontz speakers.

Best bang for the buck every level.

• If you can find a cheap used one, a JBL Xtreme works nice via the aux in.

I had a UE Megaboom that I returned because the aux input had latency.

• Anything for around $5 ? ;)

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    No question, Cambridge SoundWorks Oontz speakers.

Wow, those sure look nice. I may have to try one. B)

• Minirigs have the best sound..
    https://minirigs.co.uk/

• edited February 2018

Creative soundblaster roar pro. They are very good.

https://uk.creative.com/p/speakers/sound-blaster-roar-pro

• It is curious what some folks here find sensibly priced. I guess it is all perspective.

• £18

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Multifunction-Portable-Electronic-Amplifier-Recorder/dp/B01EHP71K0

Not the highest possible fidelity obviously, but not bad volume or quality for the price and functions.

• edited February 2018

We still don’t know what OP had in mind either. I have a 200w skytek active speaker that keeps my deaf neighbour awake at night. It was £80

It works off a battery and is portable, it has a handle ;)

• @ExAsperis99 said:

I still use my Cambridge SoundWorks PCWorks speakers (20 years young) in a wooden cabinet I made out of found timber as a fun boombox.

Weighs a ton but much fun to make.

• For people looking for good products with low budgets, the Anker Soundcore is worth to consider. Sony SRS-XB10 is small, but useful, too.

For example:
    https://www.amazon.com/Anker-Soundcore-Portable-Bluetooth-Playtime/dp/B016XTADG2

• @BroCoast said:
    I had a UE Megaboom that I returned because the aux input had latency.

I have noted this with a couple of the portable wireless speakers I have tried. Most recently, I tried a Bose Soundlink Revolve thing that arrived in my house via a raffle event win and the latency through the AUX in is terrible.

• edited February 2018

@robosardine said:

@powerobject said:
    If you are looking for a small Bluetooth speaker, Bose Soundlink Mini (I or II) are great (II has reduced bass) - comes with rechargeable battery.

I thought that Bluetooth was not recommended for music writing due to latency problems?
    I use x-mini- rechargeable and a great sound- and very cheap

Yes, Bluetooth latency is unbearable and unusable but you can always use a male-to-male audio cable to plug it directly into your device. I thought a speaker this mini size is perfect for mobile music production (and do an orchestra inside your car :smiley:). I use it with an audio cable plugged in and not Bluetooth way while composing. For playback, you can switch to Bluetooth as latency doesn't matter during playback.

• I got the Sony SRS-XB3. Like so many other portable BT speakers, it's all about the bass. It'll do just fine when just messing around with random music apps and wanting something slightly better then the iPhone/iPad speakers.

If the BT speaker has a USB port for charging phones etc (like the above speaker), buying some random super cheap BT receiver from some random cheap Chinese gadget store will eliminate the latency. I plug mine into the USB on the Sony box and hook it up to the 3,5mm input. Any degradation in sound quality isn't exactly noticeable on these speakers anyways

• I like my JBL Go
    I do not like my JBL Flip 3 too much
    I love my Libratone Zipp

Three speakers in three different price categories

• I'd go with Boom 2 or Wonderboom. They both have great battery and low cost compared to their equals B)

• hi there...‘m looking for a recommendation that is very good at low bass as well.I need more „oomph“ ;-) but of course not too big or expensive if possible (arround 130-150€ i would say)

• I use the jbl charge 3, it's great sounding and I use it to create iPad jams on when I'm away from my monitors, I get really good final mixes it thru it actually, too many other speakers add too much bass

• ** side note....The jbl flips are not that great but they got it right with the charge 3

• I’m very happy with my Megaboom, no more big AUX input latency (perhaps 20 ms because of software processing), and I got it for 100 euros on Black Friday. Nice sound and powerful, top quality too.

• @CracklePot said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

Wow, those sure look nice. I may have to try one. B)

I have the smallest of these for traveling and like it. I’ve had it a couple years now. Solid and long battery life

• edited February 2019

Thanks,i got one now and i love it.Exactly what i was looking for.It has a lot of „ooomph“ for it“‘s small size and i tested it with a lot of deep (sub).bass.It‘s awesome how low it can go.The specs says only down to 65Hz but tha‘s a lie.A good one in this case :)

Only thing that really annoys me: it goes into powersafe mode after just 2-3 silent seconds and there is no way to deactivate it.But at least i could get rid of the horrible system sounds via the jbl app.

• If you want a big sound you can’t beat a 1990s boombox available from almost any charity shop.

they can sound awesome (where awesomeness is directly proportional to volume)

You can add Bluetooth with a cheap and cheerful dongle that’s as good as the Bluetooth in any other cheap speaker.

Abd they’re honest to goodness real stereo. Remember stereo? It used to be a thing before ‘smart’ speakers dumbed down the sound ;-)

They’re also just as suitable as a small Bluetooth speaker for monitoring (I.e not really suitable at all).

A set of decent quality D Cells will often cost more than the boombox itself.