Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Patterning question.

Is it possible to set up Patterning in such a way that I can select any pattern and it will start playing only on the completion of the current one? It just seems to be jumping to it instantly for me.

Comments

• Yes.

The timeline arrangement is a little ....interesting at first.

But, it jives.

You know FYI you can change patterns via midi as well as on Audiobus Remote.

• So is it possible? If so how do you achieve this?

• I'm not sure it can. Part of the issue is defining where the end of the pattern is- a non issue in 4/4, but you could have, say, the kick drum pattern be 64 beats long, and the snare pattern be 63 beats long, so it would only actually repeat every 10 minutes or something...

I think to do what we want, it would need some kind of "phantom" count of measures where you define the time signature.

• You can sequence your patterns in the timeline and play them in song mode, but if you want to switch patterns live I think it does it on press. The switch seems quantized, so it is smooth sounding. If you press near the end of a pattern, it sounds like you waited to the end.