Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Samplist is live on the App Store

Comments

• edited February 2018

On occasions, I’ve wanted that here, too. But on the whole I think it’s probably better for all of us to get some exposure to divergent views. Here is more like Babylon 5 , where ‘humans and aliens come together to work out their differences, and prevent another (flame) war.’ :)

I nodded approvingly to the ‘Babylon 5’ comment and my wife called me a geek! :p

Edited due to repost of saved comment from earlier lol I should always check doh!

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    I nodded approvingly to the ‘Babylon 5’ comment and my wife called me a geek! :p

I suppose it’s in my mind now ‘cause I’m rewatching the whole series with Mrs Zen, first viewing for her. There are some great lines.

“The avalanche has started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.” - Kosh

• Social Media in the 21st century: A psychological analysis (was: Samplist is live on the App Store) o:)

• @SevenSystems said:
    Social Media in the 21st century: A psychological analysis (was: Samplist is live on the App Store) o:)

Or: The History and Mystery of Babylon 5: An Amiga graphics retrospectical (was: Social Media in the 21st century: A psychological analysis (was: Samplist is live on the App Store)

• edited February 2018

@TheVimFuego said:

@greengrocer said:
    So all price discussions about this app are stupid.

So rationally debating pricing models and relative value is “stupid”?

This provides no benefit to either the dev or consumer?

No in this specific case it's quite stupid, because there's a direct input to the dev, implementing all kind of wishes nearly on the fly, etc. It feels like that you more or less have a private hired dev. And in such a case start complaining directly against the dev about the price I think it's just cheap, easy and distracting.
    I would say look up earlier threads about price models or start a new one and point to it. I think it's just not done to do it in this thread, it just distracts from the good energy buyers and possible buyers have that want to support the dev and have serious input. And distracts energy from the dev that wants to make it's app better. And has to respond to price complainers and bargain hunters. So please take this price discussion somewhere else (other thread) and if you want leave a link here, so that if the dev wants to reconsider the price he can join or just read what people have to say about price models.

• @BiancaNeve said:

Very ugly on the MaxiPad

it‘s funny, some apps would just look nice blown up with no optimization for the larger screen, but the special view for the big pad breaks the design

• @nick said:

@BiancaNeve said:

Very ugly on the MaxiPad

it‘s funny, some apps would just look nice blown up with no optimization for the larger screen, but the special view for the big pad breaks the design

It's been fixed. :)

• @greengrocer said:

@TheVimFuego said:

@greengrocer said:
    So all price discussions about this app are stupid.

So rationally debating pricing models and relative value is “stupid”?

This provides no benefit to either the dev or consumer?

No in this specific case it's quite stupid, because there's a direct input to the dev, implementing all kind of wishes nearly on the fly, etc. It feels like that you more or less have a private hired dev. And in such a case start complaining directly against the dev about the price I think it's just cheap, easy and distracting.
    I would say look up earlier threads about price models or start a new one and point to it. I think it's just not done to do it in this thread, it just distracts from the good energy buyers and possible buyers have that want to support the dev and have serious input. And distracts energy from the dev that wants to make it's app better. And has to respond to price complainers and bargain hunters. So please take this price discussion somewhere else (other thread) and if you want leave a link here, so that if the dev wants to reconsider the price he can join or just read what people have to say about price models.

Point taken, let us concentrate on the app and where it can go. B)

• So guys on a more serious note, I've tried to write the audio handling part of Samplist with Apple's AVAudioEngine, which lies beneath AudioKit.

Looks promising so far:
    • Better memory management of large files. It plays buffer segments from the original file. No more need to export slices and load them from disk whenever you adjust the slices.
    • MP3 files play and stop where THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO.

I'm very excited!

• @alecsbuga said:
    So guys on a more serious note, I've tried to write the audio handling part of Samplist with Apple's AVAudioEngine, which lies beneath AudioKit.

Looks promising so far:
    • Better memory management of large files. It plays buffer segments from the original file. No more need to export slices and load them from disk whenever you adjust the slices.
    • MP3 files play and stop where THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO.

I'm very excited!

Nice work!

• edited February 2018

Some questions people have been asking in this thread are answered in this exclusive interview video w/ Alex:

• @analog_matt said:
    Some questions people have been asking in this thread are answered in this exclusive interview video w/ Alex:

Thank you for the opportunity! I'm really glad you like it!

• Top interview can’t wait to hear and the audio engine improvements.

• Keep up the good work, sir.

BTW, for those who may not have spotted it, there is another new sample based app that’s looking - and sounding - very good. Tardigrain by Eric Sigth. Well worth checking out.

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Top interview can’t wait to hear and the audio engine improvements.

Well it's mostly under the hood stuff. It sounds the same, but it manages memory better especially when you split into a lot of slices.

And should fix issues with slices not playing and stuff like that since I'm not exporting any chops to the disk anymore.

• @Zen210507

You must be trolling

• @mschenkel.it said:
    @Zen210507

You must be trolling

Took the words out of my mouth.

• edited March 2018

@mschenkel.it said:
    @Zen210507

You must be trolling

What I’m doing, you dipstick, is supporting this app and letting others know of something in the same area. Both apps are really good. I’ve mentioned Samplist in the Tardigrade thread, too. Just as I would mention Cubasis and Auria Pro in the same breath. It isn’t a crime to like two apps. :)

• @DCJ said:

@mschenkel.it said:
    @Zen210507

You must be trolling

>

Ever since we disagreed in another thread, you seem to be keen to find fault in anything I post. It really is odd to attack me for praising two apps.

Or is it something personal? Do you just not like Jewish people, is that your problem?

• @Zen210507 said:

@DCJ said:

@mschenkel.it said:
    @Zen210507

You must be trolling

>

Ever since we disagreed in another thread, you seem to be keen to find fault in anything I post. It really is odd to attack me for praising two apps.

Or is it something personal? Do you just not like Jewish people, is that your problem?

lol still trolling obviously.

• @Zen210507 said:

@DCJ said:

@mschenkel.it said:
    @Zen210507

You must be trolling

>

Trolling for sure >:)

• edited March 2018

@DCJ said:

lol still trolling obviously.

>

So you are anti-Semitic. How sad. I will waste no further time attempting to speak with you.

• i almost died from laughing reading that. :D

Outright trolling is way more fun than the other nonsense most of us get into on here.

• Guys let's behave

• @alecsbuga said:
    Guys let's behave

>

I no longer feel comfortable posting in this thread, so bid you the very best of luck with a great app.

• Crazy talk. I mean I got it for half price but even at full price..$10? That’s “expensive “? Seriously?

• edited March 2018

@mschenkel.it said:
    @Zen210507

You must be trolling

How is mentioning an app that’s just been released ‘trolling’? I’d call it ‘being helpful’.

Your only input into this thread is to make a personal attack on another member, which you’ve also done to me on several occasions.

The only ‘troll’ on here is you mate.

• edited March 2018

Ok let me troll this thread with some updates:

• The audio engine of the slice player has been successfully rewritten last night. I've added back .CAF files, so you can Airdrop your Logic Loops into Samplist (that's what I do anyways). I'll add support to Airdrop whole zip files also.
    • I've made the selection areas better. You move it by dragging the left handle, you resize it by moving the right handle. So you can scroll/zoom the waveform even if you grab one of the slices.
    • I've started working on implementing Apple's Sampler into Samplist. So you'll be able to play poly notes like RomPlayer ;) I still need to do some work on ADSR stuff
    • I've added pad pages. You can add max 64 slices over 4 pages. More is overkill and it kind of trashes your CPU. I'd recommend max 16 slices. I mean... how many fingers do you guys have to play drums? :))
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @alecsbuga said:

Ok let me troll this thread with some updates:

• The audio engine of the slice player has been successfully rewritten last night. I've added back .CAF files, so you can Airdrop your Logic Loops into Samplist (that's what I do anyways). I'll add support to Airdrop whole zip files also.
    • I've made the selection areas better. You move it by dragging the left handle, you resize it by moving the right handle. So you can scroll/zoom the waveform even if you grab one of the slices.
    • I've started working on implementing Apple's Sampler into Samplist. So you'll be able to play poly notes like RomPlayer ;) I still need to do some work on ADSR stuff
    • I've added pad pages. You can add max 64 slices over 4 pages. More is overkill and it kind of trashes your CPU. I'd recommend max 16 slices. I mean... how many fingers do you guys have to play drums? :))

How about an auto slice feature? By division (2/4/8/16...) and by note length, (16/8/4/2/1...) a la BM3?