Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

FAC Maxima 1.2 AuV3 Universal released!

The version 1.2 brings a couple of handy new features to provide an even better user experience. The new release comes with the support of the view configuration management. Bringing, in addition of the classic view, a special brand new larger view with a huge multi-waveform graph for GarageBand.

The graph itself has also been improved with log scale definition and colored levels overlay. The input peaks being over 0db, for example, are now drawn now in red. As usual, input signal upfront and processed output behind.

Last but not least, the preset manager is now also available and allows you to navigate over factory presets or to create your own in any AUv3 host.

Following the classic update process, this version also comes with some minor improvements and bug fixes.

FAC Maxima is an AuV3 requiring iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.

Fac Maxima App Store

Comments

• Sweet! Great support!

• Looks great in GB fab work.

• @FredAntonCorvest and @brambos and @mathieugarcia and @SevenSystems (as well as the Matt from Blip Interactive) are some of the hardest-working indie developers you’ll ever find. They never charge subscription fees and do it for the passion and love rather than the money. (Although if these gents had KoFi accounts, I’d gladly donate towards future development costs and not wait to purchase IAPs.)

Thank you Fred. :)

• @jwmmakerofmusic thanks a lot. Not sure if I'm the hardest working, but the passion bit is definitely true -- Xequence originally was never planned to be released and started with a white screen with a blue rectangle on it that sended a MIDI note on touch! (True story)

• @SevenSystems said:
    @jwmmakerofmusic thanks a lot. Not sure if I'm the hardest working, but the passion bit is definitely true -- Xequence originally was never planned to be released and started with a white screen with a blue rectangle on it that sended a MIDI note on touch! (True story)

Sweet! :smiley: Very humble beginnings indeed mate. :)

• Bravo Mister Fred!

• Congrats! And thanks for giving GB the full experience!

• Thank you to FredAntonCorvest
    and Sorry
    But now the wave form viewer not so iformative
    its like a toy or another korvpressor
    Can you go back to the previous version.
    But sound great!

• @Denzkps said:
    Thank you to FredAntonCorvest
    and Sorry
    But sound great!

What do you mean by not so informative ? So you miss information you had in the previous view - but I have not removed anything... I ve added things. Please be more precise :)

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    @FredAntonCorvest and @brambos and @mathieugarcia and @SevenSystems (as well as the Matt from Blip Interactive) are some of the hardest-working indie developers you’ll ever find. They never charge subscription fees and do it for the passion and love rather than the money. (Although if these gents had KoFi accounts, I’d gladly donate towards future development costs and not wait to purchase IAPs.)

Thank you Fred. :)

Thx Really appreciated! THX ALL for your support! :)

• @FredAntonCorvest said:

@Denzkps said:
    and Sorry
    But sound great!

What do you mean by not so informative ? So you miss information you had in the previous view - but I have not removed anything... I ve added things. Please be more precise :)

now everything is smooth and beautiful
    transients are smoothed and there is no sharpness, clarity
    Before you can clearly see how the compressor works, especially on the drums, now everything has turned into sausage and brick.
    Sounds still excellent! but I was very upset by the new waveform analyzer.

• edited February 2018

What does Garageband offer that other hosts dont, that warrants a better display just in Garageband ?

• @Samplemunch said:
    What does Garageband offer that other hosts dont, that warrants a better display just in Garageband ?

GarageBand implements the official iOS 11 API for View Size configuration. Hasn’t caught on yet with most other vendors. Glad to see FAC, Moog and Yonac on board.

• So it will work fine in Beatmaker then, like @brambos plugins ?

• @Samplemunch said:
    So it will work fine in Beatmaker then, like @brambos plugins ?

Yes, works fine in BM3

• @Samplemunch said:

Apple’s method for ‘negotiating UI sizes’ is so horribly and unnecessarily overcomplicated compared to how e.g. BM3 and AUM do it that I’m resisting it as long as I possibly can.

Right now Apple’s implementation is designed specifically for Garageband at the expense of plugin developers. It shows me that they’re not particularly interested in making AUv3 on iOS a flexible, open standard, but are only interested in GB integration. Such behavior should be discouraged. They could have worked with the plugin dev. community (e.g. through focus groups etc.) to make the most of it, but instead they chose to make our lives harder.

But that’s just my personal opinion on the matter.

• @brambos said:

@Samplemunch said:

Apple’s method for ‘negotiating UI sizes’ is so horribly and unnecessarily overcomplicated compared to how e.g. BM3 and AUM do it that I’m resisting it as long as I possibly can.

Right now Apple’s implementation is designed specifically for Garageband at the expense of plugin developers. It shows me that they’re not particularly interested in making AUv3 on iOS a flexible, open standard, but are only interested in GB integration. Such behavior should be discouraged. They could have worked with the plugin dev. community (e.g. through focus groups etc.) to make the most of it, but instead they chose to make our lives harder.

Unfortunate situation. Though I can’t imagine the approach being changed. As a GB user I really enjoy the end result in apps that have elected to use it.

• @brambos said:

@Samplemunch said:

I’m with at @brambos totally on this and it’s one of the many issues that really pisses me off and concerns me about Apple these days.

Also why I only design BI and internally distributed apps for companies now. Also why I so greatly greatly GREATLY appreciate all of the much more talented and patient devs who make all of this amazing iOS music shit.

I know they’re all doing it mostly for the love and passion of creating cool shit which is astonishing and everything right with the world.

• @WillieNegus said:

@brambos said:

@Samplemunch said:

I’m with at @brambos totally on this and it’s one of the many issues that really pisses me off and concerns me about Apple these days.

Also why I only design BI and internally distributed apps for companies now. Also why I so greatly greatly GREATLY appreciate all of the much more talented and patient devs who make all of this amazing iOS music shit.

I know they’re all doing it mostly for the love and passion of creating cool shit which is astonishing and everything right with the world.

That’s an understandable position, though I equally appreciate the developers who’ve elected to meet GB musicians where they are.

• @realdavidai said:

@WillieNegus said:

@brambos said:

@Samplemunch said:

That’s an understandable position, though I equally appreciate the developers who’ve elected to meet GB musicians where they are.

Certainly. But as it stands it’s a Garageband-only feature (with no particularly good reason to exist) and I’m not prioritizing single-host-exclusive features :)

• edited February 2018

@realdavidai said:

Absolutely. We couldn’t have enough appreciation for them. Also have eternal gratitude to Apple for iOS m despite their transgressions.

• @brambos said:

@realdavidai said:

@WillieNegus said:

@brambos said:

@Samplemunch said:

Certainly. But as it stands it’s a Garageband-only feature (with no particularly good reason to exist) and I’m not prioritizing single-host-exclusive features :)

Fair :) I was aware of your position on this a long time ago :D

GB is my axe of choice...so I enjoy the feature, plus who knows if there ever is a Logic Pro iOS it might leverage the same API. More important to me though is AUv3 MIDI out from touch instruments hopefully this one will enjoy more support

• Fred, is there any chance of you adding Sonnox VoxDoubler style capabilities to your Chorus app, or making a new AU that does this?

https://sonnox.com/news/introducing-voxdoubler-first-plug-new-toolbox-range

• edited February 2018

@Denzkps said:

@FredAntonCorvest said:

@Denzkps said:
    and Sorry
    But sound great!

Before you can clearly see how the compressor works, especially on the drums, now everything has turned into sausage and brick.

Now we are in phase an I get your point, indeed there is some smoothing and the scale has changed. I may consider having an option giving the magnitude scaling but I have to be sure that most users have the same feelings that yours. If it's a general complain so I'll add the option + the threshold line suggested on another forum ;) But I have to be sure :) Pool?

• @brambos @WillieNegus

We don't share the same position regarding the view configuration management available in iOS 11 and documented in the AuV3 sample provided by Apple.

I found personally that it's a great solution! The fact that we get the size and be notified when the view changes is just perfect. I do not use scaling and so..., I only switch the views when its needed.

To be more technical: I have two views in my Xib files and switch regarding a particular context. The advantage of having different views is that you can provide different widgets configuration (without layout headache) regarding a given size. On top of this I perform the binding programmatically. For info my controller is written in Swift (I enjoy the language too and I'm also a big fan of c++).

Opposite to your position about host, I always take GarageBand as first ref for AuV3 host in addition to the official sample (It's not a perfect tools, don't misunderstand me, lot of bugs, bla bla).

I think that existing AuV3 hosts should provide support of the view configuration management, because it's handy and very easy to implement. I can't not say more but I've already suggest this modification to some companies.

• @Zen210507 said:
    Fred, is there any chance of you adding Sonnox VoxDoubler style capabilities to your Chorus app, or making a new AU that does this?

https://sonnox.com/news/introducing-voxdoubler-first-plug-new-toolbox-range

This seems to be great! :) But don't know if you are all aware about the fact that I'm doing FAC stuffs as free time in addition to a full time job. So time is problematic for me, and I'm the kind of guy from the old generation so the one taking time to deliver something beta tested, with description... and with few bugs instead of doing a hurry release. Yes it's a great features you suggested but first I have to finish what I have in the pipe :)

@brambos @WillieNegus

We don't share the same position regarding the view configuration management available in iOS 11 and documented in the AuV3 sample provided by Apple.

I found personally that it's a great solution! The fact that we get the size and be notified when the view changes is just perfect. I do not use scaling and so..., I only switch the views when its needed.

To be more technical: I have two views in my Xib files and switch regarding a particular context. The advantage of having different views is that you can provide different widgets configuration (without layout headache) regarding a given size. On top of this I perform the binding programmatically. For info my controller is written in Swift (I enjoy the language too and I'm also a big fan of c++).

Opposite to your position about host, I always take GarageBand as first ref for AuV3 host in addition to the official sample (It's not a perfect tools, don't misunderstand me, lot of bugs, bla bla).

I think that existing AuV3 hosts should provide support of the view configuration management, because it's handy and very easy to implement. I can't not say more but I've already suggest this modification to some companies.

How is the GB negotiation dance better than the AUM/BM3 solution, where the host simply gives you space to work with and leaves it up to the plugin to make the most of it (you automatically get resize notifications either way in the viewWillLayoutSubviews event)? I don't see any benefits whatsoever from the plugin's perspective, but it's great if it works for you.

• Hi Fred,
    Thanks and congratulations on your new app! Just bought, looking forward to play on my iPad+iPhone :) Looking forward to your future apps too! All the best :smiley:

@Denzkps said:

@FredAntonCorvest said:

@Denzkps said:
    and Sorry
    But sound great!

Now we are in phase an I get your point, indeed there is some smoothing and the scale has changed. I may consider having an option giving the magnitude scaling but I have to be sure that most users have the same feelings that yours. If it's a general complain so I'll add the option + the threshold line suggested on another forum ;) But I have to be sure :) Pool?

Yes please, yes please, yes please
    :)