Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Samplist is live on the App Store

Comments

• edited February 2018

@alecsbuga
    Price discussions are tricky (seems that this topic is nearly as volatile, and can end in as many bannings or self-exiles, as political discussions)
    I bought the app at $10 when it went live, pre-discount. Worth it, especially given your drive and enthusiasm (and obvious skill). You remind me of my favorite Benjamin Disraeli quote, (paraphrased): “When I want to use a good app, I code one”

• It would be nice to add a polyphonic legato pitch shift .
    Meaning hold a note ,plays sample . While holding press another note which will play the sample NOT from the beginning , at different pitch while the previous sample keeps playing.
    A mono mode that follows playback speed would be nice for start ( notes acting like midi CC pitch shift ) and then add poly .

Hope it made sense :tongue:

• @Korakios said:
    It would be nice to add a polyphonic legato pitch shift .
    Meaning hold a note ,plays sample . While holding press another note which will play the sample NOT from the beginning , at different pitch while the previous sample keeps playing.
    A mono mode that follows playback speed would be nice for start ( notes acting like midi CC pitch shift ) and then add poly .

Hope it made sense :tongue:

I know what legato is :)
    Ableton Push does that very nice.
    I'll have a look when I'll finish the polyphonic mode.
    Right now I tried making it bullet proof. #ios10sucks :D

• Version 1.2.6 is in review. I've asked for an expedited review.

New:
    • knobs direction settings
    • Pads view. Slice your sample and play it via velocity pads.
    • Feedback from from inside the app. Menu > Send feedback.

Fixes:
    • Fixed import crash on iOS 10
    • Fixed permissions error when importing certain files
    • Fixed importing from Audioshare

• @alecsbuga said:

@studs1966 said:

@greengrocer said:
    @alecsbuga Bought it but all wav samples I want to import through Audioshare or Dropbox crash the Application. I'm on iOS 10.3.3 iPad Air 2.

Me too...... :(

The lastest update which fixes this is right now under review with Apple. Should be up in 30 min or so.

Just downloaded. All good now. Cheers @alecsbuga. ;)

• Just updated - how do I get to pad view? It still shows the keyboard - I assume that this is user error (as always).

• Pad view should display by default

• In the version 1.2.6 which just got live. Takes a while to appear.

• I’ve also made the screen bigger. Once again guys, thank you for your support.
    I’ll make a new video tonight

• Great update your flying high with this one.

• @BiancaNeve said:

Very ugly on the MaxiPad

Not ugly, more, erm, spacious.....fun to have the pads though :)

• Is that the Pro 12"?
    Ok. I'll make them bigger. You'll be able to play drums with two iPad pencils lol :)))

• If you need more beta testers... ;)

• @alecsbuga said:
    Is that the Pro 12"?
    Ok. I'll make them bigger. You'll be able to play drums with two iPad pencils lol :)))

Yes the 12 9 and yes with the pencil (but he will have to be a one-handed drummer :)

• edited February 2018

@Littlewoodg said:
    @alecsbuga
    Price discussions are tricky (seems that this topic is nearly as volatile, and can end in as many bannings or self-exiles, as political discussions)
    I bought the app at $10 when it went live, pre-discount. Worth it, especially given your drive and enthusiasm (and obvious skill). You remind me of my favorite Benjamin Disraeli quote, (paraphrased): “When I want to use a good app, I code one”

$10 is a steal for this app and the support you get and you know where it is going. So all price discussions about this app are stupid. And to those who want reduction maybe you should buy the app now because with future AU supports, etc. this app could easily go to $15 ;)

@alecsbuga thanks for updating the wav file not loading in iOS 10

• Anyone running this on a 10.5? If so, how does the GUI layout compared to the 12.9 and 9.7?

• @skiphunt said:
    Anyone running this on a 10.5? If so, how does the GUI layout compared to the 12.9 and 9.7?

I'm using the 10.5". See my previous screenshots. It looks good on 10.5 & 9". I supposed it's ok on the big Pro, but apparently that has a mammoth screen. Fixed it already. Will be up in the next update.

• @alecsbuga said:
    Hey guys. I keep seeing people talking about the initial price being high. I'm just curious how much do you guys spend on average on an app?

Because when I set the initial price I honestly thought it's not high. I'm usually measuring app prices in Starbucks coffee. I don't buy Starbucks coffee anymore but I'm thinking "is this app worth 2-3 coffees? Ok. I buy it"

Maybe it's the fact that I know what happens behind the courtains and probably put a value on the process too.

Building an app is not such a piece of cake. And also there's the big brother Apple who takes 90$/yr just to allow you to be on the store with the cool guys and then... Hey are you making money? Give me 30%

Not to be a downer, but measuring by Starbucks or other common everyday expenses is a good way to show how it would be much more profitable for iOS music developers to sell cups of coffee. :)

What's more relevant is to compare to other music-making apps. We users get so much for so little. When I think of what good software used to cost, iOS is ridiculously low. So we end up spending quite a bit, but spread over hundreds of apps. The market is pretty saturated, I think. A new app has to really be something new, and people still expect it to be inexpensive. Even a complete DAW isn't going to cost much more than a dinner-for-two at a mediocre restaurant.

So I think an iOS music developer these days, especially an independent with limited experience and resources, has to go into it with the idea that the reward is going to have to be measured in something more than money.

• @Zen210507 said:

@alecsbuga said:
    On another note... just received a youtube comment "You're a stupid gay" on the Samplist walkthrough video from a Romanian fellow. So yeah the internet is a very awkward place :smiley:

>

Most likely a 12 year-old monkey spanker.

I long ago abandoned anti-social media, due to it being inundated with the most vile bunch of twats I’d ever encountered.

Ironic

• @greengrocer said:
    So all price discussions about this app are stupid.

So rationally debating pricing models and relative value is “stupid”?

This provides no benefit to either the dev or consumer?

• edited February 2018

@LucidMusicInc said:
    Ironic

>

Eh? You’ve lost me. :)

• @LucidMusicInc said:

@Zen210507 said:

@alecsbuga said:
    On another note... just received a youtube comment "You're a stupid gay" on the Samplist walkthrough video from a Romanian fellow. So yeah the internet is a very awkward place :smiley:

>

Most likely a 12 year-old monkey spanker.

I long ago abandoned anti-social media, due to it being inundated with the most vile bunch of twats I’d ever encountered.

Ironic

Only a little. As long as

@Zen210507 said:

@LucidMusicInc said:
    Ironic

>

He's just saying that this forum is also social media. Kinda right, I guess, but it only get's rancid around here when people start talking about app pricing.

• @aaronpc said:

He's just saying that this forum is also social media. Kinda right, I guess, but it only get's rancid around here when people start talking about app pricing.

>

Ah, right. Got it now. :)

Yeah, I suppose this forum does come under social media, I just don’t think of it that way, ‘cause 99% of folk here are smart and able to have discussions/ disagree without all the nonsense we see on Twitter, etc,

• @Zen210507 said:

@aaronpc said:

>

Yeah, I suppose this forum does come under social media, I just don’t think of it that way, ‘cause 99% of folk here are smart and able to have discussions/ disagree without all the nonsense we see on Twitter, etc,

It all depends who you're following. I use Twitter a lot but I follow peers from my domain. and it's all good. No bullshit:)

• @alecsbuga said:

@Zen210507 said:

@aaronpc said:

>

It all depends who you're following. I use Twitter a lot but I follow peers from my domain. and it's all good. No bullshit:)

< / offtopic >

• @alecsbuga said:

@Zen210507 said:

@aaronpc said:

>

The 'mute' button is a wonderful thing.

• @alecsbuga said:

>

Glad to hear it works for you. I never got that far, due to encounters with creatures from Planet Twonk. ;) As for Facetube....

• @MonzoPro said:
    The 'mute' button is a wonderful thing.

>

On occasions, I’ve wanted that here, too. But on the whole I think it’s probably better for all of us to get some exposure to divergent views. Here is more like Babylon 5 , where ‘humans and aliens come together to work out their differences, and prevent another (flame) war.’ :)