Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

App buying annoyance

Anyone else find this annoying when buying via an iPad? What a stupid thing to keep sending when the app automatically downloads anyway!

It’s only just started happening. Doubly annoying as I’ve only ever sought refund for one app ever and that was years ago now!

I know it’s silly to get annoyed by such trivial things but hey it’s cold and I can’t go out fishing lol

Comments

• Has also just started happening with video downloads on Apple TV.

• I’ve had that for ages. It’s bollocks anyway, UK law says we can get refunds for stuff that doesn’t work as advertised.

• @Arpseechord said:

Sure you can

Funk that! Not freezing my nads off lol

• @MonzoPro said:
    I’ve had that for ages. It’s bollocks anyway, UK law says we can get refunds for stuff that doesn’t work as advertised.

O, just started getting it myself. Then again not bought many apps lately :p

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

Anyone else find this annoying when buying via an iPad? What a stupid thing to keep sending when the app automatically downloads anyway!

Yup. Been happening to me for ages. Seems to be triggered once you ask for a refund. Total rubbish under British law, of course, and unenforcible.

I get this note with every single purchase, but the few times I have asked for a refund, Apple has never challenged it. So the’re just trying to put people off.

• Got it so often I click it without reading it now. Means nothing to me.

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

It’s only just started happening. Doubly annoying as I’ve only ever sought refund for one app ever and that was years ago now!

I know it’s silly to get annoyed by such trivial things but hey it’s cold and I can’t go out fishing lol

Apparently you start getting this message if you've been blacklisted as someone who's requested too many refunds. I haven't asked for a refund in the last three years but did 2-3 times before that and ever since I've been receiving this which surely is in in contravention of EU consumer laws but at these prices I won't be arguing with them. Better just keep an eye on this forum for user reviews and think thrice before you pull the trigger.

https://9to5mac.com/2015/01/13/apple-defends-against-eu-14-day-refund-abuse-with-app-store-alert-for-customers-with-excessive-refunds-on-file/

• @supadom said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

Apparently you start getting this message if you've been blacklisted as someone who's requested too many refunds. I haven't asked for a refund in the last three years but did 2-3 times before that and ever since I've been receiving this which surely is in in contravention of EU consumer laws but at these prices I won't be arguing with them. Better just keep an eye on this forum for user reviews and think thrice before you pull the trigger.

https://9to5mac.com/2015/01/13/apple-defends-against-eu-14-day-refund-abuse-with-app-store-alert-for-customers-with-excessive-refunds-on-file/

Only ever asked for and had one refund since buying my iPad over three years ago, so doubt it’s that lol

• It is bullshit though as if you've asked for refunds for apps that did not work you get the wrong end of the stick.

• @supadom said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

"for customers who have an excessive number of refunds on file"

I've refunded maybe three apps, during a spend of between £500 - £1000 on the ruddy things. 'Excessive' my arse.

• @MonzoPro said:

@supadom said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

I've refunded maybe three apps, during a spend of between £500 - £1000 on the ruddy things. 'Excessive' my arse.

Same here.

• @supadom said:
    It is bullshit though as if you've asked for refunds for apps that did not work you get the wrong end of the stick.

Yeah it is bullshit. Maybe it’s because I’m an AU provocateur! ;)

• @MonzoPro said:

@supadom said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

And that’s without the hardware and other spends on Apple products too!

• ...this is a big improvement.

:lol:

• @supadom said:
    Apparently you start getting this message if you've been blacklisted as someone who's requested too many refunds

That can't be the only reason, as I have never asked for a refund.

• It's also doing it when buying music on the iTunes store on desktop. It's irritating and downright silly, because -as you also observed- downloading starts automatically.

I've not ever asked for a single refund, so that's not what triggered it. It just seems like the legal equivalent of carpet bombing.

• +1

@Arpseechord said:

Sure you can

• @brambos said:
    It's also doing it when buying music on the iTunes store on desktop. It's irritating and downright silly, because -as you also observed- downloading starts automatically.

I've not ever asked for a single refund, so that's not what triggered it. It just seems like the legal equivalent of carpet bombing.

They’re trying it on. Surprised it’s even legal to do this in countries where it’s not enforceable. Misleading customers regarding their legal rights and all that.

• I have had it- but have never asked for a refund.

• edited February 2018

@MonzoPro said:
    They’re trying it on. Surprised it’s even legal to do this in countries where it’s not enforceable. Misleading customers regarding their legal rights and all that.

I don't know why you think it's unenforceable. it's just saying you can't 'cancel' the purchase, not that you can't hold them accountable for something faulty. As far as I can tell, the EU '14-day' rule allows exclusions for items such as downloads as long as it's stated at the point of sale. Clearly this is a response to too many consumers cheating the system. (Which is exactly what the article someone linked above says.)

• @MarkH said:

@MonzoPro said:

I don't know why you think it's unenforceable. it's just saying you can't 'cancel' the purchase, not that you can't hold them accountable for something faulty. As far as I can tell, the EU '14-day' rule allows exclusions for items such as downloads as long as it's stated at the point of sale. Clearly this is a response to too many consumers cheating the system. (Which is exactly what the article someone linked above says.)

Enforceable or not, I would definitely agree it’s somewhat misleading and definitely annoying (while I’m too old to go ice fishing as suggested lol)

• @MarkH said:

@supadom said:
    Apparently you start getting this message if you've been blacklisted as someone who's requested too many refunds

That can't be the only reason, as I have never asked for a refund.

If that's the case then it is definitely fucked up. I've noticed that in the last few years companies started being more strict with returns, warranties etc. Especially in the UK. I remember when I moved here from Italy I found it ridiculous one could buy a cd and return it within a month. Made no sense.

• edited February 2018

@supadom said:
    I've noticed that in the last few years companies started being more strict with returns, warranties etc. Especially in the UK. I remember when I moved here from Italy I found it ridiculous one could buy a cd and return it within a month. Made no sense.

Yep, and high time. The brazen 'try before you buy' attitude and sense of undeserved entitlement that consumer protection legislation has inadvertently fostered are astonishing. With so many people willing to cheat the system, I hardly think we can complain when we get a bit of push-back.

• edited February 2018

(Sorry, somehow posted twice)

• @MarkH said:

@supadom said:
    I've noticed that in the last few years companies started being more strict with returns, warranties etc. Especially in the UK. I remember when I moved here from Italy I found it ridiculous one could buy a cd and return it within a month. Made no sense.

Yep, and high time. The brazen 'try before you buy' attitude and sense of undeserved entitlement that consumer protection legislation has inadvertently fostered are astonishing. With so many people willing to cheat the system, I hardly think we can complain when we get a bit of push-back.

Having been the other side of the counter so to speak, I’ve felt annoyed at the sense of entitlement many a times. Saying that though, this has that feeling of blaming before the crime to me. It does tend to put a slight dampner on that buying a new app buzz.

• I definitely have felt buyer's remorse on a couple of purchases but have never tried to get a refund despite the apps not really doing what they said they could do for me (make me an awesome musician at the press of a few buttons). I just bought one yesterday and was so tempted to say it didn't work even though it did, just wasn't what I was looking for at all.

• @MarkH said:

@MonzoPro said:

I don't know why you think it's unenforceable. it's just saying you can't 'cancel' the purchase, not that you can't hold them accountable for something faulty.

Then why say it? I don’t get pop-ups when buying other products online, because it’s obvious that by clicking a ‘buy’ button the money will be taken from my account.

• @MonzoPro said:

@MarkH said:

@MonzoPro said:

I don't know why you think it's unenforceable. it's just saying you can't 'cancel' the purchase, not that you can't hold them accountable for something faulty.

Then why say it? I don’t get pop-ups when buying other products online, because it’s obvious that by clicking a ‘buy’ button the money will be taken from my account.

It sort of reminds me of those adverts on DVDs where they try to make you feel guilty for buying pirate DVDs - thing is I’ve only ever seen them on bought copies - kinda pointless mindwashing stuff. People who want to feck the system find ways whatever. They are mainly preaching to the honest folks.

As Monzo said, it’s kinda rude saying it to people who spend so much money with them. It reminds me of a shop I used to go in, but the boss there treats me like a criminal - always looks at me like I’m going to rob him (must be the way I look lol). Thing is I no longer buy anything there because of his attitude. Apple are just making me not want to buy from them. As they say - don’t bite the hand that feeds you.

• Lucky EU problems. /sigh