Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Beathawk update

Now with state saving inside an au host.

One of the most wished items has now come about. Applaud uvi

Comments

• Hope this works, it’s why I’ve stopped using the app.

• So far it’s working. Found a bug in GarageBand that when it loops their is a hang up now they doesn’t die. Bm3 so far is remembering everything. Still can’t get the midi options to show up while using it as an au

• I take that back. Bm3 is not state saving. Will not stay in piano mode when reaping projects. Reverts back to the pads.

• @stormywaterz said:
    I take that back. Bm3 is not state saving. Will not stay in piano mode when reaping projects. Reverts back to the pads.

Yeah it’s still buggered on BM3 :'(

• Beat Hawk is master of the realm in my opinion.

Best depth and sound quality on iOS.

Class people at the company as well.

First rate all around. UVI

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@stormywaterz said:
    I take that back. Bm3 is not state saving. Will not stay in piano mode when reaping projects. Reverts back to the pads.

Everything’s bugged af in bm3. It crashes all the time no matter what I use. Not blaming BeatHawk for that.

• Was thinking about this last night and if push really came to shove BH would def. make the final cut for my Desert Island app....I always loved its facility, but the addition of an easy way to fix (timeline) has made it THE easiest place (for me) to write songs...

• @ion677 said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@stormywaterz said:

Everything’s bugged af in bm3. It crashes all the time no matter what I use. Not blaming BeatHawk for that.

Just not found that myself. Maybe different use scenarios or whatever, but I hardly ever get crashes while using BM3. Yeah I know it still has some bugs according to the BM3 forum, but nothing that affects my use as yet.

Not having a go at BeatHawk, just saying that until it works as my other AU apps do in BM3, it’s useless to me. Have talked to both BM3 and BeatHawk peeps and it’s been discussed on the BM3 forums for an age, so I won’t get into it all again here. Just disappointed that’s all.

• Yeah bh has never crashed until I put it in bm3.

I would love for bh to expand to au fx inside of it. Maybe a two slot option per sound. I can see this app going a long way with just a little bit more love and options to it.

• @RUST( i )K @JohnnyGoodyear I assume you guys have a lot of the expansion packs. Any that you recommend in particular?

• The expansions are good but I went and got the maschine packs and brought the samples in to really expand the library.

• @CracklePot said:
    @RUST( i )K @JohnnyGoodyear I assume you guys have a lot of the expansion packs. Any that you recommend in particular?

I'd recommend searching the site with Google or somesuch (using "site:forum.audiob.us" in the query). Every time they have a sale a pack recommendation thread pops up.

• @aaronpc said:

@CracklePot said:
    @RUST( i )K @JohnnyGoodyear I assume you guys have a lot of the expansion packs. Any that you recommend in particular?

I'd recommend searching the site with Google or somesuch (using "site:forum.audiob.us" in the query). Every time they have a sale a pack recommendation thread pops up.

Thanks for the suggestion. B) I really would like to know what these two fine gents think though. There is so much variety among the expansion packs, I was curious which ones stand out to them in particular. T’is all.

• @CracklePot said:

Mello pack has alot of instruments in it.
    I also like the percussion one, I use that.
    And I use the 808 A LOT.

What type music you make?

I have them all but the Celtic one and organ.

Here is the deal, Beat Hawk is for my "real instruments". Except for GeoShred BH has it all.

I love the elec piano and the west coast hip hop one as well.

I don't have Sample Tank on device any more, too big.

So

• @CracklePot Funny, I have all the pianos in the world and use Module a lot for general use, but I love the BH soft piano and that's why I was mostly happy about the AU development. But then for Sunday Best I drag out the Ravenscroft, which is UVI as well....so no suprise maybe that I'm so fond of the one in BH. It just has a real feel, especially for broken-hearted pieces which seem to be my lingua franca for the most part...

• I tried using two instances of beathawks midi sequencer routed to other apps in AUM. Did not go well. DSP redlined, and noises coming from beathawk when they shouldn't. Ah well.

• @RUST( i )K said:
    Beat Hawk is master of the realm in my opinion.

Best depth and sound quality on iOS.

Class people at the company as well.

First rate all around. UVI

Not slagging them at all but some of their IAPs are risky. The loops are rubbish. I'm happy with most aspects of it though.

• I tried the new update and loaded it as an AU inside Cubasis.

The default load in Beathawk is a preset called Dubstep. I loaded my instrument of choice such as Acoustic Piano Grand from the expansion pack and then put a few effects on it.

Now when I close Cubasis and load the project, it loads the AU's with Beathawk yet still defaults to the Dubstep preset each and every time and does not save it with the instrument I loaded. I would have to reload the Grand Piano with effects.

Is there anywhere I need to go to change it manually or save manually to make the assigned presets stick or was this update suppose to take care of it? I am on latest version update 2.2.2

Appreciate your input.

Thanks!

• it was supposed to take care of it. I haven’t seen the instrument disappear even though it doesn’t load an empty kit like it used to. It’s loads a generic beathawk kit. Wish it went back to that.

• I love the sounds in bh. I have yet to try and figure out the sequencer. I really wish I could import a midi file into it, I’d spend more time with the app. But when I get a sound I like now from auria to bh, I usually bounce the track in place so it's not midi anymore. Animoog and model 15 are just as bad at losing AU presets. Very annoying. I couldn’t say I have favourite packs in bh, there is such a tremendous variety. I don’t have the scratch or toy pack, I don’t have the electric guitar pack. There’s a few others as well.

• edited February 2018

I haven’t rigorously tested it or anything, but it seems to statesave as an AU in Audiobus correctly. I was able to re-open an AB session and BH loaded with the instruments I had loaded still assigned to their tracks. No Dubstep!

• In BM3, state saving for pads/keys mode is not working for me.
    Another thing which I have requested to UVI support, is an option to disable midi output in Beathawk's settings. In BM3 I have to disable it for any BH instances every time I open a session that has BH as AU, to avoid terrible feedback distortion.

• @ion677 said:
    I tried using two instances of beathawks midi sequencer routed to other apps in AUM. Did not go well. DSP redlined, and noises coming from beathawk when they shouldn't. Ah well.

Sounds like you may have created a midi loop somehow. Make sure that midi in to BeatHawk is disabled both in BeatHawk and in AUM.

• @gosnote said:
    In BM3, state saving for pads/keys mode is not working for me.
    Another thing which I have requested to UVI support, is an option to disable midi output in Beathawk's settings. In BM3 I have to disable it for any BH instances every time I open a session that has BH as AU, to avoid terrible feedback distortion.

Huh? It's right in the Audio/Midi output preferences. Set output to << none >>. Or am I misunderstanding something here?

• for BM3
    In BH preferences/MIDI-Audio/ set off for Send Omni On Pads

@wim said:

@gosnote said:
    In BM3, state saving for pads/keys mode is not working for me.****

Huh? It's right in the Audio/Midi output preferences. Set output to << none >>. Or am I misunderstanding something here?

• Anyone else BH not playing in AB?

• AU just not there yet.

• @Denzkps said:
    for BM3
    In BH preferences/MIDI-Audio/ set off for Send Omni On Pads

@wim said:

@gosnote said:
    In BM3, state saving for pads/keys mode is not working for me.****

Disabling "Send Omni On Pads" won't fix this In the latest version 2.2.2., even though now you can at least access the midi settings from within the AU which if I remember correctly wasn't possible previously.

However, I have been in contact with UVI Support and they told me they will "consider adding an option to disable the AU MIDI Output, hopefully in v2.2.3". For now, when opening a BM3 session that contains BH AUs as sound modules, the BH midi input in BM3 prefs needs to be disabled in order to prevent the feedback distortion.