Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

SNAP no crackle no pop

Just spotted that promising drum app Snap has been updated, but not for the ikes of us. :'( Well, most of us. Some of the iPhone exclusive music makers migh be pleased.

The big idea is motion control. iPhone users can now gesture with thier phone to effect various changes.

Looks like adding AU3 is not considered important by these devs. If so that is a pity, as the app had some nifty innovations and many here had high hopes for it.

Comments

• I think this is a great update. You can now use your iPhone to motion control Snap on your iPad. Very cool. Yes, you do need an iPhone though.

Also, this update gives you MIDI out channels. I was doing MIDI out to Ruismaker over one of the existing drum kits and it was sounding excellent.

Sure, AU would be nice too. It will come hopefully.

Here’s the link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/snap-reactable-drum-machine/id1276650009?mt=8

• Also, it is IAA already. I was using it in AUM.

• @gusgranite said:
    I think this is a great update. You can now use your iPhone to motion control Snap on your iPad. Very cool. Yes, you do need an iPhone though.

Also, this update gives you MIDI out channels. I was doing MIDI out to Ruismaker over one of the existing drum kits and it was sounding excellent.

Fair enough. The IAA was news to me. I have edited the OP accordingly. :)

As for Midi out, I remember buying that as an IAP with the original release. I will give it a go under AUM as you describe. Sounds fun.

I am now more hopeful for SNAP’s future.

• Yes, MIDI out was an iap but this update lets you split out the channels by any note number which was really needed.

• The midi update has made this very useful. When I bought the IAP, I was a little disappointed with the minimal implementation of Midi. Now that I can remap the midi out notes, I am having a blast driving Ruismaker with it. Finally get to use it with DM1 as well, which is the app I originally envisioned pairing with Snap.

• I have it hooked up to AB 3 Midi thru MF Adapter and adding some velocity and time random with MF Randomizer. It sounds pretty sweet with the added subtle variety.

• @gusgranite how do you get an iPhone SNAP install controlling an iPad SNAP install via wifi? I've got each on the same wifi network and have selected "send as wifi" in the iPhone settings... but can't seem to get the iPad install controlled by the iPhone. I must be missing something.

• @skiphunt said:
    @gusgranite how do you get an iPhone SNAP install controlling an iPad SNAP install via wifi? I've got each on the same wifi network and have selected "send as wifi" in the iPhone settings... but can't seem to get the iPad install controlled by the iPhone. I must be missing something.

Hmm. Well it sounded cool when I read about it but no, I can’t get it to work either. I wonder if my home firewall is getting in the way?

• @gusgranite said:

@skiphunt said:
    @gusgranite how do you get an iPhone SNAP install controlling an iPad SNAP install via wifi? I've got each on the same wifi network and have selected "send as wifi" in the iPhone settings... but can't seem to get the iPad install controlled by the iPhone. I must be missing something.

Hmm. Well it sounded cool when I read about it but no, I can’t get it to work either. I wonder if my home firewall is getting in the way?

Maybe it uses Bluetooth? Have you tried the Pair Bluetooth Midi Devices option?
    I can’t find any info except an annoying promo video. Snap section of the Website is down too.

• @CracklePot said:

@gusgranite said:

@skiphunt said:

Maybe it uses Bluetooth? Have you tried the Pair Bluetooth Midi Devices option?
    I can’t find any info except an annoying promo video. Snap section of the Website is down too.

It says it works via WiFi and there’s a button in the motion-control settings that says “send over WiFi”. So, I think it’s supposed to work via WiFi.

Sent the dev email and asked via Twitter. No reply yet. Tried reinstalling last beta and it doesn’t work either. I’m thinking it doesn’t work yet, unless you need to configure a specific local network.

Works on iPhone only for me. And, the new midi control of notes per track is cool.

It looks like from their Twitter feed that they may be at software/music conference. Best just be patient until they get a chance to respond.