Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iSem - there are no stupid questions, right?

iSem is a great sounding app and I've put together a super cool preset for a warm analog pad that I love, but the volume is extremely panned out. So the lowest notes pretty much only outputs in the left side, og highest only on the right. Stereowise I like the concept of spreading is out, but it's just panned way to extreme.. Any guesses on what could be controlling this?

Comments

• Might be easier for us if you could post some screenshots of the different pages of the app :)

• Could be that the delay feedback is up on the left..and not so up on the right .? At a guess.

• Check the for any panning settings in the mod matrix and voice programmer, especially if they are running from an LFO.

• If you have a Delay effect, try winding down the 'Spread' parameter.

• Can’t see all your voice programmer settings, but I can get a similar thing happening by messing with my voice programmer settings.

Try making a copy of the voice. Then switch off all the programmer settings one by one. Try playing after switching each one off.

Then try switching off all the modulation matrix settings one by one to see what effect that has.

After that I can only suggest taking any that use the ramp up waveform to the sine wave instead.

My best guess is that it’s a combination of modulation settings somewhere, that you will have to track down by trial and error.

I’ve not got the exact thing you are describing, but similar in that I’ve used the voice programmer that is changing the filter mode quickly and if I play it quickly it seems like high notes coming from one side of the stereo image more than the other - it’s actually an illusion really. I’m not saying this is what’s happening with your sound, but just it’s possible to get some weird effects with a mix of voice programmer settings and modulation.

Good luck in finding it :)

• I see in the image of the Mod Matrix that you have Velocity mapped to 2 parameters. I suggest you try changing the mapped parameters to see if that eliminates the panning. There could be a bug making it show the wrong parameter label, and maybe one or the other is actually mapping Velocity to panning.
    I would check it myself, but I don’t own the app.

• In the screenshots, both the mod matrix and the voice programmer are set to off. Do you still hear the panning when it's in that state?

It sounds more like you have the keyboard as a mod source to panning but I don't think iSEM actually allow for that!

• Have you checked your hardware?
    Your patch as is won’t be able to pan anything. The only way to pan stuff in iSEM is either in the mod matrix, which is not, or in the voice programmer, which is off anyway.

• @syrupcore said:
    In the screenshots, both the mod matrix and the voice programmer are set to off. Do you still hear the panning when it's in that state?

It sounds more like you have the keyboard as a mod source to panning but I don't think iSEM actually allow for that!

Good call, I missed that completely lol