Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Sources for Ethereal Choir of Angels sound?

Was looking for more of an ethereal choir of angels sound for this, but settled for some moodscaper warped up with some audio damage instead. But for future reference, can anyone recommend a nice choir of angels pack and/or app?

Comments

• Alchemy. Dream Voices. But of course that might be out of reach now on iOS.
    Maybe the GarageBand Alchemy has some of these great presets included?!
    Otherwise i can‘t really remember a good one for iOS.
    It‘s possible trough FX to transform even non vocal sounds into choirs.
    Sunrizer works also good....f.e. the formant filter. (Tweak f.e. the „Lifeforms“ preset).

• I love those in m3000, which for me IS the choir.
    Then iWAVESTATION has some as well as im1

• I had a look at Garage Band iOS and indeed it offers some of these nice vocal presets (a lot are missing of course here) under Alchemy.
    Beside that i finally had a deeper look and i think Garage Band now offers the most complex and musical presets from all iOS tools. Some of these are just superb and even masterpieces at sound design.
    I do wish it would have the same preset browser as Logic since it´s no fun to go trough presets in GB iOS.

• I got good results running Sopranotron into EmoChorus into Eos.

• I’ve never worked out how it works but might Phonem be suitable?

• @BiancaNeve said:
    I’ve never worked out how it works but might Phonem be suitable?

Could work. Infinite might offer something too.
    As mentioned, iWavestation has some (cheesy) choirs sounds as well.
    Still Alchemy is the ethereal workhouse. I regret it now so much to updated to iOS 11. I had some deep thoughts and i think it is/was the best synth from all in general (beside for specific analog flavors). It was the most important secret source for all my old Galaxyexplorer projects (followed by Eden from NS1).
    From the look i only can imagine that Obsidian might take place here.
    Sounding like an old fart i must say......in the past it was better :)

• Beathawk - Choir pack

• Wow. @skiphunt when I saw that video thumbnail I thought I'd accidentally opened the wrong tab, one of dem' "Icognito" style sites. :flushed:

As @mschenkel.it says there are a couple of "opening the pearly gates" patches in iWavestation, but the best ones I remember were from an sf2 soundfont collection. I apologise for forgetting the name but I searched "soundfonts" on the forum search and several threads came up with directions & links to many sf2 collections for download. You'll need a soundfont player like bismark bs16 or Auria Pro's sample player.

• @CracklePot said:
    I got good results running Sopranotron into EmoChorus into Eos.

yes, these work really well... and may not even need the chorus if layered properly.
    It's called Caitlin Downie as a sound pack for M3000 (identical).

• Great suggestions. Thanks! I was just doing a quick funny clip and actually like that little bit of moodscaper run through Audio Damage Discord4, but I knew there had to be something more ethereal in the arsenal. Gracias :)

• @Telefunky said:

@CracklePot said:
    I got good results running Sopranotron into EmoChorus into Eos.

yes, these work really well... and may not even need the chorus if layered properly.
    It's called Caitlin Downie as a sound pack for M3000 (identical).

True about the layering and chorus. I had just got both S-Tron and EmoChorus last Black Friday and got a really nice sound playing with both and I ended up adding Eos to it and it was heavenly. Pushed the choir into ambient pad territory, which maybe too far for practical purposes. :)

• How musical is moodscaper? Can I go in every key and make it work in specific scales or is it very „static“ in its offering so to speak,?!

• @david_2017 said:
    How musical is moodscaper? Can I go in every key and make it work in specific scales or is it very „static“ in its offering so to speak,?!

The preset moods it comes with are locked to specific keys and pentatonic scales. It does auto harmony based on the built in intervals derived from the scales.
    You can make your own mood presets in any key, but you will still be locked to the particular scale associated with the mood type you are building a preset for. You can sort of get around this if you think about these pentatonic scales in a modal sense, but going that far into the making of presets made my brain numb. So I found it easier to adapt to the available scales, and try building different keys. But even that was a ton of work to get anywhere near the number of samples in play when using the built in moods.
    Look into each different Scaper, for each one has unique key/ scale combinations.

• edited February 2018

@CracklePot said:

@david_2017 said:
    How musical is moodscaper? Can I go in every key and make it work in specific scales or is it very „static“ in its offering so to speak,?!

The preset moods it comes with are locked to specific keys and pentatonic scales. It does auto harmony based on the built in intervals derived from the scales.
    You can make your own mood presets in any key, but you will still be locked to the particular scale associated with the mood type you are building a preset for. You can sort of get around this if you think about these pentatonic scales in a modal sense, but going that far into the making of presets made my brain numb. So I found it easier to adapt to the available scales, and try building different keys. But even that was a ton of work to get anywhere near the number of samples in play when using the built in moods.
    Look into each different Scaper, for each one has unique key/ scale combinations.

+1 and I'll add it's very easy to get something "musical" out of moodscaper without much effort. For more abstract ambient generative stuff, I prefer Refraktions... but when you want something somewhat generic (I don't mean that in a bad way) that's just going to work for a background bed without much effort at all, it's hard to beat the moodscaper offerings. And, you can always "weird it up" a bit with filtration like I did using Discord4 in the quicky loop I did above.

• @skiphunt said:

@CracklePot said:

@david_2017 said:

+1 and I'll add it's very easy to get something "musical" out of moodscaper without much effort. For more abstract ambient generative stuff, I prefer Refraktions... but when you want something somewhat generic (I don't mean that it a bad way) that's just going to work for a background bed without much effort at all, it's hard to beat the moodscaper offerings. And, you can always "weird it up" a bit with filtration like I did using Discord4 in the quicky loop I did above.

I was going to ask if you tried adding Discord4 to this type of sound yet, but you already have it in the video. :)

• Omenie M3000 has what youre looking for in conjunction with a bit of tasteful reverb

• Vocal choirs on iSymphonic are very nice. Surely you already have something that will do the trick though.

• edited February 2018

Initially, it was just something quick for the marginally amusing faux endoscopic video above ;) so, I wasn't going to spend a lot of time looking... though after the fact I realized it might be a handy sound to be able to get to easily.

Of the apps listed that I have, the ethereal stuff in Garageband/Alchemy are kind of what I'd initially had in mind, but I like the stuff in M3000 a lot too. And, I also really like the ethereal stuff in iWavestation.

Funny, I spent so much time trying to craft weird composites in iWavestation back when I bought it, that I hadn't realized it actually has some good, straight up decent sounds without all of the programming or randomization at all. I'd purchased all of the extra IAP sounds too. I need to use that one more often.

Discovered there's some good choral stuff in Photophore too.

• @skiphunt said:
    Initially, it was just something quick for the marginally amusing faux endoscopic video above ;) so, I wasn't going to spend a lot of time looking... though after the fact I realized it might be a handy sound to be able to get to easily.

Of the apps listed that I have, the ethereal stuff in Garageband/Alchemy are kind of what I'd initially had in mind, but I like the stuff in M3000 a lot too. And, I also really like the ethereal stuff in iWavestation.

Funny, I spent so much time trying to craft weird composites in iWavestation back when I bought it, that I hadn't realized it actually has some good, straight up decent sounds without all of the programming or randomization at all. I'd purchased all of the extra IAP sounds too. I need to use that one more often.

Discovered there's some good choral stuff in Photophore too.

Funny you said that, as I’ve just been making a sampled PhotoPhore sound in BM3 that’s a tad angelic lol