Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

DISCORD 4 Sounds Smazing │ Stereo Pitch Shifter FX - haQ attaQ 272

Audio Damage has done it once again with DISCORD 4, a stereo pitch shifting effect plugin for iOS, PC and Mac. This thing is hot and it sound absolutely amazing. I am reviewing and demoing the AUv3 version for iOS in this video. DISCORD4 is so good that I've added it to my "essentials tool box", basically apps that I use all the time when producing music.

Apart from being a pitch shifter with a 6 octave range (3 up and 3 down) the DISCORD 4 also packs a delay, a filter and a reverb modules. And on top of that, the pitch shifting, delay and filter can also be modulated with two LFO's. Boom!

haqattaq

Comments

• Good video. Love the clarity even on the big screen here. Nicely done.

As for the app: Straight into the forever toolbox.

• Strangely beautiful sounding. Excellent demo, Jakob. :)

• great video. thanks!

• edited February 2018

Bought immediately with the link below the video.

• edited February 2018

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Straight into the forever toolbox.

>

Sounds like the title of a mythical album from someone utterly fantastic. Or Jon Anderson on crack. :D

As for the app, Jakob says it works for all knobs, so that’s most of us sorted. ;) Bought it from Doug’s link as that was demo I saw first, and having lots of fun.

• Just had this app to process GrooveRider! Sonic joy! Dark Dotted Eight Preset is awesome! Thanks Haq, Great video man!

• Such a great plugin. Great review too

• Yeah, Grooverider and this thing!

• It is fun. A poor man's bit of fabfilterage (at a far more reasonable price). I hope/trust that someone somewhere is working on a preset set for me to buy please...it comes with some of course, but only enough to make me wish for more....

• Anyone have any suggestions on setting this up as a direct emulation of the H910? Or a video with a side-by-side? Mainly curious as I know that the H910 was the root of Discord4's architecture. Not being very familiar with the H910 I'm confident that Discord can do much much more, but I'd be interested in hearing how close an emulation (if it is close at all) it is.

• edited February 2018

For which one Captain? GrooveRider or Discord4 ?

Or did you mean Maxima app?

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    It is fun. A poor man's bit of fabfilterage (at a far more reasonable price). I hope/trust that someone somewhere is working on a preset set for me to buy please...it comes with some of course, but only enough to make me wish for more....

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    For which one Captain? GrooveRider or Dischord?

Or did you mean Maxima app?

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    It is fun. A poor man's bit of fabfilterage (at a far more reasonable price). I hope/trust that someone somewhere is working on a preset set for me to buy please...it comes with some of course, but only enough to make me wish for more....

Sorry Skipper: Dischord....

• @MusicMan4Christ ; What’s your workflow on that ? Are you using AUM? (Grooverider and doschord).

• edited February 2018

Bigtime! I have GR loaded and added Discord4 as insert and also GeoShred all mix bus to channel A. I’m still learning the ins and outs of AUM it’s deep too but clean on the surface.

@Telstar5 said:
    @MusicMan4Christ ; What’s your workflow on that ? Are you using AUM? (Grooverider and doschord).

• Just for clarity, the app is called Discord4 - “cord” not “chord”

• Again, one of your great videos

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

Well so far I agree with Jacob, one of it's best uses is as a simple but lush-sounding chorus effect. Just dial in a small amount of semitone on both channels and leave the rest alone. Say -12 on one and +16 on the other. Sounds great with either the modern or vintage algorithms.

• edited February 2018

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    It is fun. A poor man's bit of fabfilterage (at a far more reasonable price).

>

I know what you mean, and am a huge FF fan. We use those on almost everything. That said, while Discord offers less than FF, what it does suits many styles and, unlike FF, can be used outside of Auria Pro. Great price point, too.

• Brillaint video - very sharp even on my big desktop monitor.

As for the app - pure class - great UI, stable as anything, totally usable.

• @handed said:
    Just for clarity, the app is called Discord4 - “cord” not “chord”

Thanks!! Fixed it now! :)

• Thank you for all the feedback, I'm happy you enjoyed this one.

Btw @Chris_Randall I would Love to see an AD envelope shaper/Transient designer type auv3. ;)

• Historically I avoided most plugins on desktop due to draconian copy protection schemes. So glad to have the good stuff on iOS now.

• Great demo video!

• @realdavidai said:
    Historically I avoided most plugins on desktop due to draconian copy protection schemes. So glad to have the good stuff on iOS now.

I can somewhat understand that. It apeared that The USB dongle containing the Cubasis license kept crashing my computer. It stoped when I switched the port. Weird issue.

• @realdavidai said:
    Historically I avoided most plugins on desktop due to draconian copy protection schemes. So glad to have the good stuff on iOS now.

Audio Damage has also absolutely nailed desktop copy protection (insofar as there really is none). And their desktop prices are amazing. I’m sure they took a major risk in removing DRM, but the payoff to the end user is extreme IMO.

• Great sounds! Digital detune is a great alternative to traditional chorus.

• Fantastic demonstration of a great app.
    I can feel like Tony Visconti for only 6 bucks!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Dawdles said:
    If set fully wet and shortest delay time can I use this as a straight pitch shifter (with further bells and whistles)? Probably grab it anyway but would be a bonus.

Yes, tracking is quite fast. But be warned that it doesn’t respond to every pitch equally — depending on the buffer size, certain notes will warble and stutter while others will track like a dream. It sounds very unique if you know what you’re getting into, but it doesn’t sound “solid” like a Micro POG (and it wasn’t meant to).

• Haq, I’m not able to hear anything while recording in Cubasis with Discord4 as insert effect. Can you please check if you can? Thanks!