Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Can you suggest a lazy workflow to trim/loop my collection of original samples?

edited February 2018 in App Tips and Tricks

Most loop, so I wanted something like a stripped down soundforge (like wavesaur), and I have twistedwave and pretty much everything else. I’m just lacking on workflow, or perhaps stamina at the moment. I also kinda have OCD about zero crossings.

I don’t expect you guys to solve my existential problems, but at this point I accumulated so many sounds, and haven’t done anything concrete for so long that I feel I should just release these in the wild, given a little push.

So I’m basically just trying to make these useful, I have so many hours worth of samples, it’s gonna take me two years, at a steady pace, but I’ll share eventually.

Thanks for any guidance, I know I’m not such a great contributor, but I love this place.

Comments

• edited February 2018

Thanks for bringing that to my attention, I dunno how I never heard of that! I’m checking it!

Is it stable, do you know? Cause I’ve had my share of disappointments

• edited February 2018

I see you’re well intended but last update was like 4 years ago. Safest bet must be BM3. Or auria pro if I need to nudge the warp markers. There’s no shortcut, what was I thinking... I was hoping some magical genies would come up and put in the work for me. Bummer...

• @pedro said:

I see you’re well intended but last update was like 4 years ago. Safest bet must be BM3. Or auria pro if I need to nudge the warp markers. There’s no shortcut, what was I thinking... I was hoping some magical genies would come up and put in the work for me. Bummer...

Actually the last update was 7 months ago.

• Do you just need to trim heads/tails to get a clean loop? If you are releasing these for free, just let the end- user do it themselves. It’s good practice for them anyway, and would save you a ton of work.
    With that said....what kinda samples do you have, exactly? :)

• @pedro said:
    Most loop, so I wanted something like a stripped down soundforge (like wavesaur), and I have twistedwave and pretty much everything else. I’m just lacking on workflow, or perhaps stamina at the moment. I also kinda have OCD about zero crossings.

I don’t expect you guys to solve my existential problems, but at this point I accumulated so many sounds, and haven’t done anything concrete for so long that I feel I should just release these in the wild, given a little push.

So I’m basically just trying to make these useful, I have so many hours worth of samples, it’s gonna take me two years, at a steady pace, but I’ll share eventually.

Thanks for any guidance, I know I’m not such a great contributor, but I love this place.

My approach is this

If it didn't make a huge impression to even listen to in the first place, not missing something I didn't listen to.

I look forward for new things and cutting edge sounds.

Just me

• tjatja
    edited February 2018

Beattwirl is from the developer of Beat Time!!!!

I put it onto my wishlist...

And if you miss a wishlist as well:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/your-app-wishlist/id1287493475?l=en&mt=8

• @CracklePot said:
    Do you just need to trim heads/tails to get a clean loop? If you are releasing these for free, just let the end- user do it themselves. It’s good practice for them anyway, and would save you a ton of work.

Lots of different stuff, my brothers play guitar, I do percussion singuing and a whole lot of synths. I did a whole lot of loops like ten years ago that I shared. Let me fetch those. Lost interest because of life choices and situations, but I still got it. I’ll put on a selection to prove it :)

• @RUST( i )K said:

Let me just preface this by saying I really like your vibe. I have no idea who you are, of course, but you seem like a nice guy, don’t ask me why I must have powers or something.
    Would really love to do some kind of collab with you, but I’m known for just recking things, I’m not sure you’d gain anything from it...

• @pedro said:

@CracklePot said:
    Do you just need to trim heads/tails to get a clean loop? If you are releasing these for free, just let the end- user do it themselves. It’s good practice for them anyway, and would save you a ton of work.

Lots of different stuff, my brothers play guitar, I do percussion singuing and a whole lot of synths. I did a whole lot of loops like ten years ago that I shared. Let me fetch those. Lost interest because of life choices and situations, but I still got it. I’ll put on a selection to prove it :)

That sounds like some interesting audio material. Let us know if you decide to post it somewhere. B)

• I’ll get back with a selection of some of my sounds. I promise.