Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Numan Lives!

Just saw a performance by Gary Numan and his daughter Persia, on a one night only return of the Old Grey Whistle Test, and after all these years he’s got a modern classic. Fast forward to about 1:40

My Name is Ruin

https://youtu.be/4nsN0W_DrvY

Sadly, the gits at Billboard have already taken against him....

__Following the album's release, it was revealed that, in spite of it being predominantly recorded with electronic instruments, it had been excluded from Billboard's dance/electronic music chart, with an executive from Billboard advising BMG that “Sonically, the Numan album just does not fit in" with Billboard's perception of electronic dance music._

Comments

• Yeah his latest album is really good :)

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    Yeah his latest album is really good :)

>

Yeah, Savage, a concept album.

• I just seen that vid too....loving the sound of that track

• edited February 2018

@Zen210507 said:
    Just saw a performance by Gary Numan and his daughter Persia, on a one night only return of the Old Grey Whistle Test, and after all these years he’s got a modern classic. Fast forward to about 1:40

My Name is Ruin

__Following the album's release, it was revealed that, in spite of it being predominantly recorded with electronic instruments, it had been excluded from Billboard's dance/electronic music chart, with an executive from Billboard advising BMG that “Sonically, the Numan album just does not fit in" with Billboard's perception of electronic dance music._

Weird decision to exclude this type of music from Dance/ Electronic charts if you look at this weeks no 1 a just hear a love ballade on which I hardly can move ;)

• This is so cool.
    I hope his daughter follow his steps :smile:

• That was cool. Billbored is so dum. :D

• Hearing Cars every morning while getting ready to go to classes got me into the world of synths and music/video production. Thanks Gary! New album is great!

• Gary Numan has been producing some of the best music of his career so far in the last few years! Some of the soundscapes, moods and textures are stunning to listen to. There is some serious talent happening in the writing and production and long may it continue!

• In the Friday music slot this week, part 1 (of 2!) of Tones, Drones, and Arpeggios: The Magic of Minimalism, followed by a repeat of Synth Britannia b/w Synth Britannia at the BBC. Set those recorders/VPNs now…
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b09twd7y

• @Masanga said:
    In the Friday music slot this week, part 1 (of 2!) of Tones, Drones, and Arpeggios: The Magic of Minimalism, followed by a repeat of Synth Britannia b/w Synth Britannia at the BBC. Set those recorders/VPNs now…

Seen the Synth Brittanica one, where old whatsisface shows off our old Dr Rhythm, but the drones thing sounds good, thanks for the heads up.

@Zen210507 said:

My Name is Ruin

Thanks, missed the beginning of this programme and like a bit of Numan.

• @Masanga said:
    In the Friday music slot this week, part 1 (of 2!) of Tones, Drones, and Arpeggios: The Magic of Minimalism, followed by a repeat of Synth Britannia b/w Synth Britannia at the BBC. Set those recorders/VPNs now…

Synth Britannia is definitely worth a watch if you ain’t seen it.

• edited February 2018

@senhorlampada said:
    This is so cool.
    I hope his daughter follow his steps :smile:

>

Not sure how old Persia Numan is, but believe she and sister Echo are still at school.

On this evidence, the young lady has what it takes in terms of image, voice and a few industry contacts. Whether she can write hit songs, and get them played...

• @CracklePot said:
    That was cool. Billbored is so dum. :D

>

Yeah, it seems like a sad excuse to keep the old guy out of the running. Cowards.

• @AndyPlankton said:

@Masanga said:

The whole Synth Britannia docu is still available on youtube :)

• @greengrocer said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@Masanga said:

The whole Synth Britannia docu is still available on youtube :)

Cool! Thanks! B)

• Good stuff. Thanks for sharing, @Zen210507.

• @Zen210507 said:

My Name is Ruin

You’ve all got to admit, that video is one of the coolest “take your daughter to work” days you’ve ever seen.

• I saw Gary Numan last year, the Savage tour. It was exceptional! Highly recommended if anybody gets the chance.

• @NoiseHorse said:
    You’ve all got to admit, that video is one of the coolest “take your daughter to work” days you’ve ever seen.

>

Indeed. No embarrassment about ‘dad used to be a rock star’ there. Numan junior can be proud.

• My nephew is Mr Numan’s biggest fan. Must have seen him live hundreds of times, and has everything he’s ever done, several times. Part of the fan club, selfies with GM, signed gear, all apparently down to me who first played him the stuff. ‘All your fault’ as his long suffering wife says.

• @MonzoPro said:
    My nephew is Mr Numan’s biggest fan. Must have seen him live hundreds of times, and has everything he’s ever done, several times. Part of the fan club, selfies with GM, signed gear, all apparently down to me who first played him the stuff. ‘All your fault’ as his long suffering wife says.

>

A woman I know has a husband who is a big Numan fan. The guy went to see him recently, got GN to sign his arm, and then had that tattooed in place!

• @Zen210507 said:

@MonzoPro said:
    My nephew is Mr Numan’s biggest fan. Must have seen him live hundreds of times, and has everything he’s ever done, several times. Part of the fan club, selfies with GM, signed gear, all apparently down to me who first played him the stuff. ‘All your fault’ as his long suffering wife says.

>

A woman I know has a husband who is a big Numan fan. The guy went to see him recently, got GN to sign his arm, and then had that tattooed in place!

He does seem to have a very loyal following - wouldn’t surprise me if my nephew did the same!

Saw him live on the Telekon (?) tour, with screaming fans Bay City Rollers style. I like his stuff, I might dig some out today and have a listen.

• I listen to some Numan most weeks to be honest. Only a few of his albums I don’t have in some form or other, mostly some of the live ones and the film soundtrack he did with Ade Fenton. I’m no way a collector, but always loved his music. Seen him quite a few times, but never met him.

I was at the concert when he found out he’d just become a dad - that was kind of cool. You could see how chuffed he was. At a later concert, I spoke to a women, who had a very young kid with her at the back of one of his concerts - pretty sure she was his wife.

The guys had some emotional ups and downs, but he comes across as such a down to earth guy. Always look forward to the next Numan album :)

• Love the fact that Gazza and John Foxx both produce new stuff rather than just going over the old albums. Both class acts

• @crouchie said:
    Love the fact that Gazza and John Foxx both produce new stuff rather than just going over the old albums. Both class acts

I saw John Foxx as a surprise support act for Human League a few years back. He was great. While I loved the reminiscing over the HUman Leagues set, John stole the show with mostly new material (and a few oldies thrown in but made fresh). Amazing what he did with a very basic stage setup and one other guy on stage with him!

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@crouchie said:
    Love the fact that Gazza and John Foxx both produce new stuff rather than just going over the old albums. Both class acts

I saw John Foxx as a surprise support act for Human League a few years back. He was great. While I loved the reminiscing over the HUman Leagues set, John stole the show with mostly new material (and a few oldies thrown in but made fresh). Amazing what he did with a very basic stage setup and one other guy on stage with him!

He’s recently done some great stuff as John Foxx and The Maths using old analogue kit that is worth checking out ;-)

• @crouchie said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@crouchie said:

He’s recently done some great stuff as John Foxx and The Maths using old analogue kit that is worth checking out ;-)

Thanks for that, will go check it out :)

• Well, if billboard can't classify it that must mean....

It's creative.
    I love this song.

• @mrufino1 said:
    Well, if billboard can't classify it that must mean....

>

It's creative.
    I love this song.

>

Seems like they went out of their way to declassify the album Savage, as not being electronic. Not based on the factual circumstance of its recording, but based on thier almighty opinion.

Same bullshit as the art establishment. You are not an artist unless they say so.