Samplist is live on the App Store

Comments

• I've been seeing a lot of positive feedback on Samplist

• @DYMS said:
    Just purchased it as well because the developer seems solid and deserves the support for the way he has put this together.

Oh, and what is this voodoo?
    After downloading I long held the app to put it in my music folder and this popped up. Never seen this before... cool!

@alecsbuga
    However, when I try to add a sample directly from that pop up (it seems to be samples in the top level of files app, not in any assigned folder) I get the following.

That said, it seems like the Japanese Store might not have the update yet as I don’t have pads, just keys, so maybe this has already been fixed :)

The pop-up shows recent files. If you want to copy files drop them in the Samplist/Samples folder inside the Files app.

Ps: the pads are in the works. That's just a design idea to get user feedback.

• @alecsbuga said:

@DYMS said:
    Just purchased it as well because the developer seems solid and deserves the support for the way he has put this together.

Oh, and what is this voodoo?
    After downloading I long held the app to put it in my music folder and this popped up. Never seen this before... cool!

@alecsbuga
    However, when I try to add a sample directly from that pop up (it seems to be samples in the top level of files app, not in any assigned folder) I get the following.

That said, it seems like the Japanese Store might not have the update yet as I don’t have pads, just keys, so maybe this has already been fixed :)

The pop-up shows recent files. If you want to copy files drop them in the Samplist/Samples folder inside the Files app.

Ps: the pads are in the works. That's just a design idea to get user feedback.

Love the pads. Seems to be the point of the app.

• edited February 26 Vote Up0

@DYMS said:
    Haha, I feel like the last guy to discover a great band that everybody has heard about...

>

Hey, I just have to let you know about a popular beat combo from Liverpool. :)

• @Zen210507 said:

@DYMS said:
    Haha, I feel like the last guy to discover a great band that everybody has heard about...

>

Hey, I just have to let you know about a popular beat combo from Liverpool. :)

Yeh, Cast were great, those tunes are eternal.

• @TheVimFuego said:
    Yeh, Cast were great, those tunes are eternal.

>

For sure. But I was thinking of Pete Wylie’s Wah! ;)

• Here are the pads in action. With velocity & stuff!
    Still need to polish that screen a little and then I'll send it to beta testers.
    Velocity will have a ON/OFF toggle and I'll add a transpose button in case you have more than 16 slices.
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/gLASvwx5kv1oqcpO2

@alecsbuga Bought it but all wav samples I want to import through Audioshare or Dropbox crash the Application. I'm on iOS 10.3.3 iPad Air 2.

• @alecsbuga said:
    Here are the pads in action. With velocity & stuff!
    Still need to polish that screen a little and then I'll send it to beta testers.
    Velocity will have a ON/OFF toggle and I'll add a transpose button in case you have more than 16 slices.
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/gLASvwx5kv1oqcpO2

Great! Looking forward to Link and, of course, AU. Fascinating to watch this evolve.

• @greengrocer said:
    @alecsbuga Bought it but all wav samples I want to import through Audioshare or Dropbox crash the Application. I'm on iOS 10.3.3 iPad Air 2.

Thanks for reporting. I'll have a look.

You press SHARE from Audioshare and Open in?
    Actually send me an email to [email protected] and detail the process.
    Thanks

• @alecsbuga said:

@greengrocer said:

Thanks

I try to open sample by
    Tap to load file > Choose Preset > Browse > Audioshare / Library > select a .wav file
    And after that crash (open closes)

Dropbox same route and crash after selecting a .wav file

Could have something to do with iOS 10.3.3?

Thanks for looking into it

• @greengrocer said:

@alecsbuga said:

@greengrocer said:

Thanks

I try to open sample by
    Tap to load file > Choose Preset > Browse > Audioshare / Library > select a .wav file

I think it's due to iOS 10. Thanks.
    I guess a lot of you guys have 10 and that might be the issue.

• loving this app. I can’t wait to see where it goes. something that might be cool is an option to adjust tuning per slice.

• @eross said:
    loving this app. I can’t wait to see where it goes. something that might be cool is an option to adjust tuning per slice.

Dude you CAN do that :)

Just select a slice and swipe the controls to the second page. Ta daa :)

• Version 1.2 is live on the App Store.
    What's new:
    • Slices cannot go outside the screen anymore. They're limited to the sample length.
    • Increased the zoom size.
    • Split the sample into equal regions.
    • Split the current selected sample into half.
    • Renaming a sample which has a preset, now renames the preset also.
    • When you tap ADD SLICE, it ads it after the current selected slice.
    • Fixed the faders. You can drag them easily now.

Enjoy. More coming soon.

• @alecsbuga said:

@eross said:
    loving this app. I can’t wait to see where it goes. something that might be cool is an option to adjust tuning per slice.

Dude you CAN do that :)

Just select a slice and swipe the controls to the second page. Ta daa :)

haha I didn’t even know there was a second page. I had a pretty late Saturday night, and only about 10 minutes with the app. I’ll have to dig into it tonight. thanks for letting me know :D

• @alecsbuga said:

@RUST( i )K said:

Is that #12 in Music in your screenshot? Holy shit!

At that moment! YEP

• Hi
    This is an unfinished app, too buggy and... hummmm....at that price, even with v1.2 and the intro price
    The knobs have a strange behavior, jumping and not precise
    The keyboard is not responsive
    Sometimes an erased slice still play and a placed slice did not
    The workflow of the app is not my taste
    I don’t want to be a beta tester at that price
    Refund for me

• It's hard out here in these streets for ios developers :D . Great job @alecsbuga . Makes me want to build my own app.

• @alecsbuga Would you like comments, possible bugs, etc posted here or is there a place where you would rather receive them. I have been playing around with the app a bit more and have some things to report.

• @hansjbs said:
    It's hard out here in these streets for ios developers :D . Great job @alecsbuga . Makes me want to build my own app.
    @Cristus said:
    Hi
    This is an unfinished app, too buggy and... hummmm....at that price, even with v1.2 and the intro price
    Refund for me

You know what's funny? I initially made the knobs linear. People said they're weird. Make them like garage band.

I made them like garage band (rotational) and now people want them linear.

I guess you can't satisfy everyone. I'm sorry you changed your mind. Perhaps you can revisit it on a future update.

• @DYMS said:
    @alecsbuga Would you like comments, possible bugs, etc posted here or is there a place where you would rather receive them. I have been playing around with the app a bit more and have some things to report.

No. This will quickly become a mess. Use the feedback link on http://alexbuga.com/samplist
    Thanks.

• @alecsbuga said:

@DYMS said:
    @alecsbuga Would you like comments, possible bugs, etc posted here or is there a place where you would rather receive them. I have been playing around with the app a bit more and have some things to report.

No. This will quickly become a mess. Use the feedback link on http://alexbuga.com/samplist
    Thanks.

Sounds good. Will do.

@greengrocer said: show previous quotes

I try to open sample by

I guess a lot of you guys have 10 and that might be the issue.>

Exactly the same problem here. IOS 10 as well ...

@mhc0 said:

@greengrocer said: show previous quotes

I try to open sample by

I guess a lot of you guys have 10 and that might be the issue.>

I have exactly the same problem here. IOS 10 as well ...

• Yeah guys. I've just sent Version 1.2.5 to the App store.
    I finally fixed it!
    Luckily my mom had still iOS 10 on her ipad. It was a sneaky one. In the simulator it was all good.

I'm really sorry and thank you for your understanding.

PS: As a bonus, I've included the Pads in this update. I still have to work a little on the pad pages but they have velocity so ... hell yeah! :D

• @alecsbuga said:
    Yeah guys. I've just sent Version 1.2.5 to the App store.
    I finally fixed it!
    Luckily my mom had still iOS 10 on her ipad. It was a sneaky one. In the simulator it was all good.

PS: As a bonus, I've included the Pads in this update. I still have to work a little on the pad pages but they have velocity so ... hell yeah! :D

I LOVE this message. And I approve this message loving it.

All devs need to shout out to their moms.

As for the earlier rubbish about the hot knob action (red apple or green apple etc) I guess that's why many have settings so the user can select which apple they want/prefer. Put it on the deep one-day list :)

Keep on.

• edited February 27 Vote Up0

@alecsbuga said:
    Yeah guys. I've just sent Version 1.2.5 to the App store.
    I finally fixed it!

Thanks for the superfast response. Keep up the good work and greetz to your Mom! :)

• @alecsbuga said:

@hansjbs said:
    It's hard out here in these streets for ios developers :D . Great job @alecsbuga . Makes me want to build my own app.
    @Cristus said:
    Hi
    Refund for me

You know what's funny? I initially made the knobs linear. People said they're weird. Make them like garage band.

I made them like garage band (rotational) and now people want them linear.

I guess you can't satisfy everyone. I'm sorry you changed your mind. Perhaps you can revisit it on a future update.

Rotary fan here. Questions for you, what's the maximum sample length? And are you working on an auto slice (transient/division/note length)? Can you name the slices for export? I've got Gadget as my main sample repository and I've got a specific naming convention so I can find things. Appreciate your efforts!

• thanks so much for creating this wonderful app! Looking forward to the AU version B)