Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Samplist is live on the App Store

Comments

• I've been seeing a lot of positive feedback on Samplist

• @DYMS said:
    Just purchased it as well because the developer seems solid and deserves the support for the way he has put this together.

Oh, and what is this voodoo?
    After downloading I long held the app to put it in my music folder and this popped up. Never seen this before... cool!

@alecsbuga
    However, when I try to add a sample directly from that pop up (it seems to be samples in the top level of files app, not in any assigned folder) I get the following.

That said, it seems like the Japanese Store might not have the update yet as I don’t have pads, just keys, so maybe this has already been fixed :)

The pop-up shows recent files. If you want to copy files drop them in the Samplist/Samples folder inside the Files app.

Ps: the pads are in the works. That's just a design idea to get user feedback.

• @alecsbuga said:

@DYMS said:
    Just purchased it as well because the developer seems solid and deserves the support for the way he has put this together.

Oh, and what is this voodoo?
    After downloading I long held the app to put it in my music folder and this popped up. Never seen this before... cool!

@alecsbuga
    However, when I try to add a sample directly from that pop up (it seems to be samples in the top level of files app, not in any assigned folder) I get the following.

That said, it seems like the Japanese Store might not have the update yet as I don’t have pads, just keys, so maybe this has already been fixed :)

The pop-up shows recent files. If you want to copy files drop them in the Samplist/Samples folder inside the Files app.

Ps: the pads are in the works. That's just a design idea to get user feedback.

Love the pads. Seems to be the point of the app.

• edited February 2018

@DYMS said:
    Haha, I feel like the last guy to discover a great band that everybody has heard about...

>

Hey, I just have to let you know about a popular beat combo from Liverpool. :)

• @Zen210507 said:

@DYMS said:
    Haha, I feel like the last guy to discover a great band that everybody has heard about...

>

Hey, I just have to let you know about a popular beat combo from Liverpool. :)

Yeh, Cast were great, those tunes are eternal.

• @TheVimFuego said:
    Yeh, Cast were great, those tunes are eternal.

>

For sure. But I was thinking of Pete Wylie’s Wah! ;)

• Here are the pads in action. With velocity & stuff!
    Still need to polish that screen a little and then I'll send it to beta testers.
    Velocity will have a ON/OFF toggle and I'll add a transpose button in case you have more than 16 slices.
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/gLASvwx5kv1oqcpO2

• edited February 2018

@alecsbuga Bought it but all wav samples I want to import through Audioshare or Dropbox crash the Application. I'm on iOS 10.3.3 iPad Air 2.

• @alecsbuga said:
    Here are the pads in action. With velocity & stuff!
    Still need to polish that screen a little and then I'll send it to beta testers.
    Velocity will have a ON/OFF toggle and I'll add a transpose button in case you have more than 16 slices.
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/gLASvwx5kv1oqcpO2

Great! Looking forward to Link and, of course, AU. Fascinating to watch this evolve.

• @greengrocer said:
    @alecsbuga Bought it but all wav samples I want to import through Audioshare or Dropbox crash the Application. I'm on iOS 10.3.3 iPad Air 2.

Thanks for reporting. I'll have a look.

You press SHARE from Audioshare and Open in?
    Actually send me an email to [email protected] and detail the process.
    Thanks

• @alecsbuga said:

@greengrocer said:

Thanks

I try to open sample by
    Tap to load file > Choose Preset > Browse > Audioshare / Library > select a .wav file
    And after that crash (open closes)

Dropbox same route and crash after selecting a .wav file

Could have something to do with iOS 10.3.3?

Thanks for looking into it

• @greengrocer said:

@alecsbuga said:

@greengrocer said:

Thanks

I try to open sample by
    Tap to load file > Choose Preset > Browse > Audioshare / Library > select a .wav file

I think it's due to iOS 10. Thanks.
    I guess a lot of you guys have 10 and that might be the issue.

• loving this app. I can’t wait to see where it goes. something that might be cool is an option to adjust tuning per slice.

• @eross said:
    loving this app. I can’t wait to see where it goes. something that might be cool is an option to adjust tuning per slice.

Dude you CAN do that :)

Just select a slice and swipe the controls to the second page. Ta daa :)

• Version 1.2 is live on the App Store.
    What's new:
    • Slices cannot go outside the screen anymore. They're limited to the sample length.
    • Increased the zoom size.
    • Split the sample into equal regions.
    • Split the current selected sample into half.
    • Renaming a sample which has a preset, now renames the preset also.
    • When you tap ADD SLICE, it ads it after the current selected slice.
    • Fixed the faders. You can drag them easily now.

Enjoy. More coming soon.

• @alecsbuga said:

@eross said:
    loving this app. I can’t wait to see where it goes. something that might be cool is an option to adjust tuning per slice.

Dude you CAN do that :)

Just select a slice and swipe the controls to the second page. Ta daa :)

haha I didn’t even know there was a second page. I had a pretty late Saturday night, and only about 10 minutes with the app. I’ll have to dig into it tonight. thanks for letting me know :D

• @alecsbuga said:

@RUST( i )K said:

Is that #12 in Music in your screenshot? Holy shit!

At that moment! YEP

• Hi
    This is an unfinished app, too buggy and... hummmm....at that price, even with v1.2 and the intro price
    The knobs have a strange behavior, jumping and not precise
    The keyboard is not responsive
    Sometimes an erased slice still play and a placed slice did not
    The workflow of the app is not my taste
    I don’t want to be a beta tester at that price
    Refund for me

• It's hard out here in these streets for ios developers :D . Great job @alecsbuga . Makes me want to build my own app.

• @alecsbuga Would you like comments, possible bugs, etc posted here or is there a place where you would rather receive them. I have been playing around with the app a bit more and have some things to report.

• @hansjbs said:
    It's hard out here in these streets for ios developers :D . Great job @alecsbuga . Makes me want to build my own app.
    @Cristus said:
    Hi
    This is an unfinished app, too buggy and... hummmm....at that price, even with v1.2 and the intro price
    Refund for me

You know what's funny? I initially made the knobs linear. People said they're weird. Make them like garage band.

I made them like garage band (rotational) and now people want them linear.

I guess you can't satisfy everyone. I'm sorry you changed your mind. Perhaps you can revisit it on a future update.

• @DYMS said:
    @alecsbuga Would you like comments, possible bugs, etc posted here or is there a place where you would rather receive them. I have been playing around with the app a bit more and have some things to report.

No. This will quickly become a mess. Use the feedback link on http://alexbuga.com/samplist
    Thanks.

• @alecsbuga said:

@DYMS said:
    @alecsbuga Would you like comments, possible bugs, etc posted here or is there a place where you would rather receive them. I have been playing around with the app a bit more and have some things to report.

No. This will quickly become a mess. Use the feedback link on http://alexbuga.com/samplist
    Thanks.

Sounds good. Will do.

• edited February 2018

@greengrocer said: show previous quotes

I try to open sample by

I guess a lot of you guys have 10 and that might be the issue.>

Exactly the same problem here. IOS 10 as well ...

• edited February 2018

@mhc0 said:

@greengrocer said: show previous quotes

I try to open sample by

I guess a lot of you guys have 10 and that might be the issue.>

I have exactly the same problem here. IOS 10 as well ...

• Yeah guys. I've just sent Version 1.2.5 to the App store.
    I finally fixed it!
    Luckily my mom had still iOS 10 on her ipad. It was a sneaky one. In the simulator it was all good.

I'm really sorry and thank you for your understanding.

PS: As a bonus, I've included the Pads in this update. I still have to work a little on the pad pages but they have velocity so ... hell yeah! :D

• @alecsbuga said:
    Yeah guys. I've just sent Version 1.2.5 to the App store.
    I finally fixed it!
    Luckily my mom had still iOS 10 on her ipad. It was a sneaky one. In the simulator it was all good.

PS: As a bonus, I've included the Pads in this update. I still have to work a little on the pad pages but they have velocity so ... hell yeah! :D

I LOVE this message. And I approve this message loving it.

All devs need to shout out to their moms.

As for the earlier rubbish about the hot knob action (red apple or green apple etc) I guess that's why many have settings so the user can select which apple they want/prefer. Put it on the deep one-day list :)

Keep on.

• edited February 2018

@alecsbuga said:
    Yeah guys. I've just sent Version 1.2.5 to the App store.
    I finally fixed it!

Thanks for the superfast response. Keep up the good work and greetz to your Mom! :)

• @alecsbuga said:

@hansjbs said:
    It's hard out here in these streets for ios developers :D . Great job @alecsbuga . Makes me want to build my own app.
    @Cristus said:
    Hi
    Refund for me

You know what's funny? I initially made the knobs linear. People said they're weird. Make them like garage band.

I made them like garage band (rotational) and now people want them linear.

I guess you can't satisfy everyone. I'm sorry you changed your mind. Perhaps you can revisit it on a future update.

Rotary fan here. Questions for you, what's the maximum sample length? And are you working on an auto slice (transient/division/note length)? Can you name the slices for export? I've got Gadget as my main sample repository and I've got a specific naming convention so I can find things. Appreciate your efforts!

• thanks so much for creating this wonderful app! Looking forward to the AU version B)