Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Does AUM ever go on sale?

I’ve been putting off buying it because I assume I missed last Christmas sale?

Comments

• Seems like it rarely goes on sale, and most likely around Black Friday. I say just get it already. You will only save a few dollars by holding out, and that is still far away. And then what if it doesn’t even go on sale? :D
    Just playing. Do whatever you want. But it is definitely worth full price to me. :)

• Yeah for sure. I’m sure I will, but since it’s a 20 bucker I figured I’d at least ask. Absurd to not have it of course but I got mine after Christmas and have already spent over $150 on apps so far. Peanuts considering the value of the apps, but for no good reason I somehow held off on that.

Thanks, good reasoning there.

• AUM is always on sale

• @MAtrixplan said:
    AUM is always on sale

It had to be said. Truth.

• edited February 2018

The triple A combination is essential for any type of task involving multiple apps.
    Audiobus/AUM/AudioShare are not the most exciting things but they make life so much easier. AUM at twice the price would still be very reasonable for the possibilities that it brings!

Much as I love iOS as a music making playground I would probably go back to desktop only if these 3 apps were to disappear...

• well said... I'd consider an AUM sale a true offence towards mental sanity.
    It's the most convenient digital patcher/router/mixer that ever crossed my way.

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:
    The triple A combination is essential for any type of task involving multiple apps.
    Audiobus/AUM/AudioShare are not the most exciting things but they make life so much easier. AUM at twice the price would still be very reasonable for the possibilities that it brings!

Much as I love iOS as a music making playground I would probably go back to desktop only if these 3 apps were to disappear...

They do glue everything together and they are so easily taken for granted because they aren’t the latest shiny thing making or effecting noise.

Imagine one or more of those got virtually discontinued and was forced to be deleted from your device. Not good ...

• Given what it does (however non-glamourously), imagine how much AUM would cost if it was a piece of real hardware. $20 for what it does as an app is a steal.

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:

It would be similar to using my Android phone if these apps did not exist. Need I say more? :p

• @SealTeamSick said:
    I’ve been putting off buying it because I assume I missed last Christmas sale?

Do you ever visit the Discchord website? One of the great things about it is the ability to see app info. For example, check this link to see the price history for AUM. Sales for AUM only ever to be a few bucks, so I would say that the money you save isn’t worth the time you will be without the benefit of it... weird sentence. I guess I mean, just buy it.

https://discchord.com/appDB/id1055636344

• Cheaper than Ableton 10

• @MAtrixplan said:
    AUM is always on sale

+100

• wait. i always assumed 20$ was the sale price....

• Appshopper.com is another great place to check out the price history of a particular app.

It list rev changes, price changes, and can even notify you when an app you're interested in goes on sale.

• @Audiohub said:
    Appshopper.com is another great place to check out the price history of a particular app.

It list rev changes, price changes, and can even notify you when an app you're interested in goes on sale.

That’s what I use to keep my wishlist. B)

• OKAY GUYS!!!!!! PLEASE FORGIVE THE BLASPHEMY OF MY QUESTION!!!

I did a bad thing… :blush:
    Lol but really thanks guys above and beyond answer!
    And on the subject, I have to say, being more of a visual guy, AUM is extremely well designed visually, not an easy feat considering it’s task.

• edited February 2018

Delete

• edited February 2018

Delete

• From https://appsliced.co/app?n=aum-audio-mixer&l=list

$18.99 since Nov 26, '17
    $15.99 for 4 days Nov 22, '17
    $18.99 for 360 days Nov 27, '16
    $16.99 for 4 days Nov 24, '16
    $18.99 for 21 days Nov 02, '16
    $15.99 for 7 days Oct 26, '16
    $18.99 for 209 days Apr 01, '16
    $14.99 for 8 days Mar 24, '16
    $19.99 for 24 days Feb 29, '16
    $9.99 before Feb 29, '16

• Yeah but has it ever gone free?… [pitchforks enter stage left and empale my head and vital organs].

Lol no prob! Devs take note, not only will people pay $20 for a great app, they will defend the pricing as mana from heaven. Rightly so! I stand corrected.

• Lol @SealTeamSick

Backstory: the dev, @j_liljedahl has made a few incredibly useful apps for the iOS musician community. Jonatan even whipped up an oscillator app (and made it free) just on recommendation of someone on the forum here. Then all the AUFX apps, which were pretty ground breaking IAA apps... so he has some “personal” history here and most of us just wish he had enough success with his app-making (funds, resources, time) to turn all the AUFX apps into AUv3 effects. So, don’t take it personally... but it’s personal! :wink:

• @SealTeamSick said:
    OKAY GUYS!!!!!! PLEASE FORGIVE THE BLASPHEMY OF MY QUESTION!!!

I did a bad thing… :blush:
    Lol but really thanks guys above and beyond answer!
    And on the subject, I have to say, being more of a visual guy, AUM is extremely well designed visually, not an easy feat considering it’s task.

We're all guilty of getting apps at discounted prices. If you can get it cheaper fair play to you. If not, at full price you'll be sponsoring future development for all of us.

One thing has to be said is that probably AUM is the furthest from abandonware an app can get. Your money will definitely not be wasted either way.

Good luck.

• AUM and Audioshare are musts. If I had either taken away from me, I couldn’t function on iOS. Auria can only fill the void of recording final tracks.

• $11.99 right now

• Great ROI. buy it.

• @yug said:
    $11.99 right now

That’s a steal....

• On sale now AUM, Audioshare, Sector and Gestrument Pro

• How’s Gestrument Pro? Is the learning curve steep?

• edited October 2019

Don't want to get too into Kremlinology, but does this portend something?? @j_liljedahl Is something from Kymatika around the corner??

• edited October 2019

@RajahP said:

@yug said:
    $11.99 right now

That’s a steal....

+1, essential app for me, Audioshare too.