Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Samplist is live on the App Store

Comments

• edited February 2018

It says $9.99 usd in the App Store.. Is the $4.99 intro price over?

• You’re doing an incredible amount of work on this, well done, it’s really appreciated.

• Shortest intro price ever :)

• Sorry guys. iTunes connect interface is a bit confusing. I’ve extended the price drop for the whole week. That was the initial intention.

• So is it still on sale? It looks not to be .

• edited February 2018

I don’t know why but I have a feeling within the year this app is just going to be monstrous .

• @alecsbuga said:
    Hey guys, my sampler app is LIVE on the App Store! Approved in record time.
    http://www.alexbuga.com/samplist/

I'll update the website soon with a manual... or actually a Youtube presentation.
    PS: Version 1.1 is waiting for approval to fix Audiobus. Right now, Audiobus works only on my ipad :)

Tips: CC 20, 21, 22, 23 can be used to alter the filters. I'll add MIDI Learn in the next update.

Special thanks to @mathieugarcia @analog_matt @brambos
    Also special thanks to the beta testers! (watch your inboxes for a surprise)

Bought. Congratulations. This will be fun.

• @Telstar5 said:
    I don’t know why but I have a feeling within the year this app is just going to be monstrous .

Working on LFO and Filter envelope and true polyphonic mode.

• @alecsbuga said:

@Telstar5 said:

Working on LFO and Filter envelope and true polyphonic mode.

Keep on.

• Seems the link to AppStore is not working ;for me at least

• @MeatWalrus said:
    Seems the link to AppStore is not working ;for me at least

It's iPad only.
    Also try searching for "Samplist" in the AppStore.

• Got it, bought it, thanks

• I also bought it and think it has great potential, even though I’m not a huge sample user (mostly synths for me). I know that WAVs are recommended but can I mention that mp3 and m4a also don’t work as they should.

• You’re doing great work man. I also bought because you said you were going to do it, did it, and did it well. Bugs are a part of the process, but your commitment is motivating and watching the process is inspiring. You’ve got a lot of support in this little community. Keep it up!

• Thank you guys!
    @PhilW there are some issues with compressed files. I'm gonna restrict those and display an alert. M4A is definitely a no-no. The way iOS works is if you say "Open audio files" from code it lets you see all the audio types.

• i appreciate and love to support a developer actively working with users to make things better

• Bought because of the intention, the communication and the ambition of @alecsbuga

• Yes, I tried an M4A and basically nothing worked at all. Will try some uncompressed stuff later...

• @LeonLeroy said:
    i appreciate and love to support a developer actively working with users to make things better

>

Yep, that is a really good thing, which benefits both.

• Ok so after a couple of messages and a 1* review which states "the sound is crap" I want to point out once again that the main use of this as it is right now is for drums, or mpc style chops. It's not meant to play freaking arpegios on those keys :D

So to make it more obvious I'm adding a PADS view by default, so it's obvious that the slices are played as hits not notes. With velocity of course :P

If you enable chromatic mode, I'll show up the keys. And by that time I'll have the poly mode in place.

Also I'll make a toggle to disable the pitch shifter. Not everyone likes the 90s sound :)) ... I do honestly.

• When playing chromatically, the original pitch is assigned to the lowest key on the keyboard - would it not make more sense to be on the middle C? I know you can get around that with the pitch control, but it would save an extra step.

• edited February 2018

It's C3 if you play it via MIDI. I'll keep that in mind for chromatic mode, but now it plays slices in order from key 1 to last key. That's why it starts with key 1

• I bought it and it’s pretty interesting. I look forward to updates. Congratulations!

• ReSlice would appear to be the competition?

• @alecsbuga said:
    Ok so after a couple of messages and a 1* review which states "the sound is crap" I want to point out once again that the main use of this as it is right now is for drums, or mpc style chops. It's not meant to play freaking arpegios on those keys :D

So to make it more obvious I'm adding a PADS view by default, so it's obvious that the slices are played as hits not notes. With velocity of course :P

If you enable chromatic mode, I'll show up the keys. And by that time I'll have the poly mode in place.

Also I'll make a toggle to disable the pitch shifter. Not everyone likes the 90s sound :)) ... I do honestly.

Now that's more like it! B)

• edited February 2018

Just purchased it as well because the developer seems solid and deserves the support for the way he has put this together.

Oh, and what is this voodoo?
    After downloading I long held the app to put it in my music folder and this popped up. Never seen this before... cool!

@alecsbuga
    However, when I try to add a sample directly from that pop up (it seems to be samples in the top level of files app, not in any assigned folder) I get the following.

That said, it seems like the Japanese Store might not have the update yet as I don’t have pads, just keys, so maybe this has already been fixed :)

• @DYMS said:
    Just purchased it as well because the developer seems solid and deserves the support for the way he has put this together.

Oh, and what is this voodoo?
    After downloading I long held the app to put it in my music folder and this popped up. Never seen this before... cool!

That voodoo is available on loads of apps in ios11.... shows recent files :)

Loving the app - good call - and the iterative release / improvements is something which I really appreciate as an approach. Will go add a review to offset the. 1 star crew.

• @skoptic said:

That voodoo is available on loads of apps in ios11.... shows recent files :)

Loving the app - good call - and the iterative release / improvements is something which I really appreciate as an approach. Will go add a review to offset the. 1 star crew.

Haha, I feel like the last guy to discover a great band that everybody has heard about, but I’m not even mad because the band (feature) is still great :)

I have also left a strong review. Just waiting for update to arrive in my App Store now.

• @alecsbuga Congrats on your new app! Any plans on making it universal/iPhone version? Cheers! :)

• @iansainsbury said:
    Bought because of the intention, the communication and the ambition of @alecsbuga

Same here